• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Changes to the Series Would Ruin Zelda for You?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
A few things that would ruin the series as a whole:

1) Modernization: Guns simply don't belong in a Zelda game!
2) A protagonist that is not Link: Link clearly defines the Legend of Zelda, so it would be appalling to me if there was a new protagonist.
3) Becoming a turn-based RPG: Zelda is not meant for this type of gameplay style. While AoL did push RPG elements such as experience, that's as far as I'd like it to go. Zelda is not Final Fantasy after all and should never be.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Well, if good ol' Big N incuded the absolutely terrible time mechanic that they had in Majora's Mask, that would officially ruin the game for me. Like they did with MM. I hate MM.

@SavageWizzrobe: An RPG Zelda would be AWESOME

@HylianHero: You are hereby stripped of your title as the last pure Ninfan for this sacrilege. How could you utter such disparaging comments at the epitome of happiness?

BTW, guns would be horrible, but robots? what's wrong with robots? But it would be horrible if they brought back Tingle, Navi, or Kaepora Gaebora. Or if they never use Beedle again.

Voice acting would ruin the series for me.

We've all been playing Zelda games for a long time, and we all imagine what the characters sound like. To give the characters real voices would take away from that.

zellinkda

one of many
you know if they put voice acting in zelda, i will scream. they all talk about it, but i will go to japan if i have to to tell them it's all a mistake. oh, and if they make it look like call of duty, I'll do the same thing.
zellinkda's list of things to do when nintendo makes zelda look bad:
write a letter saying that they are making a mistake. be nice first.
call nintendo of europe, america japan, and austrailia to tell them the same thing.
do an operation moonfall type petiton and get the fans involved.
boycott the game.
go to nintendo of america and yell at them
go to nintendo of japan, magically learn to speak japanese, and yell at them

S

Sunset Blue

Getting rid of Link, getting rid of all races other than human/Hylian, "modern" setting... tons of things, really. Many small things add up to the essence of the Zelda games, but certain big components like that just can't be messed with. Imagine if they did away with dungeons! D:

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I say if Nintendo makes a Zelda game easier than that of Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess, it would personally ruin the series for me. There are several other things that would turn the typical Zelda fan off (but I welcome it):

* Death of Link for the canon story
* Guns and modernization
* Any Good (protagonist) character being killed [forever] for the canon story, e.g Zelda
* [I do NOT welcome this] as MW7 said, a game that is released that is really below the standards of the series.

Late reply, but:
I think they kinda did that in Majora's Mask with the Deku Butler's son, Darmani and Mikau. The characters may not have been as important as Zelda, but still... and then there's Queen Rutela in TP and
Impa in SS

After rethinking the modernisation process now... I wouldn't even be mad if they introduced a gun if it plays little role and isn't overpowered. I mean the first firearms have been around for quite some time, for example the arquebus in the 15th century. Steam-powered trains however weren't introduced before the 19th century, and we had a game centring around them. So I'm sure they could have a gun or two in the game while still retaining an overall medieval fantasy feeling. Just think about the cannon boat from WW and the cannon in the Snowpeak Mansion from TP, and cannons and guns aren't that different from each other.

And I really think now that with a more and more important storyline, the games should have voice acting (except maybe for Link). Just imagine Ghirahim with it, would've given him a lot more personality! And let's not lie to ourselves: For a long time now, Link hasn't been the link to the player anymore. Starting at least with Wind Waker, Link has and shows his own emotions which might not always cover those of the player. And in SS, we can even literally see him talking to Gaepora after the incident with Zelda.
Therefore I say yes to voice acting, after all they could make it optional.

I will support the Zelda franchise no matter what. I am not one of those picky, whiny gamers that complains about every little thing. People like that annoy me to no end and they are everywhere it seems.

These games keep getting easier and easier. The day when TLoZ series offers me no challenge whatsoever is the day I stop playing.

E

Estalphos

music that Koji Kondo didn't make hahahaha his soundtracks are epic.

AwesomeZeldaFan

Fierce Deity
I think if they went back to Zelda II
or if they just scrapped the magic meter
for all games to come. Im okay with TP and SS but I
couldnt stand another game without a magic meter.
OR if there was no form of transportation such as
epona or the loftwing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom