• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Changes to the Series Would Ruin Zelda for You?

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
Oh man if they changed Zelda how can Link save Zelda from evil if they add guns and like real time bombs I would just play the old games because the are still the same Legend of Zelda we all knew if they do change it I would not play the new games of Zelda but wait. Legend of Zelda take place of the 12 century and oh can they change it like now put like Busy Cites and Link wearing a green shirt and wearing brown pants and shoes and Zelda can be like the President's Daughter and Link I can think many things he can be. Oh and the Tittle its called Legend of Zelda and the new tittle will be something like: The Saving of Zelda or something better then that thats all I can say if this happens

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I think the things that would ruin the Zelda series for me have already been mentioned but oh well.

Voice acting would definitely ruin it. I like just being able to read the text and interpret the speech in my own way. If the text was voiced I can only imagine it ruining it for me; I can't see how it would work. Even if they did it well. I suppose if there was a movie obviously actors would have voices too but I think that's different and that could work. But not in the games themselves.

Again with modern weapons or technology. One of the things I enjoy about Zelda games is the time they are set in. The weaponry is brilliant as it is; the swords and the bow. That is one of the things that makes Zelda, Zelda! Link with a gun would put me off the games. It's different if it's in SSBB or something but in the main games...No.

I think Zelda music has set itself a high standard. The music should continue to be lovely to play and listen to and I think if they changed the style too much it would ruin it. Or, of course if the level of quality was to drop.

ShaneOMac713

The Seal has been Broken
The things that would make the Legend of Zelda get ruined is if there were guns, it was like modern games, or if they changed the main character from Link to someone else that is the only thing I can think of oh and if Ganondorf was the villain than I would quit playing that game unless I still have the classic ones

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Isn't it funny how everybody says going modern would be bad and yet Majora's Mask gets so much love today? It had a band and electricity in it. Along with the political system, which leaves the feudalistic method of having a king and gives Clock Town a mayor.

It isn't FFVII-like futuristic, but took some steps in that direction. Sorry if it seems like trolling. I can assure you that wasn't my intention. Just something interesting I thought of pointing out.

Now, on topic:

One thing that would ruin the series for me is too much focus on mindless combat. While it has always been part of the series, there has always been a puzzle element to balance it out. I mean mindless killing like in Call of Duty, where you can just go guns blazing with no strategy at all. Too many games today follow the model of "kill everything and you win" design and Zelda is a game that has always added some headwork to that.

Just my opinion, though.

geek4887

The Unknown
Umm, They should NOT change the style of the Overworld. The magical world is what i fell in love with Zelda in the first place. Ever since that first Zelda game which i actually played for the Gameboy. Zelda is great just as it is.

D

DFVI

As long they dont make a Modern Zelda, a lot of stupid Spin offs and 1 game per year, i will be fine. Also, i would prefer to keep the middle Age feeling that TLOZ has.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Voice acting,
Link talking,
removal of magic,
removal of the significance of music,
a lack of homage to games like OoT and SwS,
linearity,
lack of difficulty (yes I mean you, PH),
lack of appeal to hardcore Zelda players,
and just about anything that disagrees with Zelda's main feel/pattern.

I probably wouldnt like it if it was 1st person. Modern is not good, i want to feel like there are no electronics. And I hope they dont make another sidescroller. Im fine with graphic changes of any sort.

Most of these are either wildly unrealistic (First Person futuristic with guns and spaceships! Erm.. you're just describing Metroid Prime) or really stupid (I'll never play it again if Navi comes back!/I hate trains!). I personally quite like the steampunk-ish areas in some Zelda games and would quite like to see those expanded upon (yes, including trains) and wouldn't mind if they used a different character to Link (who isn't even the same character in most games anyway) as long as it was used to flesh out the story. Something that is realistic that I wouldn't like (but wouldn't be a dealbreaker) was if they gave Link a voice, the rest of the characters being voice-acted I can manage but it could ruin Link as a character for me (see Samus' whinier moments in Other M).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom