• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Changes or Improvements Would You Most Like to See in Monolith Soft's New RPG?

Monolith's new RPG, which appears to be a sequel (or at least in the same vein) to Xenoblade Chronicles, looks amazing, right down to graphics and physics. I really enjoyed Xenoblade, even if it wasn't perfect, so I'm looking forward to this next installment even more.

Since it appears to still be in the early stages of development and we don't know exactly what it will bring, what new things would you most like to see out of this sequel?

My suggestions:
#1: Co-op. Not long into my Xenoblade play time, I realized it would play perfectly as a cooperative adventure. All the necessary materials are there, and it would create probably one of the most fun, immersing, and teamwork-building co-op game experiences on the market. Supplement this with efficient and fluid Wi-Fi so you always have other people to play with, and it easily becomes one of the main selling points.
#2: Streamlined transportation. I loved the huge world of Xenoblade, but I didn't like having to traverse it all on foot. If you accidentally fall over an edge you couldn't see, you'll probably have to start waaaay back at some previous point and prepare for a lot more running. The mechs seen in the trailer may take care of this, but it's a good idea to bring the point up anyway. Whether it's mechs, horses, hoverboards, dragons, or whatever, we should have some faster, easier way to explore the world.
#3: Different weapon types. In the first Xenoblade, you had only one type of weapon per character. Shulk had the Monado, Sharla had her rifle, Melia had her staff. Again, the trailer hints that this is true, but what if you could give each character different types of weapons? Gun-users could not only use rifles, but pistols, assault rifles, and other weapons. This could really lend a strategic and customizable edge to the already deep combat system.
#4: Unique sidequests. I know Xenoblade's overwhelming roster of sidequests means not every one can be a gem, but they seemed overly simple, boiling down to classic MMO "kill X amount of this" or "collect Y amount of that." With the sequel's apparently increased control, physics, and animation, we could be engaging in mini-games, conversing with NPCs to guide them to the best choices, partaking in unique battle scenarios, and more. Not every one is probably going to play like this, but a healthy selection of unique sidequests would be nice.
#5: Customizable characters. Even if it's only for a smaller mode like online or some sort of arena, creating your own character from scratch would be icing on the cake to a world as huge and immersing as Xenoblade's. It'll require a ton of customization options to really mean anything, but it's another thing that would gel perfectly with the game.
#6: Carrying through on streamlining sidequests. I was told most of Xenoblade's sidequests don't require you to return to the NPC who started you on your quest. That's not true. The grand majority really do involve going back and talking to them, which is made all the more inconvenient by how they're ALWAYS wandering around somewhere, making them incredibly difficult to track down and having me spend upwards of thirty minutes or more just looking around for these guys. Let's streamline sidequests so all but the unique and important ones really do wrap up the moment you complete the last task and that people are easier to find. The latter could be achieved by highlighting the NPC's location on the map or creating an icon in the environment you can follow.

So do you have any other ideas for this new Xenoblade? Are you as excited for it as I am?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom