• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What can you talk about for hours?

Ninja

Well well well
We all have something that we are passionate about. Something that we can just talk about for hours, we know every little detail about it, and surprise others when we talk about it. Even if you aren’t an expert at it, what is so intriguing to you about it? What is that subject for you?

For me, it would have to be about my passion for the ocean. We know so little about it. It’s such a vast, dark, and mysterious thing. We cannot have life without water, and the fact that it plays such a role in our existence is mind boggling. There are so many unknown questions about it, that if you could write a book about what we don’t know, it would be staggering!

I find it really fascinating that the deepest parts of the ocean are undiscovered, especially with the pressure limitations. Can you imagine what sort of creatures live down there, that can handle that pressure? We only see giant squids because they die and float up. Imagine what’s living down there!

Urban legends.

I love urban legends. I love falling down rabbit holes online and discovering new a creepy things about the world.

I love how so many urban legends toe the line of being so believable that they're scary, but so unbelievable that they're fascinating.

I especially love Eastern urban legends like Japan's Teke-Teke and Kuchisake-onna, they just fascinate me no end and if you engage me about them then I will never shut up.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I love the ocean.
Can you imagine what sort of creatures live down there, that can handle that pressure? We only see giant squids because they die and float up. Imagine what’s living down there!
I too am passionate about the ocean!

I was so fascinated to know that deep down, light doesn't even penetrate yet organisms survive.
Also, unlike other sharks, Greenland Sharks live in deep sea. The oldest one is 400 years old.
What do you know? Maybe kraken really exists!
Another thing about marine ecosystem is that it has inverted biomass pyramid
download.jpeg-3.jpg

Other than that, we like to talk about Kollywood. It's a very big industry

Health & Fitness. I love researching & finding out about the bodies capabilities & how things work on a nueromuscular level; what the different effects of training & nutrition have on the body. I can ramble on about health/fitness for a long while & often have to cut myself off before I get on a tangent.

Games & anime I'm down to debate but more specifically Doctor Who. Adore that show so much & can talk about it all day long.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Usually I’m awkward and shy around people in real life, but there is a few things that I can talk about excitedly and not be as awkward.

Warrior Cats.

I could talk about how great this book series is all day. So many great characters and interesting plots. And these books have heart ache and joy. Characters can die, but that just makes the books more special. It means the creators weren’t too scared to make some sad stuff happen. But they follow it up with joy in the end. I feel for most of the characters and want them to be happy.

In the first book series, Redtail, ThunderClan’s deputy, dies in battle. But is that what really happens? It turns out there is a cat in ThunderClan, hungry for power, and they won’t stop for anything to get it. It’s up Firepaw to convince his leader, Bluestar, that the cat is evil and has to stop them. But Bluestar does not listen, and actually makes the cat deputy. What will happen? Will the cat be satisfied with being deputy, or will they do something horrible?

Gotta read the books to find out :P

Cats.

Cats themselves I could talk endlessly about. How cute and fluffy they are, how nice and elegant they are, and how they are always there when you need comfort. The purrs of a cat actually lowers your blood pressure, and cats owners are way less likely to have heart attacks. Cats all don’t only purr when they are happy, they can purr when they are scared to comfort themselves. Cat are amazing! <3 <3

My Novel.

I like to talk about part of my plot to people so it’s not just in my head. I love getting them intrigued. But I don’t want to talk about a lot of it here since I want it to be a surprise. I love to talk about my characters’ personalities and their secrets. Even though I know my characters so well, most of them don’t even have names yet haha. I really got to get back at naming them...

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
True crime.

Besides the usual hobbies, one of my favorite pastimes is reading about unsolved cases. My mom and I like to watch the ID channel quite a bit, but she doesn't like to watch episodes of anything if the case is unsolved. So when one starts and it's ambiguous to whether it's solved or not she'll ask me if it is and I can usually tell her if it isn't.

There have been a couple of times where I've just walked in the room or we just turned it onto a show and within seconds I've told her what case it is that they're talking about just based off of one or two key words.

It's really satisfying to read up on an unsolved case and then later hear that it's been solved. Which thankfully seems to be happening a lot lately with genetic genealogy becoming more popular.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
apples in the metaphysical sense

That's hard to answer as I have many interests and the subject usually changes based on my mood. I don't think I could talk about just one thing for hours. I like Planet of the Apes and could probably manage an hour discussion on that, but I'll surely run out of things to say afterwards. So, I don't know. I tend to jump around to avoid exhausting the topic.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
If you ask me about my ocs and their stories, you are in for an infodump. They've become an ever-expanding multiverse inside my head and I made websites to host all the information I've been able to get myself to write down. If you're lucky, I'll take the easy way out and just give a basic explanation before linking my site. But if you catch me in a mood, be prepared for me to talk your ear off.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
I really know a decent bit in many subjects, but perhaps not enough to talk for hours. The only thing o could think of would be Zelda/Nintendo in general, as I have picked up tons of trivia over years of playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom