• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Can We Do to Revive Toonami's Ratings.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Ever since it's rebirth on Adult Swim, Toonami's ratings have steadily gone down hill. Starting with well over a million viewers, its gone down to about 600 thousand in april, and now it's climbing back up and falling back down at unknown intervals. The question now is why the ratings are going downhill? Is it a lack of interesting anime, is it the late time frame, or is it just simply lack of communication? What do you think is causing Toonami's lack of ratings, and what can we do about it? Also, what anime do you wish to see on Toonami in the future?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The only problem is the time frame that the block is set. Few if any people can stay up long enough to get to the good stuff, and even then, it is limited to few days of the week. They should revive the TRUE Toonami, the one that aired at 4PM CST (i.e when everyone got home from school) till like 6PM, then again from 8PM to 10PM (at 10, Adult Swim comes on) five days a week. Then the ratings would climb up very steeply.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
The only problem is the time frame that the block is set. Few if any people can stay up long enough to get to the good stuff, and even then, it is limited to few days of the week. They should revive the TRUE Toonami, the one that aired at 4PM CST (i.e when everyone got home from school) till like 6PM, then again from 8PM to 10PM (at 10, Adult Swim comes on) five days a week. Then the ratings would climb up very steeply.

True, but another problem is anime is yet to be truly introduced to the yougner population. DBZ Kai didn't do anime justice, and neither does pokemon etc. Also, the problem with the weekdays is the CN Action block. A true solution is starting Toonami as soon as AS starts, instead of showing the boondocks before hand.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
The time frame isn't that bad. It's the shows that are on it. They need to put shows that people already recognize like DBZ, or Gundam Wing. It needs to be liked it used to in order for them to get their ratings back high.

I like Toonami for what it currently offers but I agree with Ventus that it needs to return to its former week slot. The once a week late time slot definitely hurts Toonami. It's hard to remember what the previous week's episodes were about after seven days and even less profitable for adolescents to stay up late Saturday night and wake up late Sunday, rush to finish homework and in turn head to school tired Monday. I love Toonami for what it offers and watch it every Saturday but for some it's cumbersome to view as is.

guapo2003 said:
It's the shows that are on it. They need to put shows that people already recognize like DBZ, or Gundam Wing. It needs to be liked it used to in order for them to get their ratings back high.

Huh? Bleach and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood are about as mainstream as you get.

Big Octo

=^)
Cartoon Network should reacquire the rights of DBZ, and begin to air remastered episodes uncut. I'd hope they would return voice actors that have been replaced, but that likely wouldn't be so. Then again, this whole thing sounds like a wish anyway, but I can still dream.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
The time frame isn't that bad. It's the shows that are on it. They need to put shows that people already recognize like DBZ, or Gundam Wing. It needs to be liked it used to in order for them to get their ratings back high.

Yet, Toonami was originally meant to show us NEW anime, not old classics. If anything, they need to show Yu Yu Hakusho, it's a phenomenal anime with a large ammount of episodes, and it's underated as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom