• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Buttons Do You Press when Catching Pokemon?

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Back in the days of Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal, there were the days of Up+B, then when the ball explodes, B+A. That turned into a habit that I still use to this day.

Dracoburn

Lance's Protégé
I know it's just a myth, but it's really become a good luck charm by now. When I play the older games, sans touch screen, I press and hold B so hard that I sometimes damage the button. On newer games, I press my stylus right to the middle of the button of the Pokeball shape on the touch screen.

I also rock my system back and forth in time with the ball.

P

piraka12

it depends on ball
for normal pokeball i just keep tapping a
greatbal i do a but only every two
ultraball a+b tapping
safariball b tapping and the rest mostly a+b or l+R
i only do nothing at masterball

O

ocarinahero

On my 3DS I hold every button except the Start, Select and Home.

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
Some people had tricks and button combos to do. I just sat there and hoped I caught the Pokemon. 50% of the time I caught em, the other 50% I didn't.

It depends on the game, but the idea is generally the same. I draw the path of the Poke Ball(or just point the d-pad in the direction it's flying, hold B when the Poke Ball opens, press A once it's closed, and then draw the shaking(or move the d-pad with it) until it's caught. I've never actually noticed a difference between when I do that and when I don't, though. Hmm...

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
Years and years ago my cousin tried making me believe that you could do more damage in Pokemon Stadium by holding some ridiculous button combo. In the Project 64 emulator you can put a cheat on so if you hold 'L' it OHKO's your opponent XD so I guess there is a combo to do it.

I usually sorta mash a combo of A and B . . . my friends used to tell me it helps with the capture, and now it's a habit.

Up and B all the way! Although as a kid my friend told me that when I threw a pokeball (I am using a gameboy advance SP BTW) that I should mute the system, close it, and toss it in the air and I would catch. It actually ended up working sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom