• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What are your Zelda quirks?

I think we're all different in how we go about playing Zelda games, to an extent, and I've been thinking about it a bit because I've been replaying A Link to the Past. I have this thing when I play A Link to the Past, where I generally refuse to upgrade my sword past level 2, because the Master Sword is a keen meme. Is there anything like that for you guys? What idiosyncrasies do you have when it comes to playing Zelda?

Good question, when it comes to Zelda games I'm using not that picky, but I usually like a collecting all the overworld's chests. That's one thing I like doing.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
One example I can think of is in BotW, right before cutscenes I will change my euipment and outfit to what I want displayed in the cutscene. Like, on Death Mountain I will allow Link to burn for a few moments in the heat in order to wear the Champion's Tunic for the Vah Rudania cutscenes.

My quirk is a bit counter productive, before I finish a sitting and turn the game off, I have to go back to Link's home or Hyrule Castle.

For example I'll warp back to Hateno and sleep until morning and save outside of Link's house in BotW.

In TWW I'll save at the end of the pier where KorL is before switching off.

In TP I'll save at the front gate of Hyrule Castle.

Etc, etc. I don't know why I do it.

Last edited:
My quirk is a bit counter productive, before I finish a sitting and turn the game off, I have to go back to Link's home or Hyrule Castle.

For example I'll warp back to Hateno and sleep until moring and save outside of Link's house in BotW.

In TWW I'll save at the end of the pier where KorL is before switching off.

In TP I'll save at the front gate of Hyrule Castle.

Etc, etc. I don't know why I do it.

Because even a hero needs to rest. I do the same in TP and Breath.

I like jumping over the townspeople and gravestones in AoL.

As a kid, I used to fire off a swordbeam salute to thank the fairies for healing me.

When I'm not riding Epona in TP and MM, I like to leave her around the Faron Spring/Fountain/Romani Ranch.

I like to jump stab the key when it falls in AoL, this is a quirk I carried from childhood

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
if my wooden shield burns in twilight princess, I do not buy another shield until.....I don't know, something

in wind waker, whenever you get a heart piece after beating a boss, if you jump in any direction while L targeting to get the heart, it stops link mid animation and just zooms in on him; a pretty bad one is if you do a backflip to get the heart piece, then the camera goes to his crotch while he's in the air
......I did not feel good typing that out

I do the same for high value rupees in twilight princess, but I do the hidden skill jump attack one, unlike wind waker, it waits for link to finish the attack and then shows him getting the rupee

I do the same for skyward sword for materials and such, but thats less of a quirk and more so a quick way to bypass that stupid item collect bit

back to wind waker, whenever going to a next area where it has to load [i.e. entering hyrule castle], I always backflip

last, less stupid one, in majoras mask, I never extend my magic meter, probably stems from the fact that I had no idea you even could extend it for the longest of time

I refuse to do Spirit Temple before the Shadow Temple in Ocarina of Time
I go out of my way to kill the dumb lynel on the Great Plateau after every blood moon in Breath of the Wild
Every time I play Twilight Princest I stop playing before first dungeon because I am bored to tears
Not really a quirk of mine, more of a game quirk because it's garbage

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
In Majora's Mask I have to do the Fierce Deity Glitch. It's a requirement per playthrough.

I also randomly blackflip and swing Link's sword around. I guess it stems from my life long fascination with weapons.

I try and find chickens to anger in any game and see what happens. I also have grave robbing tendencies ever since ALttP.

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
I like to chop all the grass...everywhere...in every game.
I also like to talk to every single character in the game, even if I know what theyr'e going to say. I feel like they'd be lonely if I didn't talk to them, know what I mean!?
Finally, I always equip one of the most useless or least popular items to carry around with me in general. In ALttP I usually have the bug cather's net equipped, or a bottle, or something dope like the Fire or Ice rods <3

Playing botw I pick up everything, do the shrines I past (or at least tag them so I can come back later) I have done several playthroughs of botw.. Yes, I have done the trial more than once on master mode.. am I crazy maybe or a little quirky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom