• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are Your Top 10 Video Games of All Time?

D

dinggledoser

1. Castlevania (NES)
2. God Hand
3. Mega Man 2/3
4. The Legends of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
5. Castlevania: Bloodlines
6. GoldenEye 007
7. Devil May Cry
8. Awesome Extreme 2: The Quest For Mad Snacks, Bro!
9. Team Fortress 2
10. Mega Man 5

I understand now after I made my list that I need to play a more varied selection of games. I meen to have 3 Mega Man games on this is just sad.

In no order:
10. Portal 1/2
9. Bioshock 2
8. Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
7. Any Assassin Creed game
6.Metroid Prime
5.Pikmin1/2
4.Zelda Wind Waker
3.Half Life 2 and its episodes
2.Garry's Mod
1.Zelda OoT

Garo

Boy Wonder
1. Portal 2

Portal 2 was incredibly atmospheric - I have never in gaming experienced such a desolate feeling place as the old Aperture Science facilities. Despite featuring only three voiced characters and a silent player character, the game has the most memorable characters from any video game, and I can quote most of their lines from memory. The gameplay - like the original - is very novel and unique, featuring some incredibly inventive and devious puzzles to progress through the game. The music felt completely at home within the game. The visuals were mindblowingly impressive. A perfect game, in every sense of the term.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (tie)

Majora's Mask is the darker, more mature version of its predecessor - harder and more freeform, the game is the Empire Strikes Back of the Zelda series. The world of Termina, doomed to die after three dies, is filled with a wonderful sense of doom that no game has been able to successfully emulate. Featuring the same wonderful gameplay that has become a 3D action game staple since its use in Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask featured wonderful blends of puzzle solving and straight up action that make the game a treat to play every time. A perfect game, in every sense of the term.

3. Half-life 2

Almost as influential as Ocarina of Time, Half-life 2 introduced gamers to the world of photorealism and realistic physics in a wonderful marriage. Applied to a stellar story that was not spoon-fed but that evolved from the world around you, the game's construction shone and proved that gaming could be highly artistic.

4. Super Mario Galaxy

Mario platforming reaches its pinnacle - with a wonderful orchestrated soundtrack, classic Mario gameplay married with new mechanics such as gravity changes and new suits, Galaxy proves that even an old formula can feel new and exciting.

5. Metroid Prime

Another exercise in style, Metroid Prime forgoes typical gaming conventions of storyline and instead opts for a heavy atmospheric, exploration-centered experience. Learning the story from the world around you, high intensity action, massive game-world wide puzzles and inventive items and abilities cement this game as the best GameCube title and one of the best titles ever made.

The Rest
6. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
7. Mass Effect (as a trilogy)
8. BioShock
9. StarCraft II
10. Metroid Fusion

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
1. Zelda:Ocarina of Time (self explanatory)
2. Star Ocean:Till the End of Time - I've played this game for about a year just to get 285/300 Battle Trophies, and having Full Active Mode is totally worth it. SO3 will forever be in my heart.
3. Zelda:Majora's Mask (same as OoT)
4. Turok Rage Wars - An amazing multiplayer shooter that is sadly not well known throughout the Nintendo community.
5. Goldeneye 007 (N64) - Same as Rage Wars although many more people know about it.
6. Call of Duty Black Ops - Overrated? Yes. Fun? DEFINITELY. This mindless shooter has given me both a time killing device as well as a way to blow off steam occasionally.
6. Resident Evil Zero (and RE4) - This (these) game(s) are just amazing. From horror to action in just a couple of minutes, I absolutely canot put Resident Evil down. Zero and 4 both do the series justice in my opinion.
8. Kirby Super Star (SNES) - (same as OoT and MM)
9. Super Smash Bros Melee - Young Link, Kirby, Link, and Mario in one game. That's all I need to say.
10. Kirby 64 The Crystal Shards - Zero Two.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
1. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Deep, compelling story, with well thought out NPCs in a new world with challenging challenges.
1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Would probably be number two without the classic feel and the fact that I can play it at anytime and it still be fun. I give props to MM by making this a tie.
3. Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - Lovely graphics and a new spin on Zelda that makes it a truly unique game that doesn't feel like anything I've played before. It was also challenging with interesting NPCs. Plus an amazing soundtrack.
4. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time - Classic game, with my favorite soundtrack ever. Love it.
5. MLB The Show - As a baseball fan, this game is amazing to me in all ways.
6. Donkey Kong Country - Another classic game. Still love it in every way possible.
7. One Piece: Unlimited Cruise: Awakening of a Hero - Being as big of a One Piece fan that I am, I love this game. Liked the characters more in this one than the first, so it gets a boost.
8. One Piece: Unlimited Cruise: Treasure Beneath the Waves - Same as the other One Piece game. Loved this game, was so happy to have Captain Kuro in.
9. God of War 2 - Where this game excels above the other two is the plot with the Sisters of Fate. I loved the plot, and the battle with the Sisters of Fate.
10. God of War 3 - A lot of great boss battles. Really enjoyed the game, especially Hermes and Hades.

Honorable mentions to number 11 and 12, God of War and Darksiders. Also pretty fond of the Fable series, Grand Theft Auto series and Bully.

T

thefourthsword

1 Majoras mask
2 Ocarina of time
3 Pikmin Wii
4 Pikmin 2
5 Super smash bros. games
6 Twilight princess
7 F-Zero GX
8 Wind waker
9 Mario sunshine
10 Spirit tracks

bubblecrash

Oh no its back
10: Soul Calibur 3-my favorite fighting game of all time and the only one i can actually play
9:Harvest Moon-Another Wonderful Life-i like the proggresive story line and that everyone ages trhroughout the game
8:Final Fantasy X:it'd be higher but wakka is annoying and whiny :/
7:Final Fantasy X-2: i loved the story and the ending was great
6:Super Paper Mario:another great story+ending kinda wished they'd kept it as an rpg though
5:Final Fantasy XII:longest final fantasy i've played but that made it better. i liked the hunt sidequests too the final one is HARD though
4:Chrono Trigger: another great RPG
3:Airport Mania: the little airplanes make me happy ^_^
2:Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door: best in the series, one of my favorite final bosses of all time and great story
1: Mega Man 2:best in the classic series, and i love classic mega man. plus it has the metal blade which you could put in any game and kill anything

yes, i know there are no zelda games but if thee was a top 20 there woule be some. i love zelda but i also love rpgs and mega man. please do not form an angry mob and chase me :(

In no particular order:

Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy X
Super Mario World
Red Dead Redemption
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Resident Evil 4
Donkey Kong Country 1,2,3
Uncharted 2

ShaddixCroft

The Twilight King
My 10 top games of all time is.........

1: Sonic the Hedgehog Series - No matter how rubbish some games are in the last 10 years (Shadow, Sonic 2006 and Sonic Chronicles) Sonic will always be Number 1 video game series ever for me <3
2: Tomb Raider series
3: Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
4: Crazy Taxi 2
5: Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
6:WWE Smackdown Here Comes the Pain
7: Super Mario Galaxy 1+2
8:Halo Reach
9:.Duke Nukem 3D
10: Tony Hawk Games 1999 - 2007

1. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - despite having loved Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, there's something about Wind Waker that will always make it my favorite game of all time. The graphics were gorgeous, and I, for one, loved the sea travel.
2. Kingdom Hearts - my sister introduced this game to me. Having been a huge Disney fan, I was drawn in by Kingdom Hearts, and I still replay it (and the sequel), once a year.
3. The Sims (series) - I'm not a big PC gamer, but The Sims fits the bill when it comes to the word "addictive". I play The Sims 3 almost every day, and I'm still discovering new things and making new stories.
4. Super Mario Galaxy 2 - as a big platforming fan, I fell in love with Galaxy and its sequel. They are platforming at its best, and I can't think of a better game to play when it comes to Wii.
5. Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow - my first video game of all time. Self-explanatory.
6. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - I had trouble placing this in my list. As much as I love Ocarina, I didn't know whether it belonged at the top or bottom of my list. I settled on #6 because, at the time, it was masterful, and even today, it still holds up thanks to an excellent 3D remake.
7. Professor Layton and the Curious Village - I was reluctant to climb aboard the Prof. Layton train. I wasn't a big puzzler back in 2008, but I'm glad I did. Everything, from the voice acting to the mind-bending puzzles, is perfect, and I recommend the entire series to every DS owner.
8. Goldeneye 007 - I played the original much later than everyone else, and I still found Goldeneye to be FPS gold. It set the standard for the modern FPS, and without it, I doubt we'd have Call of Duty or Halo.
9. Sly Cooper (series) - more platforming gold, and my first game for the PS2. I fell in love with Sly and the gang, and it was a shame to see the series end.
10. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - when I think of multiplayer, the first thing that comes to mind is Super Smash Bros. I've logged countless hours into this game, and more are added very often, since it's the go-to multiplayer game on Wii.

Honorable Mentions:

Pokemon Gold/Silver
Pikmin
Uncharted 2
LoZ: Twilight Princess
Portal 2
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Donkey Kong Country
Super Mario World

Wow, I have a lot of favorite games.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11