• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What are Your Thoughts on the ATLA Live-Action Remake?

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion

gotta say, they're making it kinda hard to look forward to it

I've uncertain on Sokka's thing, since it all depends how they remove it from the show, and if they do it well enough to where it doesn't feel like something's missing. I like that they're not just removing it, but drawing focus on a different element of his character, his trauma around his parents, which wasn't explored as deeply in the cartoon. If they pull it off right, there's some real good potential here.

But that second link, hoo boy. Not excited to learn about that, hah.
Here's the full quote:

Screenshot (28).png

I can understand where they're coming from, trying to keep Aang's focus consistent and keep the stakes high to build suspense, but I'm scared in that process we'll lose a lot of the charm the first season had.

Last edited:

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Hey, so I actually... really liked this adaptation. I still question its necessity, but I had a lot of fun with it. Most people are well cast and the special effects are (mostly) pretty good. And man, they really took advantage of not having to hide the violence off screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom