• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are Your Thoughts on HTTYD?

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
How To Train Your Dragon. I, being a huge dragon lover, just had to see it. I wasn't aware it was based on books at first. I read the first two and found that the movie is better, but that's just my opinion...

I love the movie and I'm eagerly awaiting the sequel that was recently announced. Watched one episode of the cartoon, it was okay. My only gripe is that some of the "dragons" shouldn't be called dragons because they don't look like either eastern or western style dragons, the whispering death, the thunderdrum...

Wispering-death-how-to-train-your-dragon.png
Thunder-drum-how-to-train-your-dragon.png

See? These are just weird monsters with dragon wings stuck on them. But still, great movie and story. What do you think of it?

Ever since I watched the first movie, I've been a huge fan of the franchise. While it doesn't have the best story out there, the movie's still great. The TV show's pretty good, but it did have some issues like the animation not being too good sometimes (half of the time the animation looks choppy, but I guess it's due to being TV animation), for example. I'll most likely check out the sequel depending on the reviews it gets.

Fig

The Altruist
I enjoyed the first movie and I have seen the HTTYD: Riders of Berk TV series, it is a decent show but I rather focus on the movie as well. From the trailers that I have seen of the HTTYD 2 movie, it does look impressive. I can already tell that it is going to have a more serious plot and the animation just looks incredible! I can't wait to watch the sequel and I really do hope that it will continue to make the series last for a while.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I liked the movie. I didn't realize there was a TV show (I probably won't watch that). I saw two of the short films, Gift of the Nightfury was cute, the Book of Dragons was just alright. I'm excited for the second movie, and hope it's not a total bust.

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
I loved the first one. I even watched "How to Train your Dragon Live". You should have seen the dragon robots they used for the show. They looked so realistic and sick. Especially the Red Death. I mean it was huge in the movie but in the live version... Holy ****... The robot they built for the Red Death was terrifying. It was a huge robot too! I'm so ready for the second movie!

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I loved the first one. I even watched "How to Train your Dragon Live". You should have seen the dragon robots they used for the show. They looked so realistic and sick. Especially the Red Death. I mean it was huge in the movie but in the live version... Holy ****... The robot they built for the Red Death was terrifying. It was a huge robot too! I'm so ready for the second movie!
I didn't know there was a Live! Wow...

One of the things that stands out to me that I forgot to put in the OP is the twins Ruffnut and Tuffnut. They remind me of my own Cerai and Leo, if they rode separate dragons instead of one two headed one I would think Dreamworks copied me. The way they bicker back and forth is just like my beloved characters: "Take the one with flowers on it, girls like flowers" *whack* "Oh too bad now it has blood on it" xD

So stoked for the sequel. Did you guys know Hiccup's mom is going to be in it? That's pretty dang cool. I'm looking forward to finding out why she left Stoick, how old Hiccup was when she did, etc. Because I'm such a huge shipper...would be cooler if the sequel was set a few more years later so she could come back to a grandkid or two. Since Hiccup and Astrid looked like they were interested in each other that way at the end of the first, heck, she even kisses him. Admit it. That would be adorable.

Last edited:

Magatha

Magatha
See, I grew up addicted to reading the book series way before the movie existed.

When your favorite books get turned into a movie, you hope that it will be an epic and accurate translation to motion picture, like Harry Potter or LotR. You fear that it will be stupidly awful and fail like Eragon or Percy Jackson. HTTYD is neither category. It is not true to the books, but I like what the movie producers did with it. They still made a brilliant movie of it, just not what I was expecting.

Beeker

Wild Card
Saw both movies within the span of a week, and fairly recently. I've generally ignored this series until now, but idunno why. xD
The first movie was pretty good, but the second? FANTASTIC. It made me choke in more ways than just sadness. Heck, the beginning sequence I was choked up because the animation, the atmosphere and just everything was so beautiful. But I think the one thing I love the most about this series is the dragons. They act in such unique(and sometimes dorky) ways. Man, I gotta watch these again. 8D

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
My thoughts? It's another kid animated movie that was pretty good, so they thought "hey let's make a sequel and make more money and we won't even have to think of characters and a setting" and it works and it makes me mad XD

My thoughts? It's another kid animated movie that was pretty good, so they thought "hey let's make a sequel and make more money and we won't even have to think of characters and a setting" and it works and it makes me mad XD

Yeah, it's not like the sequel's got a great plot or anything. Nope, it's just another generic kid's movie.

(You're kidding here, right?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom