• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are Your Thoughts on Heart Pieces Being in Dungeons?

G

Goroff

Many thought that heart pieces were annoying being in dungeons in TP....personally I thought it wasn't THAT bad, but I preferred in MC how there were heart pieces in dungeons, but not in chests...

Anyways this video confirms that there will be heart pieces in chests in dungeons in SS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gkdYa0PdxVk at 3:20 he opens the chest and gets a heart piece.

What are your thoughts?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I never saw a problem with Pieces of Heart being in dungeons. However, if they were all in the overworld, that would give cause for more exploration. And I love exploration. Heart Pieces in dungeons really only gives cause for more backtracking. So, I can see why people had a problem with it. However, I'm indifferent to it.

C

chicken storm

I really don't care as long as there's still Peices of Heart in the overworld. It's nice to get a free Heart Container when you beat a boss or a solve a puzzle in a dungeon to get a Peice of Heart, but I would still like them in the overworld because it gives you something to do after you beat the storyline. After putting 10 extra hours of gameplay to find those peices, you can show off to your friends and you can explore the land for Peices of Heart.

Majoras mask

Creepy purple guy!
yeah, i think so too but also i hate backtracking dungeons (especially in TP) and another thing, if there are heart pieces in dungeons there are less on the field and therefore there's not as much to explore... i'd rather explore the field tbh.

For the most part, I love Heart Pieces being in dungeons. They're a little thing that adds so much more to the dungeon, and allows it to be expanded more and explored more without it seeming like a pain. I think the system they have now, or at least in Twilight Princess, is working perfectly. Two Heart Pieces per dungeon, with the rest in the overworld.

As long as they don't botch chests like they did in the Goron Mines in Twilight Princess with the need to backtrack, I'm fine with them being there.

I hate traveling and searching through gigantic fields anyway =D

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I honestly never thought anything about it until I played the other 3D games (Twilight Princess was my first) so I was suprised when I didn't find any heart pieces in a single dungeon throughout Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker. I think it adds to the dungeons to have Heart Pieces in them, because in Twilight Princess, if you missed some in the dungeons, you'd have to return later if you wanted to do a 100% run.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I would rather have the heart pieces lurking at the bottom of some creepy cavern or another optional mini-dungeon.
But I never had a problem with it in TP.. I found 'em all anywho. :P

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I actually really like Pieces of Heart being in dungeons. A lot of people complained about it in Twilight Princess, but there were also 2 in just about all of them (if not all), and we had to go back and get them pretty much right before the boss if we wanted to get them before we beat the dungeons. If it were done to where they were able to be found along the way, then there would probably be no complaining. Putting them in the dungeons also allows the players to break off from the puzzle-miniboss-puzzle-boss style to where they're trying to find something that isn't necessary to get, which gives a slight breath of fresh air.. I'm not saying it's necessary to the dungeons, I'm just saying it adds an extra element to them and, quite honestly, makes the dungeons a bit more fun. When they're all out in the overworld, they have to be hidden in ways that can be a bit frustrating to locate and also forces more to be hidden in it. However, Skyward Sword's overworld will be like a dungeon in of itself, so I really don't think any of the stuff I just said will necessarily come into play. I'm just saying it does make the overworld a bit crowded with them. That's just my opinion, though. (I still do think at least some of the dungeons in Skyward Sword should have Pieces of Heart, though.)

green goron

Best of the Gorons
I am fine with them being in dungeons but I want to be able to get it the first time visiting because it's annoying to go back to a dungeon for a heart piece.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Doesn't truly matter to me as heart pieces are heart pieces - completely optional but still easy to get if you choose to chase after 'em. Actually, I didn't notice that HPs were only in the overworld when playing OoT/TWW, to be honest.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
FABULOUS

No really, it is!

I mean, why not? Many recent zelda games had Heart Pieces in their dungeons. My thoughts on this are positive! Finding those little guys are nice and rewarding sometimes. I would never thing of sending my Beetle up to the top. You have to have mad skillz or know the layout to think there's a switch up there!

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
FABULOUS

No really, it is!

I mean, why not? Many recent zelda games had Heart Pieces in their dungeons. My thoughts on this are positive! Finding those little guys are nice and rewarding sometimes. I would never thing of sending my Beetle up to the top. You have to have mad skillz or know the layout to think there's a switch up there!

Haha, when is saw that room for the first time, my first thought was, "Wonder what's up there? Ima fly my beetle and see."

Maybe I'm amazing at Zelda like that? :D

I enjoy the added exploration element to encourage players to go off the beaten path in dungeons. Heart pieces are a great reward, but Skyward Sword will be introducing a new reward scheme through treasure chests, if I remember correctly from interviews with Nintendo. Along with heartpieces, I'd also like to see rewards in dungeon treasure chests, as mentioned in the interviews, with which to improve my weapons and tools, and not just my health. Zelda has been adopting RPG elements slowly for years, and an item progression/forgery system would be quite the welcome addition to really immerse the player more deeply into the gameplay and world of Skyward Sword and to bring the series full circle as the ultimate Zelda game, as such features existed in Zelda since A Link to the Past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom