• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What are your most memorable video game ending(s)?

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Endings can often play a major role in what ends up being our lasting impression of a game, as much as the bulk of the main game itself can. If an ending is bad, it can certainly leave less of a positive impression once everything's done. And the same is true of good endings for video games.

Of the games you've played, which have the most memorable endings? Which endings have stuck with you for months, years, and even decades after you've finished the games they come from?

For me, the ending of Ghost of Tsushima comes to mind. The music only heightens the emotional intensity of the moment. It feels like a pretty much perfect conclusion to a great story, given everything that happens in the game.

Trails in the Sky SC is another one. The proper conclusion to Joshua and Estelle's story, everything comes together so well. And the credits song is perfect too.

Also, the ending of WW. For a bright, mostly light-hearted experience, Wind Waker really hits hard by having Link stab Ganon through the head to end it all. It was certainly surprising to my 13 year old self when I first played it. Ocarina did something similar too, but WW just hits different for me, along with the cutscenes that happen both before and after the final battle.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Maybe the funniest ending I've seen was the final credits of Double Dragon Neon. The final battle is in space, and when you defeat Skullmageddon he falls back to Earth. As he's falling down the credits play, and he sings this entire song about how you defeated him. It's absolutely hilarious, and sometimes I listen to it just for kicks.
https://youtu.be/PLNlF1QQrrM

MW7

I generally complain about the stories in Zelda games, but I still really liked the ending of Skyward Sword, especially how you see what Zelda was doing throughout the course of the game during the credits.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
skyward sword
the whole of the falling action and resolution, really
it's sweet

the final boss of sekiro will live in my head rent free for the rest of my life
PSMD is incredibly corny throughout the climax but the falling action is really cute and the twist hits like an airplane

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom