• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are Your Life Goals?

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Title says all!

My goal is to either a) become a librarian in a small suburban town, b) get married and work only part-time (perhaps as a librarian...) so I can be home to cook and clean house or c) become a stay at home mom who home schools her children. Or maybe all three.

Anyway, what are the life goals of you all?

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Well, I always wanted to create my own Anime series. Sounds super awesome. I know it's silly, but it's my life goal. Or I also want to be a Voice Actress. looks fun, but challenging. I also want to get married if there's anyone out there who love me for me. Settle down, have kids, and have my own Anime show or be a Voice Actress. These are my life goals.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I wish I were a girl so I could share your life goals. Man, it sounds tough and easy at the same time.

My own life goals, like what I want to be when I'm all said and done with college and the works, are as follows:

- I want to amass enough wealth to support myself and my family, and a surplus at that so when I'm dead, I'll pass on my remaining wealth to my immediate family and poor people world-wide.
- I want to have a job within the realm of engineering.
- I want to be a tutor for tactfulness.
- I want to marry someone who I'll spend the rest of my life with.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
I want do something important. Something that matters. Not necessarily something I'll be remembered for. I couldn't care less if my name went down in the history textbooks. I just want to do something important. Something that makes somebody stop, and think about their life. Essentially, I want to change the world, be it globally or for just one person. I don't how I'm going to do it, but that's never really stopped me with anything before.

On a smaller and (slightly) more realistic scale, I'd like to successfully graduate from university and move to either Toronto or London, live in a tiny flat filled with books, and become a writer- I want to publish this fantasy novel I've been slacking on for ages-or a director, even if it's just for a short indie film. It doesn't have to win Oscars, (although that'd be really sweet) but I still want to make one, because even if I don't make it big in Hollywood, at least I know that I've achieved my dreams somehow, even if it's in a tiny way. If both of those fail, then I might open a bookstore myself. I have this little image in my head of a tiny, dimly lit bookstore, filled to the ceiling with shelves and shelves of old books, stacked all over the place. Shiny new ones, old ones with tattered covers and the like. Corners where you can take a book and just read it. That sort of thing.

Oh yeah, and I guess get married and stuff too, but that's not really at the top of the list for me. I'm not gonna walk around just waiting to get married or hoping that it'll happen. I'm not going to go looking for it. I'm just going to let life take control of that little thing, and see what happens.

I honestly have no idea how my life's going to turn out, but I'm trying to make it the best it can be with what I have. I've got my plan, but I think we all know nothing ever really goes according to plan and I could end up as a lawyer or an astronaut or a designer.

Whatever life throws my way, I'll do my best to make the most out of it.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Live past 56

I got it in my head about 4 years ago that at some point during my thirties I will be diagnosed with something... Bad. Whether it be diabetes or cancer or some new disease they are forced to name after me I don't know but the thought got into my head that I would be diagnosed with something in my thirties and be dead by age 56.
It's totally irrational, I know, but I can't get that thought out of my head so if I make it past 56 then I will be pleased.

Write a book

This is one of those pipe dream kind of goals that seem unrealistic but with some actual effort is fairly reasonable. Just got to find the motivation to write a full length novel. Oh and have an idea and get it planned out and improve my writing style to publishable quality. All perfectly attainable targets like, they just require that effort I don't put into such endeavours.

Travel across the US and Europe

I'm one of those people who wouldn't go to Orlando and then say "I've been to America," I would say "I've been to Orlando." If I ever went to the US, I'd have to spend a few months going from one coast to the other, hitting as many destinations along the way as possible or I wouldn't feel, I dunno, satisfied I guess. The same goes for Europe, I couldn't just go to Paris, I'd have to spend a couple of weeks going all over France and then Spain and Italy and Germany and Holland and Sweden and so forth. Doubt either of those goals will ever be fully realised but here's hoping.

Maybe if I become a millionaire off my book... As long as I'm not dead first...

-I want my band to "make it"
-Get married and have kids (duh)

That's literally it. I would die happy if either one of those wishes came true.

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
My life goals are the following:

1.) Pay off my student loans- Because having loans in general is yucky. In addition, I'd like to start my life "debt free" :3 .

2.) Become a voice actress- When I was in high school, I didn't know what I wanted to be. But, when I came across voice acting towards the end of my senior year, it seemed like the perfect job for me. Who wouldn't want a job based off of the stuff they've enjoyed for years?

3.) Settle into a nice house

4.) Be happy and stress free

5.) Go to an E3 & Comic Con show!

6.) Travel to a lot of places (California and New York are my top 2.)

Manolito Mystiq

Innovative Artist
My life goals are:

1. To create a new music genre/style. To revolutionize it. This is a rather very ambitious goal, but I’m working on it. My voice is pretty unique, quite like Adam Lopez’s (with a solid whistle register), having Queensrÿche, Dream Theater, adn Queen, as inspiration, having studied Flamenco Guitar at the Rotterdam Conservatory, but also really liking the more 90s film music like Danny Elfman’s Batman and Batman Returns scores, grown up with New Age / synthesizer/electro stuff like Jean Michel Jarre, Vangelis, Kraftwerk, and the like.

Well. Depending how I feel after this birth with my child, I would love to live up north and have my own German bakery selling a lot of sweets and bread. Idk why but i feel like I was made to do this.

vengenz

Sheikah Warrior
Life Goals:

- Be an Orthodontist
- Publish my fiction book
- Move to San Diego, CA (in 2 years happening already!, :D)
- Finish college
- Get married...later
- and see my favorite bands live before I die.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Aw.... all you young people who still have dreams are so cute! Let us hope yours are not dashed by the world or your own phisiology...

Right now, I think my main goal might be "Get through life without it ending in suicide." - Seriously! Yeah, it's sad, but it's a realistic goal for me. Maybe.

I've been trying to get creative work / fantasy writing published for years. I'm still trying. Got some work out being reviewed by someone. I think if that doesn't work, I probably will go the self-E-publishing route just to get something of mine out there.

I've had a dream of late to perhaps, one day, if I ever get any kind of living off creative endeavors, to get a house somewhere in the country (no people around for a few acres), a place where I can have my own garden and raise chickens... Yes, I kind of want to go a little "hillbilly." I like the idea of being self-sustaining, which is why my dream-yard will probably have solar panels or a wind turbine, too.

prince rallis

I'm a huge metal fan.
My goal in life is to become a "Lets Player", I would need $100 to do that though. I would also like to meet an awesome lets player (chuggaaconroy Clement Captainsparklez etc.)
And last I would like to become a member of the BrainScratch Crew.Well those are my goals the first one seems most likely to happen.

My goal in life is to become a "Lets Player", I would need $100 to do that though. I would also like to meet an awesome lets player (chuggaaconroy Clement Captainsparklez etc.)
And last I would like to become a member of the BrainScratch Crew.Well those are my goals the first one seems most likely to happen.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Although I could make a post going on and on detailing about my goals pertaining to my future career, romance, lifestyle, ect, I decided that I would mention the one life goal I've had for a while now. I want to achieve this goal so bad it hurts. I've had this goal for a few years now, and it's about time I reveal it. My goal would be the following:

*Inspire a single person and turn their negative life into a positive one

In short, my goal is to be a role model. No, not a site role model (Hylian Knight); a role model that someone, someday, will look up to me and say "I wanna be her". My goal is for someone out there to look at me and be inspired by my positive actions. My goal is for someone to, after looking up to me, make right from wrong. I want to make someone smile when their down; I want to turn that frown upside down! If someone falls, my goal is to be there to help them up, so hopefully one day they'll do the same something for someone else who has fallen. My goal is to set positive and encouraging examples for others to follow.

My life goal is to turn, even if it's just a single person's life, negative into something positive, radiant, and brilliant.

Garo

Boy Wonder
I'm a bit weird in that I feel the need to separate my goals into two distinct categories: realistic, and wishful thinking. Only the former set are things I actually have any hope of achieving; but that's not going to stop me from trying to achieve the latter set. We'll start with that one, since it's a lot more fun.

Wishful Thinking:
1. Win an Academy Award. Hahahahahahahahahaha that's not happening.
2. Write or direct a film that received a wide release, and hopefully, positive critical reception.
3. Work with one of my idols, a list that is far too expansive - at the moment, I would most like to work with Scott Snyder, though David Fincher and Wes Anderson are close seconds.
4. Work at Pixar.

Realistic Goal:
1. Have at least one person that I do not know reach out to me and tell me that something I wrote or directed touched them. This is probably the goal of most artists, but I want the things I create to have a profound impact on at least one person. While I'd love if more than one person would tell me that, all I need is for a single person to tell me in order for me to feel like I have spent my life doing the right thing.

Only one realistic goal, so that I might feel fulfilled, but four wishful ones so I always have something to work toward. It's going to be a fun ride.

Also, wanted to address one thing:

I got it in my head about 4 years ago that at some point during my thirties I will be diagnosed with something... Bad. Whether it be diabetes

As a type I diabetic for several years now, I can tell you with absolute assurance that it isn't bad at all. I mean sure, it's a bit annoying to manage at times, but it's perfectly treatable and survivable. :)

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Career wise I have 3 different careers I'd love to pursuit, First one (my dream) would be a fighter pilot and eventually astronaut like Buzz Aldrin, Second one is a psychologist and last one would be a massage therapist with my own private company that only accepts female clients between the ages 18-30 (lol). :cool:

Romance wise I'd like to have a girl in my life that can make me feel happy during my most frustrated/angry/sad/depressed moments in life, somebody that I can trust and count on. <3

Legacy wise I'd like to be known as the guy who discovered the equation for FTL travel (Faster Than Light) and took the first interstellar flight, being part of the human crew that took the first steps on extraterrestrial grounds. :kawaii:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom