• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What Are Your Hopes for Zelda Wii U?

A list of things large and small:

A decent villain who is interesting in the least
More stealth missions
No gimmick items
Unique dungeons that are more complicated than just finding keys and rooms
Dating sim elements
Selection of outfits (simple palette swaps are acceptable)
NO MORE MARY SUES
Either Zelda is fixed or is kept in the background
Skippable cutscenes
A more colorful and humorous main cast
A gamebreaker that effects the plot of future games

Kybyrian

"High ones" is the first thing I would say.

But that's obviously vague.

I guess what I'm hoping for is a proper presentation of an open world. Not that I don't have confidence in Nintendo, but I hope that the open world concept isn't something they thought up on the spot as, "Oh, people like open worlds, let's throw a giant world in there with nothing to do!" I hope the world actually has part of what makes an open world game fun, and that Nintendo just isn't trying to reach out to more people by adding a concept that gamers typically love. They'll have to work to make an open world do good for the game, and I guess my biggest hope is that they do and we'll love the hell out of it.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Something I think would be interesting but never expect to happen...giving the players a "Story Mode" and "Free Mode". Story mode is your traditional linear Zelda with story. Free Mode would have the story cut out, and an item shop. The store owner would be an old adventurer who knows what items are needed for each dungeon and would supply a guide for you. You can do the dungeons in any order, provided you have the appropriate items. You can also still get the dungeon item. When you find a dungeon item, the rental version is returned and/or removed from stock. Now that you own the item, you no longer need the rented version. And basically this would allow players who don't care for story or linearity to play in a way that removes them both.

- They should make a hughe overworld which also feels huge, so more forms of life, big cities, and camps of travellers or something like that, which actually move with the storyline. They should tell you little rumors about secrets which are hidden in the overworld, some very cool ones, with items or treasures that you actually can use. I would also like the Gorons and Zora's to be back again, but with their own big village and many NPC's. So what I am asking for is a bit like Xenoblade, but I wouldn't mind less sidequests but ones that are high quality, such as Majora's Mask sidequests.

- I don't want more dungeons, off course, it would be nice, but I think 8 or 9 GOOD quality dungeons is perfect, as long as they are really good. So for example Stone Tower, that was an amazing one. Or City in the Sky, I also loved that one. Just something different, but it gives you the feeling it is huge. Also with quality bosses and mini-bosses. In SS they just let the mini-bosses out, but I like them. In Majora's Mask, for example, they where mostly great, just some enemies you won't find in the overworld or somewhere else. Or Shadow Link <3 Important is that the time between dungeons is filled with many things to do, with some quests required for the storyline and many optional things.

- More cutscenes is for me ok, like in Xenoblade, but not all those long textboxes which explain too many things. More like the first Zelda's, just kee it short if it's not story-related. Maybe have a sheikah stone in one village for people who need help, but not more that that.

- And I would love some shorter loading time for entering a house etc. If the cities are going to be big, you will have to walk in quiet a lot, and if you have to wait 4-5 seconds every time I personally think that it's quiet annoying :P

Good bosses. Hard dungeons with interesting puzzles and themes. Cool items with lots of different opportunities for use. Everything else is whatever.

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
-Interesting and creative bosses
-Medium hard temples with creative puzzles and enemies
-Good storyline
-Humorous and touching cutscenes
-Good sidequests
-Stealth missions, they are always fun
-items that are usable outside the dungeon too ( not like Dominion rod)
-Good villain with good backstory ( I always love backstories)
-Good and fittig atmosphere ( I loved atmosphere in TP)

Those are my main hopes for Zelda Wii U, I'm really looking forward to this game

27ジョーカーソン

LOVE AND PEACE
-Interesting and creative bosses
-Medium hard temples with creative puzzles and enemies
-Good storyline
-Humorous and touching cutscenes
-Good sidequests
-Stealth missions, they are always fun
-items that are usable outside the dungeon too ( not like Dominion rod)
-Good villain with good backstory ( I always love backstories)
-Good and fittig atmosphere ( I loved atmosphere in TP)

Those are my main hopes for Zelda Wii U, I'm really looking forward to this game

^^^ that's whats up

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
Just some ideas:
  • Continuation of Boss Rush and Hero Mode
  • Zelda herself is more than just a kidnapped princess
  • Ability to load and play dungeons at will after you've beaten them
  • More than 3 save slots (hopefully 10-20)
  • Tutorials and handholding optional - learning through guided discovery is the best way.
  • 25 hr. main adventure full of variety > 50 hr. main adventure full of padding
  • Mostly new items found in dungeons (while classic items like bow and arrow/bombs are found in the overworld)

Salem

SICK
Something I think would be interesting but never expect to happen...giving the players a "Story Mode" and "Free Mode". Story mode is your traditional linear Zelda with story. Free Mode would have the story cut out, and an item shop. The store owner would be an old adventurer who knows what items are needed for each dungeon and would supply a guide for you. You can do the dungeons in any order, provided you have the appropriate items. You can also still get the dungeon item. When you find a dungeon item, the rental version is returned and/or removed from stock. Now that you own the item, you no longer need the rented version. And basically this would allow players who don't care for story or linearity to play in a way that removes them both.
Actually you know what? This idea makes so much sense, it's a good compromise for people who want either kind of Zelda.

The free mode actually reminds me of something that happens in other games.

The big thing I want is for the game to be more like a real rpg. I feel like SS was what someone would make if they didn't quite know what an rpg was. It had elements, but not really. I love Zelda games, but what I like about rpgs is that there's more to do: to explore, to enhance, to get. It makes the rewards feel rewarding. The large map and the snippets I saw in SS give me hope that this could be a good Zelda rpg.

D

Deleted member 14134

More hand holding. Goddess know there wasn't enough of that in Skyward Sword.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom