• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What are your favorite and least favorite locations in game?

I've been wondering what everyones most favorite and least favorite areas in BotW are?

As for me, My favorite areas would have to be the Lost Woods for the theme, and Lurelin Village, because "ocean breeze.

Least favorite areas are Hebara and Lanayru Mountains because I hate the cold.

My favorite areas are Zora's Domain, Great Plateau, Rowan Plain and Lurelin Village (because it looks a little like Outset Island).

Least favourites are Death Mountain, I really didn't like the Gorons in BotW and the fireproof armour you need to wear looks fairly lame.

I also don't like Hebra because the visibility can be so low that it robs the game of its majesty.

MW7

Hebra was my favorite because it felt so remote. I had fun exploring it because there are a lot of things that are hidden until you are right on top of them. I liked Akkala a lot too. You don't even realize that there's a huge area beyond the tower until you get there and building the town was rewarding.

My least favorite location was the desert. I didn't like how it's one of the harder places to prepare for environmental damage until you're already there, I don't like how the map can totally disappear in certain areas, and having to constantly change clothes to enter the city became annoying to me. A close second for least favorite was the part of Faron with the rainforest and cliffs. Early on my first playthrough I basically got stuck because of rain and had to wait over and over for rain to stop to travel anywhere without warping.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
My favorite places in BotW are the Akkala region, Zora's Domain, Hyrule Field, and the Lanayru areas (Lanayru gates, Great Spring, mountains nearby, wetlands, etc.)

My least favorite areas were the deeper parts of Hebra because of how barren they were and the Faron region, because it almost never stops raining, making climbing nearly impossible without the help of Ravioli's Gale.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I love Rito Village so much. It's the definition of 'cosy'.

Hyrule Castle is dope as well, best dungeon in a game ever.

The whole Akkala region is gold.

I also love the Great Plateau for being a great tutorial area.

Least favorite is probably the gerudo plateau, I think Hebra is the better 'snowy' part of the map.

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
my favorite location is zora’s domain and the surrounding area, it’s absolutely gorgeous and I found it enjoyable to explore the area.

least favorite is hebra/any of the snowy areas in the game. the music in the snowy regions is dreadful, and it’s just kind of empty and boring imo

The Bread Pirate

Youtuber/Student/Christian
I love the Great Plateau and the Necluda Region. Both of them have an atmosphere I love playing in.

Least favorite are the shrines and divine beasts. I was not a fan of the Ancient-Futeristic-Technology-Vibe.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
Akkala is my favorite. Gerudo (not the desert, the mountains) have little to nothing and are very boring.

Least favorite: Hebra region, you can't see nothing there (that is the point, but I don't really like it).

Favortie: Akkala Citadel, when I get there the first time was amazing!! It's a shame that we cannot see it in full glory but just to imagine it in the past is awsome, it is not just a tower but it was suppose to have a whole town inside, that simple idea is super cool to me.

Feels like I've answered this before, but...

I dislike Hebra, mostly due to the almost permanent poor visibility. Also, the reduced movement speed if you don't have the right boots. Also not a fan of Death Mountain because I miss the trees and grass and wind. Lastly, I dislike Faron due to the constant rain.

I love Lurelin Village for the easy swimming and coastal vibe. I also really like Central Hyrule in general. I suppose you could call it my preferred biome. I also love tilting at Guardians, and I engage them from horseback every chance I get. I adore the creepy trees in The Lost Woods, as well as both the mysterious theme and the forest haven theme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom