• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are Your Christmas Plans?

Dan

So everyone, what are your plans for the Christmas season?
XantheChristmas_2412053b.jpg

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Well, my parents are giving me the choice between random presents or $100 toward my Wii U fund. Not sure how I feel about Christmas without presents under the tree, so I'm not sure what's happening. As far travelling... nothing really. Most of my relatives live in Canada, so I'm not seeing them for the holidays. My family will probably just stay at home as usual.

Well, every year on Christmas Eve my family holds a special dinner with 12 varied servings to symbolize the 12 apostles as is the tradition in our heritage. I'm not sure if my aunt and uncle will visit us as they sometimes do. Unpacking Christmas presents then follows. Not sure what gifts to get others in my family. I'm probably asking for some Wii U games but that could change. Then everyone goes to midnight mass and we have a great time singing Christmas carols. Then I'll spend some quality time with my family, friends, and Internet friends. It truly is a splendid time of year.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
This will be the first Christmas I spend at home for over a decade. While I was growing up everyone in the family used to come to our house in the afternoon and stay until the early hours or even straight through Boxing Day. But after my cousin was born we ended up spending Christmas wherever my Aunt lived (she moves around a lot). However, that Aunt is spending Christmas in Middlesbrough with her husband's family so we're having Christmas at home for the first time in 11 years.

I never really get excited for Christmas because, to be honest, spending time with my family is something I generally try to avoid as much as possible but spending it back here at home with lots of people coming round again could prove to be a more jolly and enjoyable affair than it usually is. I'm going to set my Wii U up in the living room so we can all have some fun on Nintendo Land. My brother will most likely then set up his Kinect and I might actually be able to have a wonderful conversation in which I explain why the Kinect is terrible and do a live demonstration of its failings. Wouldn't that be lovely?

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Spend time with family and friends and the such.

Oh and since I'm in college now, if I get invited to something I don't want to go to Christmas related I'm going to claim to be Jewish. Has worked well so far :donttell:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Well, in my family we have a sort of tradition for Christmas. On Christmas Eve, we first put up our own stockings in our own home, and then we go to my grandmother's home and put up stockings there too. Well, that's what we used to do, but this past year my grandmother moved in with my mom's sister, so we're going to be doing that there from now on.

On Christmas Day, we always wait until everyone wakes up and eats breakfast before we open presents. The whole time, Christmas music is playing. We always start with the stockings and then move on to the presents under the tree. Around 2 in the afternoon, anybody in our family that can make it comes over for more presents, as well as Christmas dinner.

That's how we always spend Christmas, so this year will likely not be any different. These are my family's traditional Christmas plans.

bunny

birb overlord
Usually my family goes over to my grandma's house on Christmas Eve for breakfast. She always makes a ton of food. Scrambled eggs, bacon, some sorta casserole, coffee cake, and monkey bread is what she'll normally make. Then we all sit in her living room and open presents. After that, we just... Go home. o_o

Besides that, I know we're going to meet my mom's side of the family at Golden Corral sometime in the middle of December. (Yummy, yummy, yummy! =D) Then I think we're going over to her house to hang out for awhile. We'll exchange gifts there and then probably be on our way like usual.

As for Christmas Day, my family and I stay home. I don't think we've ever gone to anyone else's house for Christmas. When I was younger, I would wake everyone up at 5 AM, but as I entered my teenage years, I became the one being woken up. My parents get everyone up at about 7 AM, and my mom makes scrambled eggs and cinnamon rolls. After we all eat, my dad gets the fireplace going and we open presents together. Then at dinnertime we all sit together at the table and eat whatever my mom makes. This year we're having turkey. After that my dad reads from "The Message" and we have prayer together. That's pretty much all we do.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Nothing special. I'll stay at home and my brother comes over to visit me and spend Christmas with me. Maybe my friend will come over too. So nothing spectacular or specia. I'm going to serach for some great movies we can watch and maybe I'll going to get myself a Whovian Christmas :D

ILU

i luv u
My family tends to stick to homeland traditions when we're all together. It's not looking like we can get together this holiday season though. We made secondary plans to go to Medieval Times so I could dress up like a fairytale (snow) princess, but it doesn't look like there will be enough money for that. I think this year will be small.... probably just pick one feast and get a few gifts.

Just a quiet Christmas this year, but I don't mind as long as it's warm and cozy inside. ^_^

I shall be spending my Christmas alone with my boyfriend Christopher. I guarantee he will insist we watch his old cowboy movies. It's not a spectacular event but nevertheless it's one of my favorite times of the year. Hatred and dislike of others tends to be lower, I enjoy that aplenty. I honestly don't seem to have a jam packed Christmas but I like it that way.

Claire

The Geekette
I kind of hope this year is more relaxed than most because after the semester I've had.. I need a break.

My boyfriend and I attend the family Christmas parties on each side of the family and on Christmas day we'll go from one home to the other giving and receiving gifts. There is always a meal before, during, and after Christmas with the family, so the festivities kind of live on for a while. We're hoping to have enough time to go up and maybe spend a week with some friends that we haven't seen in what feels like ages. I'm hoping time doesn't fly too quickly, I still need to make and buy gifts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom