• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are You Planning On/actually Doing with Your Life?

I'm not sure exactly what I want to do, but I'm in school for programming now, and I'm teaching myself 3d-art.

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
Will be done with my bachelors degree in end-user support in May, would love to become something related to supporting computer end users whether its at a help desk environment in a college or an IT support department within a company..I know that i don't really want to work in a IT call center but if thats what it comes to for me to make some money then so be it. I just know i like helping people out especially with there computer issues. basically to put it in simple terms, i want to be the "IT guy" :P other than that i'm not sure if i'm gonna move out of NY state, Move in with my partner, or go move in with my brother down in Florida.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Throw it away, how is that? :P :lol: Haha. No, really now, peeps tell me I should pursue a writing career, I think not. Maybe trucking or perhaps get married and have children, raise them, live life as it comes, etc. Only time will tell, for now, I want to graduate and perhaps do a little trucking afterward.

P

princess_zelda

Oh man, reading this thread made me feel so boring. Everyone has such cool aspirations and goals, some of them aren't super common either, very cool.

Education wise, I'm starting an ECE (Early Childhood Education) program in Septemeber, then after getting my diploma from that in two years, I hope to go on and complete a Bachelors of Education. My dream job is to become a kindergarten teacher, I think children are fun, funny, and interesting especially at that age and stage of development. I've always been one who likes to work with people, coaching, teaching, ect. So I think and hope this job will be perfect for me.

As for personal life like marriage and children, I've always dreamed of being married and having children. It's definitely something I want to do. We'll see what happens with time, there's so many people and opportunities out there, so really anything could happen. : )

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Hm..

That's a really tough question, actually.

Career

For a career, I would like something scientific, whether that be researcher, or a practical job in medicine.

For instance, a neurologist. I'm fascinated by the human brain. It's so complex and so many things happen that are almost impossible to replicate with current technology!

Another scientific career which is my alternative would be virologist, researching pathogenic bacteria and cures for diseases. It would be my life achievement to discover a cure for something, even if it's only something small. :)
~~~

In non scientific careers, a politician or journalist may be a good career for me. I'm quite knowledgable when it comes to political matters and world affairs, but there are a few things that I can't wrap my head around, like the banks and the FED. (that's another story that involves conspiracies...etc)

And my final, or fallback career could be a general or photographic journalist. Journalism is an extra class i'm taking at school, and a feature article of mine was published in the local newspaper, which i'm quite proud of. But writing for a paper full time, whether for features or regular stories would be amazing.
~~~

Family

Family wise, i'd like to go for something that will make me and my partner happy. I would like to have a child at some point, possibly two, to carry on the family tree and legacy, even though it's a very boring one. xD
I would like to keep a family that will stay together, not one that's falling apart at the seems. If they're happy, i'm happy.

Financial Aspects

Everyone's dream is to be rich, but money isnt everything. Happiness will always be worth more in the long run. As long as I can keep on top of the bills and have a roof over my head, be able to afford food and basic necessities, that's all i'll ever need.
Any extra would be a nice perk, but saving a little every week until it builds up is always more fufilling.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Right now I am in the process of taking a stand against my clinical depression, bipolar disorder, ADD, and some mysterious learning disability that no one can figure out. Enough is enough, you know? Stop hindering me, brain, you hear that? I see your challenge and raise you a successful life!

I had been studying 3D Modelling and Level Design in college a few years ago, but I had to drop out because things got real bad with my mental issues, and I just couldn't do it anymore. I plan to go back next year once I feel I'm stable enough to survive in the real world.

As for right right now, I'm working with a web developer on building a website that will be generating me a nice amount of money if things go just as planned

I'm also working with an indie game development team on a very large expansion for the game The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. We've been working on it for about five years now, and it's just about ready for release. It's almost like we've been making a full fledged game. Which isn't much of a stretch if you consider the amount of content we've added, however.

Lastly, I just returned to my position as a Super Moderator here at Zelda Dungeon.

Vincent = Busy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom