• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What are you most looking forward to in BotW?

Given that negativity is so easy to find on the internet, I thought I'd start a thread for people to post things that they're excited about for the coming installment in the Legend of Zelda series. Here's what I'm most excited for:
  • Exploration. This one may be a bit obvious, but I am so excited to discover visual wonders, both "natural" (mountains, canyons, lakes, rivers, oceans, forests, etc.) and man-made (cities and towns, all of the many ruins, dungeons, etc). While many people are worried about the open world being empty, Game Informer's assertion that during their extended play session there was always something to do is very encouraging.
  • Combat. Given all we've heard about this installment's combat being much harder than any 3d Zelda to date, I'm looking forward to the added difficulty. It'll be fun to discover all the different weapon types, with their different attack animations and different strengths, weaknesses, counters, etc.
  • Story. I'm a sucker for a great story in video games, and I love that this game combines a rich story with the freedom to discover it at your own pace. I look forward to the challenge of getting the complete story, and I believe it will indeed be a challenge given how much emphasis Aonuma places on the fact that parts of the story can potentially be missed.
  • Immersion. I want to become a part of this world, and I think things like taming and registering horses, hunting, gathering, and cooking food to survive, and setting my own exploration path will make that immersion very easy. I really hope that there's a town near the sea, because if there is, I'm going to make it my "home". By that I mean I'm going to start each quest or journey there, stocking up before I go and saving there before I stop playing so that I'll start there when I start up the game again.

I can't wait to read what you all are excited about! And thank you to those of you who have welcomed me to the forums, as I am new here.

D

Deleted member 14134

One of the things I love about games like Skyrim and Fallout is having a huge open world filled with things to discover. I'm definitely looking forward to exploring the world and discovering all the shrines puzzles and secrets and learning about the story along the way.

My favourite weapon of the 3D games is the bow, so I really want to see how it's used in shrines/dungeons and how well it works.

Exploring and finding the prettiest views and surroundings.

I'm looking forward to the story and eager to know how it's going to work with full roam game.

And I want to find Epona as soon as possible.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
  • Exploration. This one may be a bit obvious, but I am so excited to discover visual wonders, both "natural" (mountains, canyons, lakes, rivers, oceans, forests, etc.) and man-made (cities and towns, all of the many ruins, dungeons, etc). While many people are worried about the open world being empty, Game Informer's assertion that during their extended play session there was always something to do is very encouraging.
  • Combat. Given all we've heard about this installment's combat being much harder than any 3d Zelda to date, I'm looking forward to the added difficulty. It'll be fun to discover all the different weapon types, with their different attack animations and different strengths, weaknesses, counters, etc.
  • Story. I'm a sucker for a great story in video games, and I love that this game combines a rich story with the freedom to discover it at your own pace. I look forward to the challenge of getting the complete story, and I believe it will indeed be a challenge given how much emphasis Aonuma places on the fact that parts of the story can potentially be missed.
  • Immersion. I want to become a part of this world, and I think things like taming and registering horses, hunting, gathering, and cooking food to survive, and setting my own exploration path will make that immersion very easy. I really hope that there's a town near the sea, because if there is, I'm going to make it my "home". By that I mean I'm going to start each quest or journey there, stocking up before I go and saving there before I stop playing so that I'll start there when I start up the game again.I can't wait to read what you all are excited about! And thank you to those of you who have welcomed me to the forums, as I am new here.
This is like, exactly what I would put. I'll add one more thing, though: the characters and how you interact with them. I can't wait to meet them and hang out with them and hopefully go on adventures with them. Zelda usually has good characters so I can't wait to see what they're all about. But my god, I REALLY hope we can invite them along on adventures at will. PLEASE Nintendo.

This is like, exactly what I would put. I'll add one more thing, though: the characters and how you interact with them. I can't wait to meet them and hang out with them and hopefully go on adventures with them. Zelda usually has good characters so I can't wait to see what they're all about. But my god, I REALLY hope we can invite them along on adventures at will. PLEASE Nintendo.
Of course! I can't believe I forgot to write about the characters throughout the world. I love the idea that they are part of the world, and might be able to join you on quests.
17 more days!!

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I just really want to do a new Zelda dungeon and fight a boss.

Scribear

Your Best Friend (rupee free)
I am looking forward to:

1. Finding out where the Timeline fits. Like, how are we going to find out EXACTLY? I am sure people will find out before me as they can dedicate more time to playing...so there is that. But I am excited to find out for myself as well. But either way, I am excited to find it's place in this crazy world. Whether it is Downfall, Child, Adult, remake(rip Vita), or convergence, I am looking forward to finding out.
  2. To collecting! I am a collector myself, it is part of my personality to collect things. So the fact that I can collect so many things IN A ZELDA GAME, excites me. I will spend a good time collecting things on the Great Plateau for sure. Food/plants. Supplies. Weapons. Anything I can get. So I am excited to be able to collect, store, stash, hoard, whatever - till my slots are filled.
  3. Jumping.
  4. Open world. I'm not really into open world games. (Don't worry, I do not call myself a "Gamer") About to get some slack I am sure....but I bought Witcher 3 and played it for 2 hours and returned it because I just didn't like it. I am a huge LOTR fan so I played LOTRO. But other than that I just don't have much experience with open world games. So I think an open world Zelda will be very eye opening for me and I might start liking them more since I am a huge Zelda fan. So looking forward to open world play.
  5. Being on ZDi Forums while playing BotW! I have been on other forums but not for Zelda. Not for a game I am excited to play and to see how others play and hear their (your) experiences and then maybe try to experience them too. And to share mine because we are all different and I feel like this new Zelda will allow for those difference experiences. Which is awesome.
  6. And lastly, just playing another Zelda game. I love them all. Fanboy. So just really excited to play another Zelda, a new Zelda. Yep.

Going straight to Ganon and seeing what happens will be the first thing I do.
Dungeons. I hope they as complex and challenging as MM.
The side content.
Hot Gerudo waifu.
Being sadistic to the horses.
The paraglider. My first priorities (after speeding through the main game) will be getting every upgrade available and seeing how far I can get on the thing with updrafts.
No pants no shirt run.

I guess the story more than anything. I want to know what goes down.

As my uncle who works at Nintendo confirms...

Link beats Ganon and saves Hyrule

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom