• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are You More Excited For, Skyward Sword or Ocarina Of Time 3D?

J

James Widdowson

This is actually quite a difficult question for myself to answer, so I'm asking all you what you think. Are you more excited for Skyward Sword or Ocarina Of Time 3D.

The reason it is hard for me to answer is this. Skyward Sword is a new game and I'm always super excited for every new Zelda game, but Ocarina Of Time 3D is a remake of my all time favourite game. I remember fondly Ocarina Of Time coming out back in 1998, and I can still remember that feeling of playing the game for the very first time. Now I'm never going to be able to recapture that feeling, but Ocarina Of Time 3D may come close to me reacpturing that feeling as it is new (although yes it is still the same game that I've already completed 31 times).

So I'm torn. At the moment I'll say I'm just as excited for both, but as time goes on I might start to get more excited for either of them.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
I'm more excited for Skyward Sword. It's will better, faster, stronger (and prettier too) and all that good stuff. There's really no reason for me to want an old game XP
I think that Nintendo has learned from all of the games up to this point and I'm looking for the best Zelda to yet.

I am very excited about the 3DS though! I can't wait to take mah 3D seldas on teh rodes.

Mamfi1908

The New Guy
Well, This post is in the Skyward Sword category, so I think that the answer is pretty obvious.
for me anyway, it would be Skyward Sword, no doubt. I played ocarina of time, it's personally the best Zelda to date, but it's old now and i don't feel like buying an all new console just so that i can play an old game, probably with better graphics, there's no more to Oot 3D than that.
Skyward Sword however, is for the Wii, one of the best consoles ever in my opinion, and from the gamplay of SS it seems clear to me that i would rather buy that than play a game i already have, only this time as a handheld. it just seems kinda stupid to me. no offense.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
To be honest I'm more exicted for OOT3D due to the fact I've already played OOT and know how good it is. However that doesn't mean I'm not exicted for Skyward Sword, because I really am.

Din Akera

Sniper
Definitely SS. I want something new and I'm ready for an original Wii zelda game (rather than the port from the GC). I want new ideas, the new story, new adventure, but most of all I want something where I don't know what is going to happen next. I'm to the point with OoT that i know what is through every door. Now, I realize there will be some changes to the game, but I have never been much of a handheld gamer. I never liek the small screen and I have a lot more trouble getting into it. So SS it is for me.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I'm more excited about Skyward Sword!! Finally a console game!! Oot 3d looks fine but it's just a remake to me. Skyward Sword is new and fresh. YAY FOR BOTH OF THEM THO!!! But I'm more pumped for Skyward Sword WOOT

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
Although I am very excited about Skyward Sword, I am equally excited for Ocarina of Time 3DS. Sure I have been looking forward for a new main console Zelda game for a while, but I also want to re live Ocarina I have alot of great memories that involve that game.

>,<, or =

Skyward Sword ( = ) Ocarina of Time 3DS

Austin

Austin
Probably Ocarina of Time 3DS. I essentially know for sure that it's going to be excellent, as I don't believe they'd tamper with anything too important and can really only add to the experience. I'm excited for Skyward Sword, I suppose, but I don't really like motion controls which this game seems to be putting an emphasis on.

Kybyrian

Currently I am more excited for Ocarina of Time 3DS. I haven't been following the Skyward Sword news much, so I don't know quite what to be so excited for yet. I may end up liking Skyward Sword more than Ocarina of Time 3DS, though. Ocarina of Time is my personal favorite game of all time, so I don't know how high those chances are. I just hope it happens. The reason I am excited for Ocarina of Time 3DS so little that I'm not going, "OMFG YES GIVE IT TO ME NOW," is because I already have Ocarina of Time and I can definitely wait for the 3DS version.

Ocarina of Time is a wonderful game, and I'm looking forward the improvements that they can make on it in this remake. They are making the entire game from scratch since it can't simply be ported, so I'm sure we can expect some changes. Possibly some sprucing up of some parts of the game. Nothing too major, though. The game will be fantastic, and I can almost guarantee you that I won't be wrong. Skyward Sword, like I said, I just don't pay much attention to. All I know thus far is about some of the few features and the motion controls. That, and there will be ugly-looking trees unless they are fixed before the release of the game.
I'm just a ton more excited for Ocarina of Time 3DS because I already know what the game is about and what to look forward to. I know that Ocarina of Time is amazing, so I'm excited for it. Skyward Sword is different because I have no idea how the game will be at this point. We'll just have to wait and see.

Hanyou

didn't build that
Let me tell you where I'm coming from: Ocarina of Time is my favorite game of all time. I never have a problem with remakes or re-releases so long as they do justice to the original game, and I have absolutely no doubt that OoT 3DS will be phenomenal.

I'm still more excited for Skyward Sword because it looks like they got console Zelda games back on the right track. I'm excited to see where the story will go, I'm excited about the art style, I'm excited about the compelling new gameplay. Will I end up liking it more than Ocarina of Time? Doubtful. As I said earlier, OoT is my all-time favorite game; in order to beat it, Skyward Sword would have to become my all-time favorite game. Does that mean it won't be good? Absolutely not. It has the potential to be fantastic. I'm waiting to see if that's squandered potential (as was the case with TP, though I actually question that game's potential in hindsight) or if they take the series as far as it can go. Either way, what we've seen thus far is very, very good--especially the art style.

I'm looking forward to both games and may even get OoT 3DS first. Just because I am more excited for Skyward Sword doesn't mean I'm indifferent to OoT 3DS. And when the two games finally do come out, I'm betting I'll still enjoy Ocarina more, once again. But Skyward Sword is a brand new adventure and I have more questions about it, so that's the one I'll be anticipating more. The lack of guarantee inherent in this new game is what has me looking forward to its release.

I remember fondly Ocarina Of Time coming out back in 1998, and I can still remember that feeling of playing the game for the very first time. Now I'm never going to be able to recapture that feeling, but Ocarina Of Time 3D may come close to me reacpturing that feeling as it is new (although yes it is still the same game that I've already completed 31 times).

My sentiments exactly, except I've only played the game 4 times (I make a special point not to overplay it). I got OoT on the day of its release, and I still remember leaving Best Buy wondering what to expect. It was so different from what I expected, but it still blew me away.

Only a good new Zelda game could fully recapture that feeling. TWW did, to some extent. Okami did (not a Zelda title, but close enough). Hopefully Skyward Sword will as well; either way, yes, playing OoT in 3D with shiny new graphics will allow me to relive a bit of the experience of playing it for the first time, and I couldn't be happier about it. ;)

Beeker

Wild Card
I'm more excited for SS. While a remake for OoT like the 3DS one is exciting, nothing excites me more than a brand new title. I love playing through a game the first time through and experiencing new things. With OoT3DS it wouldn't be that same experience for me, it would be more of nostalgia. While nostalgia is great and all, I can't wait anymore for a new adventure.(but that doesn't mean it should be rushed!;))
I'm sure both games will be great!=D

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I am so much more excited for SS! I always prefer something new, as I already have an OoT experience, so I don't think the 3D version will be that much different.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I don't know. I love the art style and feeling of the new Zelda game of Skyward Sword, but I would really like to see more and know more about it. As for Ocarina of Time, I like detail and updated look of the game, but would love to see more footage and hear of newer things added. Like maybe the dungeons that didn't make it into the final version of Ocarina of Time on N64 or some references and Easter Eggs of Skyward Sword, maybe a few new side quest here and there and that Triforce thing everyone used to talk about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom