• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are You More Excited For, Skyward Sword or Ocarina Of Time 3D?

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
Definitely SS, because it's a fresh Zelda experience. I've played through OoT many times and I don't feel like it's necessary to buy the same game with slightly updated graphics.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I'm excited for both of them, but right now I'm leaning more towards Ocarina of Time 3D.

From what I've read about Skyward Sword, it's going to be very tough because it will require a lot of dynamic reactions and quick thinking just to beat basic enemies... and those are the things I cannot do very well. I'm all freaked out over the limited movement meter, and now I'm freaked out about having to block, dodge, and hit vulnerable areas. Everything I hear about SS makes me less enthusiastic, and more inclined to anticipate frustration.

OoT3D, on the other hand, is based on a game that I already know I like. It will have enhanced graphics, new controls, and allow me to experience the game all over again. It sounds like a good deal, because it's at least one new Zelda game I'm sure to enjoy.

Be excited for an old game, being ported to a different console with the same story, same ideas, and somewhat different graphics, with no real change whatsoever except it's in 3D?

I don't think so.

David

But you called me here...
Skyward Sword for sure. I want to play a new game with a new story, new items and new characters. But don't get me wrong, I'm still super excited for OoT3D. They both will be awesome, I know it.

F

fanmail

Skyward Sword because it's all new. OOT 3D sounds incredible, but I'm looking forward to a new fresh experience, a new fresh game.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I don't know. I'm excited for both games really but I think SS would be the one that I'm really looking forward to see. Reason because it's a new game. And in new Zelda games that I haven't played yet I find it fun to play and find out things you never knew before and it's even better during those moments when you see something or read something that connects that new Zelda game you're playing with another Zelda game that you've played before. I remember experiencing that with MM, TP, and even OoT to an extent, it was fun and exciting when you discovered something that connected it to the other games you'd played before. Like with in TP where you found the Master Sword, it resembled the place where you found the MS in ALttP. I remember getting excited thinking that ALttP happens sometime after this. I also remember when I entered the door that took you back in time to when the ToT was still in one piece. I felt like how it was in OoT when entered the ToT for the first time. It was awesome.

As for OoT 3DS, I pretty much know what to expect from it. It'll be practically the same game from the N64 with 3D effects added to it. Does that mean I'm not excited for it? No, I'm excited for the game. I want to get it as much as I want to get SS, but at this point in time SS is what I'm psyched about right now.

Master

Upcoming
I'll have to say skyward sword , i already played OoT 7 times (Literally) .... but i will still buy both for the hell of it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom