• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are You Looking Forward To The Most From Skyward Sword?

Beeker

Wild Card
We've heard quite a few things about Skyward Sword already, and that some of them are shying away from the traditional Zelda formula. So, what are you most excited about?

- How the controls will work with Wii Motionplus
- The story of the Skyward/Master Sword and how it came to be
- The different formula for dungeons(instead of the normal field/dungeon/field one we've seen)
- How the game will look/feel
-Smaller but denser overworld

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
Definitely swordplay with the WiiMotion Plus. Instead of battles being hack-fests, you'll actually need to slice a certain way to defeat enemies. Also, you can swing your sword a lot faster with WiiMotion Plus.

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
I am mostly looking forward to playing the darn game!!! :)

but if I have to choose from this list..... I think I am most excited about "The story of the Skyward/Master Sword and how it came to be".

mostly the 1:1 sword play and the story. i think its awesome that we will be able to control link in a new and familiar way. i hope the enemies look better i loved the stalfos and every other enemy but the moblin or bokoblin i didnt like the look of.i am also looking forward to playing bowling with bombs.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Definetly the story, since it's going to take place before everything, I'm just excited about what it's going to reveal and stuff.

Mute

一員
I'm actually looking forward to the world. Both Hyrule and Skyloft, mainly because I really love how everything in the game looks so far. You could say that's the same as just wanting it for the graphics, but it's Zelda, I'm going to enjoy it regardless of that. Other than that, though, I really want to see and use all the newer tools, especially that beetle thing.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
I'm most looking forward to the new formula for the structure of the game. It might give a greater sense of exploration in the game, because you won't know quite what to expect. It hopefully won't be as predictable as previous games. This could result in better puzzles, and hopefully a better storyline too. The way I see it, the new game formula is probably where most of the improvement is tied into, and is also where it would most likely come from.

I'm also looking forward to the 1:1 motion sword fighting a great deal. It will be interesting to see is the sword fights are 'realistic' or more like star wars style fake sword fighting, perhaps somewhere in between. Maybe completely different from along the lines I'm thinking. As long as it's fun, I would be fine with any style of sword gameplay.

And, while I'm not looking forward to the graphics and art style as much as the new formula and 1:1 swordplay, I do like the vibe the graphics in the trailer gave off. It's bright and colorful, much like MM was, and it's cel-shaded, but it's cel-shaded realistically. Thus far I like what I see. No complaints.

From what I've seen I'm very excited about the game, despite the fact that I probably won't be able to play it right away. In my eyes it looks to be an excellent game.

T

theangelraine

I am looking forward to the game being denser. As much as I like TP it was just way too spread out for me and at times I was even bored with the game. I am hoping it will be more like MM.^^ The motion controls are also a plus too. I never got to try out whatever little TP had because I have the game for gamecube.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I'm most excited about the story. Zelda's always been such a mystery, people are always theororizing about how things came to be and why certain things are the way they are. This is the beginning of the whole series and there's so much they could possibly do with this! They could explain the origin of the master sword (which they are obviously), the beginning of towns, the Hylian Family & its crest, the different races, the wars, and even the SHEIKAHS!!! I'm so excited! Although, I'm almost equally excited for everything else the game has to offer. The graphics look stunning (Although I think the trees need SERIOUS work done to their look), the controls, items and unique dungeons. :) :) :) :) :)

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I'm most excited for the swordplay, but the story comes as a close second.

I'm excited for the swordplay because lately, fighting in the games has been so mechanical and gimmicky. Use an item to reveal a weak spot, then go crazy with random sword swings. Sometimes, you can skip the idea of a weak spot and just go crazy with random sword swings. Even in the more difficult one-on-one sword battles, you can find a certain button sequence that breaks the enemy defense, then go crazy with sword swings. Hardly refined. I'm ecstatic about being able to control the sword more precisely and actually fight with a bit of finesse.

The story also has me really enthusiastic mostly for all the theorizing potential. Hopefully we get to see some of the earliest history of Hyrule, more information on the lore of the land, some origin stories or the like. Even if not that, well, we can expect to get a rich amount of plot nevertheless, and that's all enthusiastic theorizers need to get our brains in motion. Just the idea of Skyloft itself has me tingling in anticipation, a new world being introduced means brand new elements to add to the rich universe of Zelda lore, I'm pumped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom