• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are You Expecting from Zelda in 2020?

Nintendo has made Zelda into an annual release since 2013 and they have said they want to continue the trend so we're bound to be getting something Zelda related this year.

So what do you think it'll be?

Since it's been over half a year with no BotW2 news after its initial E3 reveal, I do not feel confident in it being a 2020 release. I'm thinking it'll be 2021.

I could see Skyward Sword HD as a possibility. I'm thinking it may be revealed this year to finally have all 3D Zelda games in HD but it won't release till early next year, following a reveal and release pattern similar to Twilight Princess HD.

This is completely unsubstantiated but I'm going with a multiplayer Zelda game for this year. Nintendo likes to throw these in about halfway through the generation. Just two players this game to work well with joycons.

So what's your prediction for Zelda in 2020?

I'm thinking one of two things for 2020.

1. Breath of the Wild 2

Or

2. The Wind Waker HD & Twilight Princess HD Switch ports within nine months of each other.

Last edited:

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I think we will get the sequel to Breath of the Wild in late 2020. I'm pretty confident in that.

I can see The Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD coming to Switch, but those I think would, would be very low-key releases. Could see them announced AND released digitally the same day.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
ports, Ports, PORTS!!

REMAKES!!

AAACH DEEEE!!

Buarf ov du Wiiiildz toooooooooo!!

Six Bajillionz MOAHR AMIIBOOOOoooooooooz!!!!111e1even!!11

Actual graphixx!! (lulz nawz that'll never happen)

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I am super certain BotW2 is going to be a 2020 release. In fact, I'm certain we will get another peek at it if we get a direct this month.

Other than that, WWHD port WOULD be nice. I'm not really expecting it though. But it would be nice.

I think a Zelda Maker isn't out of the realm of possibility either as a little side game this year. Chamber Dungeon in LA, SMM2 update with Link; I think it's building up to something.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I’m with AZ on this one. I think BotW2 is gonna be a 2020 release. We actually saw two Zelda games last year, one was a remake and the other a spin-off. I don’t think Nintendo likes doing the same thing two years in a row so we’re probably not getting a new spinoff or remake. A new multiplayer is likely, but I honestly think they might just wait a year and rerelease four swords.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
A trailer and also and announcement for the delay of BoTW 2 until 2021

HD remake of an older Zelda game for Switch. Possibly WW and TP or maybe even SSHD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom