• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are You Doing Right Now?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
It's such a simple thing but having no stairs to connect floors really broke my immersion, I think they got 'haunted' confused with 'magic' and said 'good enough'.

It's nice that all the floors are different but it's so difficult to actually buy into the fantasy with the floors being different sizes on top of each other, as if every floor uses Time Lord science or something.

The order of things really feels thrown together too, like you said, magicians above a pyramid, etc.

It's really frustrating that theres no suspense on anything moment you clear a floor you get a nice lil jangly tune to commemorate the button and then it's off to the elevator, it's just an unseen threat who never appears til the end, also what the hell kind of hotel has a castle then a museum? Feel like they could've merged those levels.

About to go do the dishes since I'm a disaster of a person and waited until 5:30 am to do them.

Dishes have no concept of time so you're not a disaster to them

It's really frustrating that theres no suspense on anything moment you clear a floor you get a nice lil jangly tune to commemorate the button and then it's off to the elevator, it's just an unseen threat who never appears til the end, also what the hell kind of hotel has a castle then a museum? Feel like they could've merged those levels.

What bugs me is that most of these floors could have been whole games in their own right so every concept for every floor just feels like it has been neutered.

I would have loved a Luigi’s Castle, or Luigi's Museum, or Luigi’s Galleon, or Luigi's Hollywood Studio.

But nope.

I have no idea what they could do for a fourth game. It feels like they were told to shove every idea they had into one game.

Well, I do have one idea but that's for a blog I may or may not find the motivation to write.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
What bugs me is that most of these floors could have been whole games in their own right so every concept for every floor just feels like it has been neutered.

I would have loved a Luigi’s Castle, or Luigi's Museum, or Luigi’s Galleon, or Luigi's Hollywood Studio.

But nope.

I have no idea what they could do for a fourth game. It feels like they were told to shove every idea they had into one game.

Well, I do have one idea but that's for a blog I may or may not find the motivation to write.

It is slightly over the top, the 2nd game was like it too, each of the "mansions" were pretty solid in and of themselves but because they weren't "big" enough all 5 got crammed into one game and it felt rushed and somewhat crappy especially when missions across the board were repeats of the ones from Gloomy Mansion (or whatever the first one was called)

The 3rd one just makes it even worse, theres nothing at all tying the 15 floors together at all and plot progress seems to be few and far between and the difficulty seems to rocket between the normal ghosts and boss ones, i'm glad they decided to go unique ghosts for bosses instead of a dreary ass possessor but what the hell is with the change in in difficulty? Or rather the damage values and speed that they can happen, take the 3 magician ghosts they can deal 20-60 damage in a ridiculously short time and when you've only got 99 health and hearts are few n far between it seems patently dumb, that and Serpci who's sand head you gotta destroy but during that time contact damages you and she has a range of attacks that'll crush you it seems somewhat weird that it's like that.

Luigi's Mansion was somewhat like that with the varying difficulty but it wasn't this weird spike between no, the 4 "Boss" ghosts were just as tough as the other portrait ghosts and non unique ghosts were fairly restricted to decently tough foes.

It is slightly over the top, the 2nd game was like it too, each of the "mansions" were pretty solid in and of themselves but because they weren't "big" enough all 5 got crammed into one game and it felt rushed and somewhat crappy especially when missions across the board were repeats of the ones from Gloomy Mansion (or whatever the first one was called)

The 3rd one just makes it even worse, theres nothing at all tying the 15 floors together at all and plot progress seems to be few and far between and the difficulty seems to rocket between the normal ghosts and boss ones, i'm glad they decided to go unique ghosts for bosses instead of a dreary ass possessor but what the hell is with the change in in difficulty? Or rather the damage values and speed that they can happen, take the 3 magician ghosts they can deal 20-60 damage in a ridiculously short time and when you've only got 99 health and hearts are few n far between it seems patently dumb, that and Serpci who's sand head you gotta destroy but during that time contact damages you and she has a range of attacks that'll crush you it seems somewhat weird that it's like that.

Luigi's Mansion was somewhat like that with the varying difficulty but it wasn't this weird spike between no, the 4 "Boss" ghosts were just as tough as the other portrait ghosts and non unique ghosts were fairly restricted to decently tough foes.

The difficulty is a pain. The damage ratio seems borked. So many bosses can just wreck you. There were a few which really almost made me give up.

But it continues into the post game as well. I was looking for gems to kill the time one day and some rooms are like hoard battles and you'll be dead within seconds. One floor spammed EIGHT of those red square ghosts and it was bloody torture.

I don't hate the game but I think it has some really big weaknesses whereas the other ones weren't as frustrating or immersion breaking with theirs.

I bet you'll forgive the Polterpup missions from 2 after Polterkitty.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
The difficulty is a pain. The damage ratio seems borked. So many bosses can just wreck you. There were a few which really almost made me give up.

But it continues into the post game as well. I was looking for gems to kill the time one day and some rooms are like hoard battles and you'll be dead within seconds. One floor spammed EIGHT of those red square ghosts and it was bloody torture.

I don't hate the game but I think it has some really big weaknesses whereas the other ones weren't as frustrating or immersion breaking with theirs.

I bet you'll forgive the Polterpup missions from 2 after Polterkitty.

I used up the intial freebie bone on serpci cuz it was so BS, i've been going through collecting all the gems and boos as i play because i thought sommat like this'd happen it seems like once you've cleared a floor it doesn't stay cleared at all and will pop up maid ghosts in the halls and on some floors hordes, kinda sucks that a floor doesn't stay clear but floor 5 was an absolute crap fest had to go back for a gem with the super suction and it was a proper horde battle with a load of dancing goobs and several big red hammers, so damn stupid they think that's a method especially as none of them yielded cash.

Is it me or does cash seem to be........scarcer too? I think you need like 70k for it and i'm near the end of the game and got 45k and i've scoured every room or floor the only thing i can think of there is being forced to corner multiple ghosts and slam them constantly.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I did overall enjoy my experience with Luigi's Mansion 3, but I had never even considered the staircase thing. You guys bring up a really good point, and I'm sort of baffled that I never even thought twice about that....

Luigi's Mansion 3 wasn't as good as 1, but better than 2 to me, and the personality of the main cast was great, but still want another game more along the lines of the first rather than what we've been getting. The first game had puzzles, but the others seem more puzzle focused than the first, rather than atmosphere focused, and I think that's my main problem.

I used up the intial freebie bone on serpci cuz it was so BS, i've been going through collecting all the gems and boos as i play because i thought sommat like this'd happen it seems like once you've cleared a floor it doesn't stay cleared at all and will pop up maid ghosts in the halls and on some floors hordes, kinda sucks that a floor doesn't stay clear but floor 5 was an absolute crap fest had to go back for a gem with the super suction and it was a proper horde battle with a load of dancing goobs and several big red hammers, so damn stupid they think that's a method especially as none of them yielded cash.

Is it me or does cash seem to be........scarcer too? I think you need like 70k for it and i'm near the end of the game and got 45k and i've scoured every room or floor the only thing i can think of there is being forced to corner multiple ghosts and slam them constantly.

Cash does seem more scarce. I wasn't going out of my way for gems because I was saving them for post game, but even without most of them and not buying anything from E Gadd's shop I still didn't have much at the end.

I think a lot of it is tied to the ghost slamming, but I was able to take out a few hoards and still didn't come away with much.
I also wasn't far off the best ending when I finished.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Cash does seem more scarce. I wasn't going out of my way for gems because I was saving them for post game, but even without most of them and not buying anything from E Gadd's shop I still didn't have much at the end.

I think a lot of it is tied to the ghost slamming, but I was able to take out a few hoards and still didn't come away with much.
I also wasn't far off the best ending when I finished.

As far as i've seen cash is a one time drop but the enemies respawn which seems kinda silly ultimately, bought literally one thing from e-gadds shop at it was a utility bone

I did overall enjoy my experience with Luigi's Mansion 3, but I had never even considered the staircase thing. You guys bring up a really good point, and I'm sort of baffled that I never even thought twice about that....

Luigi's Mansion 3 wasn't as good as 1, but better than 2 to me, and the personality of the main cast was great, but still want another game more along the lines of the first rather than what we've been getting. The first game had puzzles, but the others seem more puzzle focused than the first, rather than atmosphere focused, and I think that's my main problem.

I'm quite disappointed that LM3 used LM2's art style. The Tim Burton angular style worked on the 3DS because we didn't expect much from it in the visuals department with it being a handheld (even though it's now proven that the first game looks fine on it too), but with the horsepower of the Switch I hoped they do more.

I guess the art style helps with the constant chs ge of each floor, where in a more realistic and atmospheric looking game such as the first one it may not work.

The cast and animations and obvious love put into LM3 was the best thing about it. I just wish the world they're in didn't keep taking me out of the moment.

Here's hoping for LM4 to be the best.

Chilling in my new room, digesting food and collecting myself.

Where I am now requires me to be social with a handful of people I know nothing about.

They're all nice, but I was hoping to feel relaxed.
Though it isn't all bad. I do get along with one of them quite well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom