• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are You Doing In Zelda?

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
I’ve been taking my time with my SS Switch playthrough, I just got to the Eldin Province today and had to stop. I seriously just can’t get into this game. I was hoping the improved controls would help me to be more into it, but I’m really not.

I just passed Second Quest for the first time. It's been decades so this is actually a pretty major personal milestone, haha! It's what got me on a bit of a Zelda kick, brought me to this site and now I'm catching up with the Oracle games. Good times!

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I’ve been taking my time with my SS Switch playthrough, I just got to the Eldin Province today and had to stop. I seriously just can’t get into this game. I was hoping the improved controls would help me to be more into it, but I’m really not.

I could never get into SS either...not sure why. :shrug:

I have been playing through OoT on and off in between other games. I just completed the Water Temple and obtained the fire arrows.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
So I'm in Subrosia and I walk into the home of a Subrosian who loves him some signs. He tells you how many signs you've broken and I thought for sure I remembered that if you break a hundred signs, he gives you a ring. So I head out and spend like twenty minutes busting up some signs. I counted up a hundred and went back to Mr. Sign to claim my reward. And you know what he does?
He freaking sends you back to the title screen! As soon as you push a button, it returns to the game and he gives you a sign ring but it scared the crap out of me.
This game is so good!

Last edited:

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Just charged through Tarm Ruins (contender for the best track in any 2D Zelda ost) and snatched up the Noble Sword in the woods. Guys, this sword is a game changer. Like any other sword upgrade, it is more powerful and this one even lets you shoot sword beams, but the actual best feature of the sword that makes it feel truly worth it is that it now chops through pots! These young Zelda fans throw a fit about switching to iron boots several times in OoTs water temple, you guys don't even know how often you have to switch to the power bracelet in the GB games! No longer do I have to switch and then switch back just to check the pots, now I can simply cleave through them!

I say this ought to be in a 3D Zelda game. Like you get the wooden sword during the tutorial but you're gated from several paths and opportunities by like branches, bamboo, planks, or something. It gives the sword real added utility and adds to the feeling of progression.

Finished Oracle of Ages yesterday, and it scratched my Zelda itch enough that I considered maybe taking a break before jumping into Oracle of Seasons. But I decided to at least play a bit of the beginning, and I think I might like this one even better! Wound up plowing al the way through three dungeons already!

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Finished Oracle of Ages yesterday, and it scratched my Zelda itch enough that I considered maybe taking a break before jumping into Oracle of Seasons. But I decided to at least play a bit of the beginning, and I think I might like this one even better! Wound up plowing al the way through three dungeons already!
Just finished up OoS. I'll trade you codes if you want to do the upgraded playthrough.

Just finished up OoS. I'll trade you codes if you want to do the upgraded playthrough.
Sorry, it's been a few since I've been on. But it might be moot, though; from what I understand the codes are tied to your name, so I don't know if trading them willy nilly would work. Or am I mistaken?

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Sorry, it's been a few since I've been on. But it might be moot, though; from what I understand the codes are tied to your name, so I don't know if trading them willy nilly would work. Or am I mistaken?
Yeah, if you were to start a secret game, you'd be stuck with my name in that game. But I don't think the secrets throughout the world are locked to the name. Maybe they are though and I just didn't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom