• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are You Doing In Zelda?

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I've complained before about how in the second part of Wind Waker, after you get the Master Sword, the pacing just dies. This still stands true, but I've realized that that's fine. I'm just having fun meandering around the Great Sea, looking for charts and pieces of heart, filling in my Sea Chart, and slowly but surely working towards the sage dungeons.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I've complained before about how in the second part of Wind Waker, after you get the Master Sword, the pacing just dies. This still stands true, but I've realized that that's fine. I'm just having fun meandering around the Great Sea, looking for charts and pieces of heart, filling in my Sea Chart, and slowly but surely working towards the sage dungeons.
the game is pretty guided up to that point, then it just sorta lets you figure things out and you can do whatever, feels like a nice opportunity to get windfall sidequests done at least

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
There's a handful of points like that where everything is just kinda peaceful
You're definitely expected to slow down and just comb over all the neat islands searching for triforce shards (and being glad you don't have to shell out 4000 rupees to get them translated by tingle anymore)

Playing through ALTTP again and have just entered the Palace of Darkness. For some reason, I thought the tower for the third pendant in the Light World was a lot bigger/trickier than what it is.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Still going through Spirit Tracks, enjoying it so far. I'm on the ocean temple right now and have been really pleasantly surprised by it. Usually in this game and PH I can just go through the dungeons in 15-20 minutes, half asleep. This one is a lot bigger than I thought and has made me pause and think a couple times. Going to do the boss battle tomorrow.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I finished the Triforce hunt, which means I can go on and finish the game now, right? Well yes, but I also found the sea hearts chart so I'm gonna mess around with that a little bit before going on to Ganon's Tower.

Just finished The Adventure of Link. Back in the days, i tried and tried but it was just too hard and frustrating. All the years i have been thinking that this just that Zelda game i'm never going to play trough.

But now it's done, i'm proud of myself. Sure, I played the easy version(Switch online NES), but still.

I know that there are a lot of people with same situation like I use to have. I highly recommend you to play that Nintendo Switch online version. Much more enjoyable than original version. Of course, if you like to have an ultimate challenge then go for it and take the original.

How switch version is easier:
- Revind and save states. The biggest help. You are going to die so many times.
- All upgrades(sword, life, magic) are at max level.

I also had Phantom Hourglass, Four Swords Adventure and Tri Force Heroes in my Zelda games list i haven't finished.

-Phantom Hourglass was suprsingly fun. Maybe bit better than Spirit Tracks.

-Four Swords Adventures was okay, better than i expected. But just too long and repeative. Played single player, so that could effect my opinion.

-But Tri Force Heroes. Played trough first five stages. No, i'm not gonna keep going. If you have more than one player,
i can see that this could be fun. Or atleast ok. But not in single player. I need to carry these puppets all the way trough stages.. No thanks.
So this will be only Zelda game i'm never gonna finish. So sad.. Never can say i have beat em all..

Last edited:
I'm currently playing OoT on the Switch's virtual console. Not the best port. But it's nice to see the original textures in HD.

I took it upon myself to start documenting all the secrets I find in the game and digging through beta files online.

Have a lot of time on my hands during paternity leave.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Been really busy but I finally got an opportunity to pick Twilight Princess back up yesterday, I spent nearly an hour and didn't really do anything storywise, I was just hunting for Poes, Pieces of Heart and bugs. Beat the STAR game first try :cool:. Finally got around to meeting Auru and watched the cutscene of Midna explaining the history of the Twili.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Just finished the temple of time. I'm about halfway on Poes, I have one mantis left to catch, and I've got 15 hearts+one piece, so I've got 14 pieces out there somewhere. Stamps I'll have to check, but I feel like I've got a lot left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom