• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are You Doing In Zelda?

PoeFacedKilla

Hylian Killer Bee
I beat this dungeon yesterday but I really think Snowpeak Ruins is an underrated dungeon. The fact that is replaced most of the tropes in favor of themed rooms and items is awesome (locked doors replaced with ice that needs to be broken and the reason for traversing the house is because of a forgetful woman pointing you in the wrong direction.) I really wish that all Zelda dungeons that aren't supposed to be ancient sage temples would get rid of things like boss keys and locked rooms with other obstacles that serve the same purpose. I guess that takes a lot more creativity though.

Replaying TP right now - playing my original Wii disc through my WIU and it still looks great! Just recently planted and beat TLOZ and AOL, wow those games were challenging! I played them on my 3ds - bought them in the Nintendo Estore. Those games were so tough I just said screw it and used restore points because I just wanted to get them over with. Lol Now I’ve officially played every main title

Staring into the twilight sky of the Palace of Twilight in my 100%ed file of Twilight Princess HD.
Did you collect all of the stamps as well? I thought about getting the HD version but I just couldn’t justify the 80 dollars it was going for at the time. I already own the original version, is it that much better or different at all?

I beat this dungeon yesterday but I really think Snowpeak Ruins is an underrated dungeon. The fact that is replaced most of the tropes in favor of themed rooms and items is awesome (locked doors replaced with ice that needs to be broken and the reason for traversing the house is because of a forgetful woman pointing you in the wrong direction.) I really wish that all Zelda dungeons that aren't supposed to be ancient sage temples would get rid of things like boss keys and locked rooms with other obstacles that serve the same purpose. I guess that takes a lot more creativity though.
Totally agree, it is one of my favourite dungeons in the whole entire series, I would put it in my top five like for real. It’s so creative so captivating, beautiful and clever design. It’s a 10/10 dungeon so awesome

PoeFacedKilla

Hylian Killer Bee
Put TP on hold for bit to play the OoT randomizer. If you haven't seen this yet I'd recommend it you can control what regions are even considered (so I removed the Ice Cavern and Hanuted Wasteland so I won't have to do them) and you can randomizer shops so I was able to buy hover boots and the Ocarina of Time before I even left the forest. It even has the option of adding in a WW style triforce hunt to the game before being able to enter Ganon's Castle.
Totally agree, it is one of my favourite dungeons in the whole entire series, I would put it in my top five like for real. It’s so creative so captivating, beautiful and clever design. It’s a 10/10 dungeon so awesome
Oh it's in my top 5. Though I don't know that I could do a top 5 (I'm indecisive, if you ask me to give you my favorite movie id name off more than 5.)

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I'm trying to beat Yeta in the snow boarding mini-game.
Seriously?!
I'm getting bored with it. I'll go on with the main quest if I don't get this in few more attempts.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Wind Waker HD done, man the small changes really go back and forth from being "great" to "wow, I'm just not gonna get used to this", as for the big changes
-music I just straight up think is better in the original, even removing my bias, there were a few tracks that I felt were noticeably not as good
-bloom was a bit much, ha, like there was some areas where I turn the camera a bit and I can see the hue from the bloom coming onto the ground or something, otherwise it's visually stunning
-tingle bottle was objectively a bad change; if you can get a cable and gba, you can still use the tingle tuner in the original which is over 15 years old now, HD version came out this decade and the bottle is impossible for me to use
-gamepad all around just made things more streamline; gyro aiming, the maps, item management, it's really nice to have
-I mentioned the improved triforce shards earlier, but sweet mother of din the swift sail is something else

the original will likely still be the primary version for me to go back to, but for everyone else, this is basically the way to go for this game, all the more better if it were to come to the switch

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
for my 27th playthrough of wind waker or god knows how many at this point, my friend was talking about going into his backlog and we're basically going to co-op wind waker via the tingle tuner, except I'm NOT gonna be Toon Link this time and I'll be using the gba
hopefully he'll be able to finish the game one way or another

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
The game has maps for that! Next time you play by yourself, draw up a map to take notes on and list each heart piece in its location as you find it, then compare once you've found the island hearts chart
I wish I did that back then, I did get the heart piece map but what I was doing was island hopping and trying to do everything I could, didn't work out b/c I was still short on some pieces, I remember windfall island had a lot of them according to the map

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom