• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are You Doing In Zelda?

PoeFacedKilla

Hylian Killer Bee
Replaying Wind Waker (when I was younger I played through it every Thanksgiving so this year I decided to rerun through it after dinner on the holiday,) I'm going through the infamous triforce quest now. Plan on playing through TP again after this as I've only beat it once when it first came out (for the old site Zelda Shrine, Im the guy that took it over in 2006.) I went ahead and started it just to get the long winded intro out of the way and while I got to the forest temple entrance the intro has reminded me why I never replayed it. But it's all uphill from here.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Wind Waker HD has been one heck of an improvement over the original, visuals are outstanding, the draw distance is crazy good, a lot of great qol improvements....but it's not quite sitting right w/ me, I know the original front and back, and there's various little things that stick out to me as being a change just for the heck of it
and I am talking little things like king of red lion's mouth not moving, Niko's voice change (but only when he jumps?), the miniblins sound different, swapping the B and A buttons on certain instances, the rearranged menu sound effects, THE FILE SELECT MUSIC, etc.

might get into more into it a post somewhere later on, but as of now, I'm around the tower of gods

Last edited:

PoeFacedKilla

Hylian Killer Bee
Wind Waker HD has been one heck of an improvement over the original, visuals are outstanding, the draw distance is crazy good, a lot of great qol improvements....but it's not quite sitting right w/ me, I know the original front and back, and there's various little things that stick out to me as being a change just for the heck of it
and I am talking little things like king of red lion's mouth not moving, Niko's voice change (but only when he jumps?), the miniblins sound different, swapping the B and A buttons on certain instances, the rearranged menu sound effects, THE FILE SELECT MUSIC, etc.

might get into more into it a post somewhere later on, but as of now, I'm around the tower of gods
I'd be interested to hear the differences. Never got to play WWHD: I use the dolphin emulator with HD texture packs so I get the same (probably better tbh, I have a good graphics card,) graphics enhancements with none of the gameplay improvements.

Wishing I was playing it. Seriously. Any game. I’ll play it.
Any particular reason you aren't playing any then?

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
I'd be interested to hear the differences. Never got to play WWHD: I use the dolphin emulator with HD texture packs so I get the same (probably better tbh, I have a good graphics card,) graphics enhancements with none of the gameplay improvements.

Any particular reason you aren't playing any then?
I have basically no free time these days. Otherwise, I’d love to! Hopefully soon.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
just to name a few of the major differences
-reorchestrated music
-the sail and wind waker a no longer items, they have their own button inputs
-tingle tuner is completely gone, instead it was replaced w/ tingle bottles (which is 100% useless since miiverse is discont., nice one nintendo)
-you start out being able to carry 500 rupees instead of 200
-animations for grappling hook and wind waker have been cut down massively
-gyro aiming for certain items and first person view

and of course the swift sail which I haven't gotten to yet but can't wait to see it in action, there's plenty of other differences here and there, a couple I'd even say are for the worst, but on the whole it's definitely quite an upgrade

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
A couple of hours into my new BotW playthrough.

I remember doing a thread a while back about how repayable it is. Turned out I was in the minority. But I find it endlessly replayable. Every time for me it feels like magic and it's almost the opposite, I love the game more and more the more I play it. And I constantly find little details and nuances that makes every replay memorable and worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom