• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are You Doing In Zelda?

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Screenshot_20230411-220630_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20230411-220314_RetroArch Plus.jpg
I think this is my first time I no damaged a boss. I can't remember if I did before in Imprisoned battles but I wwould've posted here if I did ig:suspicious: .
so yea this is my first time iirc

Working on completing Four Swords: Anniversary Edition. Whoever decided that the threshold for obtaining the Hero's keys should be 5000 rupees is a sadist. I did it! I got them all! But it was extremely tedious. Now I just have to complete the Hero's Trial! (:

Just started Link's Awakening again.

The Mario series cameos and the fact that bosses speak always makes me take the game less seriously, though.
So hoping for Oracle reamkes. They are great ones.

I'm playing through ALTTP for the first time since childhood (with my cousin doing most the work) and I'm playing botw like crazy I just grabbed the hylian shield last night, and I got the master sword just a few days ago finally , only have one divine beast complete so far, I really like taking my time with this one , I won't be finished before totk , but I'll still play tf out of both lol, annnd I even still have minish cap and skyward sword started but not nearly finished I wanna break skyward sword out again when I have more room with the Wii controls lol

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I just renewed my nintendo online membership last night and grabbed the expansion pass while at it, soo, I played a bit of minish cap for the first time ever :eyes:
I'm already in love with this game, love the plot so far, just finished the first dungeon this morning and aaaa the artstyle, I love pixelated games like this

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Well even the titles in the TotK section are full of spoilers so I can't even look through the threads to find a more specific place to put this. THIS POST WILL INCLUDE VERY MINOR SPOILERS FOR THE EARLY HOURS OF TotK!

I'm probably eight hours into my playthrough of TotK now. I love it, it's more of the same that I loved in BotW. I love most Zelda games, even the ones that have very serious problems. TotK is a Zelda game that has very serious problems. This time though, the serious problems worry me for the future of the franchise and Nintendo as a company.

The first real movement you do as Link lands you in the Sky Islands where he splashes into a pond populated with big lily pads. The first thing I did was go into a lilly pad. When I ran off the lilly pad, Link slid off the perch with his legs bent and arms up as if falling from a great height. His head slid underwater and his momentum continued apace as if the water didn't even exist. After only half a second, link popped back up and fostered the way he ought. "Weird." I thought, eyebrows beetled. I tried it again and got the same effect. Then I tried on other lilly pads and on subsequent sessions. Always the same glitchy, lazy programming.

Then I started to notice minor textual inconsistencies: stilted dialogue and voice acting, grammatical errors, punctuation where it shouldn't be (in written text). Things that aren't an issue at all for amateurs like myself but ought not to occur in a published work.

There have been several more minor issues in gameplay that I've noticed like the obtrusive lag that occurs after switching your weapon and the lack of an option to fuse weapons in the menu (edit: I also just got kidnapped by Impa, a lazy play-testing oversight). It's all causing me to think that even with six years (or seven, I suppose, since Nintendo claimed it was working on the follow-up since before the release of BotW) of development using the engine and assets of the previous game, Nintendo was unable to polish a major entry in a flagship franchise. I'm only a few hours in so perhaps these are the only issues in the game and if that's the case, they're surely not going to ruin TotK for me. However, if these are just the first red flags in a long series of failures, I'm going to give this game a poorer review than I'd like.

Last edited:

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Well even the titles in the TotK section are full of spoilers so I can't even look through the threads to find a more specific place to put this. THIS POST WILL INCLUDE VERY MINOR SPOILERS FOR THE EARLY HOURS OF TotK!

I'm probably eight hours into my playthrough of TotK now. I love it, it's more of the same that I loved in BotW. I love most Zelda games, even the ones that have very serious problems. TotK is a Zelda game that has very serious problems. This time though, the serious problems worry me for the future of the franchise and Nintendo as a company.

The first real movement you do as Link lands you in the Sky Islands where he splashes into a pond populated with big lily pads. The first thing I did was go into a lilly pad. When I ran off the lilly pad, Link slid off the perch with his legs bent and arms up as if falling from a great height. His head slid underwater and his momentum continued apace as if the water didn't even exist. After only half a second, link popped back up and fostered the way he ought. "Weird." I thought, eyebrows beetled. I tried it again and got the same effect. Then I tried on other lilly pads and on subsequent sessions. Always the same glitchy, lazy programming.

Then I started to notice minor textual inconsistencies: stilted dialogue and voice acting, grammatical errors, punctuation where it shouldn't be (in written text). Things that aren't an issue at all for amateurs like myself but ought not to occur in a published work.

There have been several more minor issues in gameplay that I've noticed like the obtrusive lag that occurs after switching your weapon and the lack of an option to fuse weapons in the menu (edit: I also just got kidnapped by Impa, a lazy play-testing oversight). It's all causing me to think that even with six years (or seven, I suppose, since Nintendo claimed it was working on the follow-up since before the release of BotW) of development using the engine and assets of the previous game, Nintendo was unable to polish a major entry in a flagship franchise. I'm only a few hours in so perhaps these are the only issues in the game and if that's the case, they're surely not going to ruin TotK for me. However, if these are just the first red flags in a long series of failures, I'm going to give this game a poorer review than I'd like.
I think your game is just cursed dude

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
The lag and broken lily pad animation could be my cart (playing on a TotK OLED so I'm hoping it's not the hardware) but the rest of it is definitely the result of a less polished game. My cart fails to read on both of my Switches about half the time though so it could just be cart itself for those issues. The quality control is disappointing.

Edit: just watched a little into playthrough and the lily pad animation is unfinished for sure as is the lag on the weapon switch. Obviously, people are going to be inclined to disregard any criticism of the game because it's a Zelda game and it's also a top tier Nintendo offering. The reason I'm calling out these specific perceived failures is that I don't want Nintendo to become like Sony or Microsoft and their first party titles. Nintendo is always going above and beyond with their games and I don't want them to start making just adequate games.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom