• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tears of the Kingdom What Are You Doing in TotK?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Without giving anything away, do I really need to do the Depths? Trying to avoid it as I'm not a fan of being startled by god knows what!
If you want to upgrade the Purah Pad you gotta bare minimum do the first Depths quest for Josha.
There's a hand ability down there (albeit I don't see much use for it), as well as some good loot like some good weapons.
It's definitely useful. Came in clutch for me on many occassions.
you can save your creations and make them out of thin air whenever you want if you've got zonaite. You can permanently keep your pickup truck at your beck and call!

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
I've nearly completed exploring The Depths as I have found all but probably 20 Lightroots and gotten most of the formerly-Amiibo-locked gear. Just gotta finish the Fierce Deity set, the Hero of Winds set, the Hero of the Sky set, and get the Toy Link hat. Amazingly I found all the Hero of the Wild set items without need for any of the old map items to reveal their location. (The Cap of Twilight was NIGHTMARE because I was NOT expecting to encounter a Gloomified KING GLEEOK in the Depths!!!)

So in the Depths below where the three great Windfish Skeletons that were in BotW, you can find three Dark Skeleton counterparts that seem to be the bones of three Dragons that predate Dinraal, Farosh, and Naydra. Follow the bones to their heads and you will encounter Horriblins. Defeat them or just blitz past them to the chest located on the tip of the lower jawbone of these skeletons in order to obtain the Cap, Tunic, and Trunks of the Wild.

Welp, end of the extra day off and did manage to do all the pirate stuff like I’d planned despite some dilly dallying to start. A little proud of myself for doing a substantial amount more of the depths, though there’s still a ton I haven’t explored. Even found another sky island when I could’ve sword I’d found them all, though I’m sure this was the last big one outside of the labyrinths. Kinda wishing there were more about the size of the starting island - kinda thought that would be indicative of what to expect, like the great plateau was. Oh well. Still enjoy what we do have for the most part.

Also did a sidequest in Tarrey Town that got me a bit teary eyed. I don’t know, maybe I’m just getting old or something. Never used to let myself get emotional over games, least not many. The Last Guardian was a first for me, maybe a couple others, but I don’t even think this was that bad. Maybe it’s just that Hudson reminds me of someone in my life, or that while I don’t have kids of my own, I have a couple nieces now who both live halfway across the country, along with my brother and sister. I probably mentioned before, I didn’t do any of the Tarrey Town stuff in my first time through BotW, but I appreciated it in my second for all its simplicity. The whole thing with -son was kinda silly, but seeing how both Hudson and his family and town have grown, I feel maybe that’s how older folks might have been able to relate with Ocarina of Time when I was younger. Likewise with Bolson and some of his dialogue after you’ve done everything with him - hoping he spends his last days peacefully, maybe in Lurelin. It’s certainly one of my favorite places in the series.

So I finally got around to being able to make my own home. I can see why some say it’s limited, and I’m not entirely satisfied with it myself. But I did manage to make something I thought was fairly cozy. I might rearrange it a bit, not sure I’ll care that much but if I’m bored I might get around to it. I bet it won’t be a returning feature in the next, because when does anything ever stick for long in this series, but I’d hope maybe you could pick which town you’d want to live in, or even have places out in the Wild you could make a cabin or something.

Only 4 hearts so being careful.
Helped Purah.
Still trying to get the hang of where inventory & all the other bits are & what they do!

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
I am on my way to collecting all the Bubbelfrog Gems to get the Satori Cloth pattern that my younger brother spoiled for me, now that I have all of Kolton's immediate rewards.

2 down.
99 more to go.

At least now Kolton can sense where the others are located so if I have trouble he will give you a hint for the nearest one.

Done about 40 shrines across the map and opened quite a few towers. Now I'm starting to naturally approach one of the regional phenomena's.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I cleared the fourth area.
I liked the Gerudo dungeon a lot, it reminded me very much of the desert temple in OoT. I was glad they brought back light elements. The boss was very difficult, especially in its second phase. To be honest though I didn't mind it that much. The second phase was kind of insane, but it wasn't tedious like the Zora boss was. And unlike the first two bosses it was actually hard to beat. I respect that. I also thought it was cool that it invorporated the dungeon mechanic as well as Riju's ability. My only gripe would probably be how small its hit box is. I'm pretty sure you can only really do damage by hitting its head, but it's hard to get in front of and when you're there its hard to dodge attacks. Would've been nice if it just fell down.
Also, before doing this I did face my intense hatred of floormasters and made it through the lost woods.
Now that I've cleared all the areas I don't think I'm going to go where the game is telling me to. There's a lot of land I haven't covered yet, and a lot of quests I haven't completed. I'm also severely short on weapons and food after that last boss fight. Perhaps I'll explore the depths a bit more.

Ninja

Well well well
Just arrived to the Construct Factory. I really like how Link finally gets his "own" sage just like how the other champions received their calling. Also, the armor set you get before this is INCREDIBLE. I'm literally a charged up unicorn.

I'm going to back out of it though and knock out all of the shrines that I've accessed but not completed. I might "farm" some materials because despite luring out the great fairies, I haven't upgraded a single piece of equipment.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Just arrived to the Construct Factory. I really like how Link finally gets his "own" sage just like how the other champions received their calling. Also, the armor set you get before this is INCREDIBLE. I'm literally a charged up unicorn.

I'm going to back out of it though and knock out all of the shrines that I've accessed but not completed. I might "farm" some materials because despite luring out the great fairies, I haven't upgraded a single piece of equipment.
i actually discovered that by total accident, exploring randomly in faron and riding a falling rock up to the end of dragonhead island, completely skipping the entire intended path there without even realizing there was one cuz i couldnt see in the storm, lmao. i only got the actual quest for it much later. but i hope you enjoy! the construct factory was one of my favorite parts of the game and the reward is incredible!

Oathkeeper95

The Oath of Kinbaku, Tzion, Terra, and Iscariot.
It’s funny, the first thing I did after booting up the game was head to Kakariko, but I couldn’t beat the shrine there without the glider.

Now I Just did the first depths quest to upgrade the Purah pad! Disciplining myself to play the game instead of spending hours on YouTube is difficult, but I never have trouble once I actually start.

I think I’ll try to find some warm clothes and head to the lucky cover gazette!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom