• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What Are You Doing In BOTW?

Enemies seem to gang up more then a year or so ago. Do you think a secret update happened? The Great Plateau gets more lightning storms as if it was the jungle region where usually storms were pretty mild and quick hitting there when they did happen. Now they last for hours with Ohio River Valley style lightning. If you've ever seen there type of severe lightning you'll know what I'm talking about!

And-

That sounds exactly like Master Mode.

As I have said before each time I play it there are subtle changes and it definitely gets slightly harder. The first time I played it yes it was hard as I had never played anything like it before, but, there were no brown nor white Bobolkins, now I seem to get them more or less straight away!
I know Link gets stronger throughout the game but I wonder if the game learns from the player! It would be very interesting to be able to wipe the slate clean, as it were, and play as a complete newbie and see what the difference would be!

Compared to a year ago Master Mode enemies seem to gang up on you more and surround you even in weak areas. Even in Master Mode until recently: most of the game the enemies were pretty dumb but harder to kill and I was disappointed Master Mode didn't fix this problem:

I wonder if Nintendo heard my complaints on various YT videos and said "So he wants smarter AI eh? Okay here you go sucker!" and now I'm trolled with it? Also like I said storms are more severe then they were before. Even in the Boom Bam Golf area I get more rain then usual. I wish the desert area would increase rainfall to just 10 maybe 15 percent chance instead of zero.

Rex The Hylian

Zelda Lore Researcher Here To Learn
Instead of crowding the Game Help thread with what we're doing, I felt it'd be good to make a thread for this.

What are you doing right now in BotW? I just beat the Goron dungeon, was an enjoyable and tough experience. Great boss fight.
Just beat Thunderblight Ganon it is the 3rd divine beast I took out so far. I'm currently farming for food and stat buff ingredients. I'm gonna do plenty of cooking for dishes and elixirs to prepare for the Goron divine beast, I'm so excited.

I'm in my third playthrough, doing a Master Mode/vegan run. I'm headed to Gerudo Town to get the Ruby Circlet, which, paired with the Warm Doublet, means I don't have to use the Rito Armor, which has feathers.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I'm in my third playthrough, doing a Master Mode/vegan run. I'm headed to Gerudo Town to get the Ruby Circlet, which, paired with the Warm Doublet, means I don't have to use the Rito Armor, which has feathers.
But the rito are sapient
If you're counting them then you have to count all man made stuff lol?
Also the warm doublet is probably lined with feathers

Yeah, the Rito armor is an edge case. I decided not to use it since they never actually specify it's made with Rito feathers and they appear to eat other birds. Also, the additional challenge makes things more interesting.

As for other stuff, that the developers might have intended to be made with animal-based materials, I head cannon almost everything as vegan unless the game specifically says it isn't.

ChimeraWarden

I hear thunder, pitter patter..
I’m gonna force myself to complete the Trial of the Sword (clip or not, I’ll get it done) solely because I can never beat a challenge.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I’m gonna force myself to complete the Trial of the Sword (clip or not, I’ll get it done) solely because I can never beat a challenge.
I had a lot of fun with trial of the sword. It felt like the game botw wanted to be, but never could. I enjoyed analyzing each floor and coming up with a plan to minimize resource expenditure and heart loss
...its actually impossible on master mode though

ChimeraWarden

I hear thunder, pitter patter..
I had a lot of fun with trial of the sword. It felt like the game botw wanted to be, but never could. I enjoyed analyzing each floor and coming up with a plan to minimize resource expenditure and heart loss
...its actually impossible on master mode though
I mean on one of them, you’re essentially target practice for a bunch of bokoblins

and yeah, I’ll probably shield clip through it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom