• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What Are You Doing In BOTW?

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I've been jumping back in lately to try and actually finish a master mode run. Two things that come back to mind from the last time I sat with the game:
  • I decided I'd try to climb that one tower that's surrounded by sparky wizzrobes and lizalfos. Got killed several times and used up most of the 20 arrows and four 20-45 damage swords I started out with trying to clear out enough to either climb in peace or sneak by. In the end, I just managed to randomly sneak by by like a fraction of a second before the lizalfos swimming by happened to turn his back, despite this same one spotting me practically every time I'd tried. How? Don't know, don't care. The gliding minigame theme afterwards felt like a nice celebratory tune.
  • A little bit before though, I'd tried the shrine that's atop a hill, the one with the memory before it. Turns out was a combat shrine, and one of the mean ones. After two tries, it became clear I could break all my weapons and only get like 4/5 of this one done. Maybe some other time.

A little bit before though, I'd tried the shrine that's atop a hill, the one with the memory before it. Turns out was a combat shrine, and one of the mean ones. After two tries, it became clear I could break all my weapons and only get like 4/5 of this one done. Maybe some other time.

If I find a Shrine that’s a Major fight I tend to leave it until I have more strength otherwise they’re just demoralising. I then mark them on my map to remind me to go back later.
I did try the master mode once but find it a bit too hard for me, I’m not very good at strategic fighting!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Try sneakstrikes and headshots
Sneakstrikes dont work in combat shrines, though. They're designed to have you enter the fight immediately. There isn't really a way to get out of sight long enough that it deaggros.

Headshots are definitely a good strategy for them, though. So is using lightning weapons or arrows, especially if theres water on the ground.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Sneakstrikes dont work in combat shrines, though. They're designed to have you enter the fight immediately. There isn't really a way to get out of sight long enough that it deaggros.

Headshots are definitely a good strategy for them, though. So is using lightning weapons or arrows, especially if theres water on the ground.

I'm pretty sure Mikey was talking about strategic moves for combat in Master Mode. I think if he was giving advice for the combat shrines, he would've quoted the original user that needed help.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I'm pretty sure Mikey was talking about strategic moves for combat in Master Mode. I think if he was giving advice for the combat shrines, he would've quoted the original user that needed help.
Indeed I was. Typically master mode just increases enemy health and damage, but I like the regen mechanic to get rid of a lot of cheese tactics

dtc

Didn't post here in a while but i got the 120th shrine in master mode! Got the last one, the snowball one, by thinking i had to throw the snowball to the circle, so i aligned the ball with it and accidentally solved it lol
Best of all is that the ball's shadow casually aligned with the circle while throwing it on my first playthrough so i have been all the time thinking it had to be done that way, pretty funny honestly

I'm working on my second vegan run. Last time around, I didn't realize the fire-proof elixir was made with lizard parts, so I'm not using that. Turns out, making it to Goron City is totally doable without it. I did the trek in two parts, stocking up on health-replenishing food for both, stopping at a Sheikah tower.

I was playing around with the Yunobo glitch, which allows him to follow you anywhere. I think I'm going to move on with the Divine Beast now, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom