• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What Are You Doing In BOTW?

Just about to jump back in after being out of the game for a while.

I had finished the boss in the Desert area and was about to tackle the Water Elephant Thing (like my official lingo?)

I think I want to try and increase my inventory slots; time to look up how to do that lol!

Nice nerd knowledge there, the big elephant is Vah Ruta.

To increase your inventory you need to talk to the big fat dancing Korok, you can usually find him in the Lost Woods if you've spoken to him a couple of times already.

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
just got the expansion pass

Oh man, you're gonna love it! I've been covering that for my last several youtube videos, and it is such refreshing bonus on the main game, especially if you've played through multiple times. I just finished the Champion's Ballad stuff and got the Horse Bike for the first time, and it is CRAZY how fun and freeing it is!

Breath of the Wild is already a game with a near-infinite replayability, and my experience with it so far has been that the expansion pack only makes it better!

At what point in the game did you start dropping rocks on Koroks' heads? I didn't do it right away 2 years ago when I played. And I haven't done it yet this time, but after 100+ seeds I'm starting to get the urge now. :D

LinkusLankusLonkus55

Peefarple (my wind waker file name)
I'm practicing combat skills and glitches because there's not much to do after fully completing the game from top to bottom in master mode but I would definitely do it again (but not all 900 korok seeds because the reward was WAY too disappointing for me to handle)

I also need to buy amiibo

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Wanted to go explore Castle Town again because I wanted to hurt myself when AoC comes out and we see the town in it’s full glory up close. On my way I watched a star fall on one of the plateaus around the castle, so I pulled out the Master Cycle and zipped on over to find it. Thing is, when I got close to the castle, it vanished, even though it was still the middle of the night. Maybe entering the castle messed with the spawn. Whatever the reason, I couldn’t find the star so I climbed back out of the castle and ended up entering the town from the rear, the opposite of what I intended, haha.

Just finished running the blue flame marathon: start from scratch (I did it in Master mode cos that's what I play in usually) and go to Kakariko and see Impa, go to Hateno and get the director to ask you to fetch the blue flame, make it to the blue flame in Akkala and bring it back on foot. You can use any suit you want, including the Majora's mask. Once you've lit the Hateno furnace, time to talk to Robbie and then head back to the Hateno flame source and take it all the way to Akkala lab. Good luck with the weather, you're going to discover there are some weird borders between weather systems, especially at the turn off to Akkala from the road coming up from Lanayru. There's a bit where it rains all the time (unless you do the Zora quest). Took me a few days to get lucky enough to make it!

And then I did the long distance carry, taking the flame from Akkala to the fairy fountain in the Gerudo desert, just for the hell of it. Did it on horseback though, just to make a change (and it goes a lot faster of course).

Someone quite a few pages back mentioned a diamond under a rock on Mount Satori, anyone got a more precise indication of where that is please?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Just finished running the blue flame marathon: start from scratch (I did it in Master mode cos that's what I play in usually) and go to Kakariko and see Impa, go to Hateno and get the director to ask you to fetch the blue flame, make it to the blue flame in Akkala and bring it back on foot. You can use any suit you want, including the Majora's mask. Once you've lit the Hateno furnace, time to talk to Robbie and then head back to the Hateno flame source and take it all the way to Akkala lab. Good luck with the weather, you're going to discover there are some weird borders between weather systems, especially at the turn off to Akkala from the road coming up from Lanayru. There's a bit where it rains all the time (unless you do the Zora quest). Took me a few days to get lucky enough to make it!

And then I did the long distance carry, taking the flame from Akkala to the fairy fountain in the Gerudo desert, just for the hell of it. Did it on horseback though, just to make a change (and it goes a lot faster of course).

Someone quite a few pages back mentioned a diamond under a rock on Mount Satori, anyone got a more precise indication of where that is please?
The diamond should be around the southwest part of the mountain. If I remember right, there’s a little stone archway that you can walk through down there, kind of like a mini tunnel. It should be on top of that.

The diamond should be around the southwest part of the mountain. If I remember right, there’s a little stone archway that you can walk through down there, kind of like a mini tunnel. It should be on top of that.

Thanks, found it! I'm sure I encountered it three years ago when I started playing BoTW but I hadn't touched the game seriously in over a year once I'd completed the DLC stuff, got all Korok seeds, every chest I could find and improved all the clothing to the max (still need to achieve 100%, I'm at 99.91% currently), When I'm not doing much with the game I collect star fragments, watching for the meteorites to fall from the Hateno Ancient Lab's balcony.

Another fun thing you can do is collect octorok balloons and commandeer one of the floating platforms that are all over the place in Master mode. Use the balloons to lift it up to the highest possible altitude, then try and glide as far possible (get those endurance carrots and make Enduring Fried Wild Greens). I've managed to get from Zora's domain to Eventide Island.

Attachments

• satoridiamon.jpg
    satoridiamon.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 1
One thing I discovered running the blue flame marathon is just how treachorous the Yiga Clan in civilian clothing are even if you're on a road. After three years of getting around on horseback and before then avoiding roads for fear of ambushes (that don't happen at the frequency I thought), having to deal with the criminals who make you put your weapon away whilst they talk and thus ruin my run was quite the surprise. Had to start avoiding everyone on the roads who were on foot because of it.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I started a new file in normal mode recently and I've been doing things a biiit differently than I usually do. I went to the castle pretty early in so I could get the royal guard armor right away and I'm playing while wearing that set for the Aesthetic(TM). I plan to grab the Master Sword next, so I'm doing shrines until I can get it and then I'll probably try and do the entire Trial of the Sword at the bare minimum point like that. And THEN I'll finally go meet Impa and start on the Divine Beast quests. Should be fun.

I'm looking for the last memory. I know where it is i just have to find the exact spot.

After that i'm gonna do some major buffing. I have 13 hearts and 46 shrines done, all towers activated, got the Master Sword and all Divine Beasts completed.

I need to do some more shrines and i want to find the Hylian Shield before i make another suicidal run at Hyrule Castle.
You'll never guess where the Hylian Shield is then...Also, good luck finding it (it's in a very, very dangerous area, to say the least)

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
You'll never guess where the Hylian Shield is then...Also, good luck finding it (it's in a very, very dangerous area, to say the least)
Considering that post was in March 2017 I wonder if they found it.

Not so much BotW but I'm starting a new playthrough of Skyrim as Link. I got a wood elf to look decently enough like him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom