• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What Are You Doing In BOTW?

Koroks. I know there being 900 can take a lot of flack. But honestly it's nice being able to pick up a controller and pick away at them.

dtc

Searching all shrines (just done all 3 lomei mazes), wandering around and hunting some lynels and guardians for loot, although i never get giant ancient cores WHY ARE THEY SO HARD TO GET
Also first post hi

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
Alright, I'm unbelievably late to the party but I spent a good chunk of time properly playing BOTW for the first time the other day. (i'm too poor for a switch ok y'all i live vicariously through my friends, literally all of whom own switches) I spent a good amount of hours exploring Shrines, the overworld, and working my way up to Zora's Domain. It's a gorgeous game.

I gotta say though, I don't know if I love the gameplay or controls? Maybe it just takes more adaptation over time, but I think I spent most of my time screwing up the buttons or struggling to do basic stuff in game and a lot of it came down to what I read as the controls being janky as hell. I don't have the greatest mobility in my hands, which is always an issue for me with any console game (although joycons are probably the best for me because they're small), and jeez, the game feels merciless on that account.

Finding korok seeds...
Still 297 left without guide, and the finding itself is now getting harder and harder : (

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Mainly Korok hunting. I restarted in master mode over a year ago, and now whenever I come back home from university I try to get a decent portion of the map covered. The problem is is that the map has already erased a lot of my previous work.
5U4SbIam.jpg

Walkthroughs are for the weak. ;) (though they may have saved me from the disappointed, albeit slightly impressed facial expressions of my parents at how many hours I've put into this haha)

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
I'm just coming back to it after a 2-year hiatus while my girlfriend played the game. She took it before any of the DLC (except the beginning area chests of course) had been released, so I'm excited to play with a teleportable horse, master cycle, champions ballad sidequests and armor, and of course the FREAKING trial of the sword! I've barely started, but I'm already enjoying the rehash of my original experience with tougher and more numerous enemies and treasures.

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
Not me, but my sister just started playing botw on master mode for the first time! There’s a lynel on the great plateau...

Hey! It's actually one of the single largest challenges in the game. Did you know that you don't lose weapon durability when you attack Lynel while mounted? I found that out several years ago when I decided to kill it.... BEFORE getting the glider. The only weapon I had that was any good was the Knight's Claymore you can find in a chest, and it kept breaking. Eventually I noticed that if I spammed mounting attacks, it wouldn't break...

If you want to see that video for fun, it's here! I am a bit of a hack when it comes to editing videos, but I still think it turned out pretty nice.

Best of luck on your journey!

Hey! It's actually one of the single largest challenges in the game. Did you know that you don't lose weapon durability when you attack Lynel while mounted? I found that out several years ago when I decided to kill it.... BEFORE getting the glider. The only weapon I had that was any good was the Knight's Claymore you can find in a chest, and it kept breaking. Eventually I noticed that if I spammed mounting attacks, it wouldn't break...

If you want to see that video for fun, it's here! I am a bit of a hack when it comes to editing videos, but I still think it turned out pretty nice.

Best of luck on your journey!

You found that out 'several years ago'?

How old do you think BotW is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom