• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What Are You Doing In BOTW?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Tried shield bouncing off enemies and damn is it harder than it looks, gotta have the right elevation and the right timing. Several times i've missed busted a shield and been swarmed by bokoblins.

One day i will shield bounce off a lynel

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
I haven’t touched the game in a while, but I guess I’m currently looking for all the Hinoxes and Stone Taluses.

I was running across this bridge because I saw a shrine up ahead and this zora prince jumps out of the water. He's all ham and confidence and wants me to run up the mountain to zora's domain, but I'm pitifully unprepared. Can I leave and get prepared and then come back? Or will the prince have a cow if I do that?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I was running across this bridge because I saw a shrine up ahead and this zora prince jumps out of the water. He's all ham and confidence and wants me to run up the mountain to zora's domain, but I'm pitifully unprepared. Can I leave and get prepared and then come back? Or will the prince have a cow if I do that?
You can do whatever you want. Characters don't really acknowledge the passage of time.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Debating on going back through and doing everything differently.

There's really nothing to do differently. Nothing has an impact. You can do things out of order, but in BOTW (like most Zeldas) that's about as impactful as deciding whether to add peanut butter or jelly first in a PB&J sandwich.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Gave up on bouncing off talus' turns out ow it's annoying instead i took up talus gliding for a hobby, sadly can only do this with normal ones cuz igneo and frosties just make link hit the dirt too quick.

So, yesterday my girlfriend started playing Breath of the Wild. It took her a decent chunk of time to make it off the plateau. She isn't really a gamer, she's played a few games here and there and has had some experience with the series, but not much actually playing it (mostly watching cousins or taking short turns with them on OoT and MM). She did a pretty decent job of reasoning her way around the Plateau and found some Korok Seeds, and just generally had a really good time of everything. She did ask for my help a few times, and I showed her some general gameplay tips (like how to use the camera controls properly and how taking off your pants and gear makes you quieter). She was feeling really confident.

But then she got off the Plateau and landed in the forest near the Outpost Ruins and it was a whole different story. She learned how to use her bombs, and by the end of the ordeal was even getting in some Flurry Rushes. But hoboy, getting to that point was something to witness. She'd try to hurl a bomb only to panic and crouch, then get walloped by a club. She'd run through forest and field with a single Moblin in dogged pursuit. Sometimes if a Chuchu or Octorok popped up, or a horde of Keese showed up, she'd scream and practically hurl the controller. She'd crouch and creep through the trees to sneak up on a Moblin, only to have it turn and see her and she'd take off like a shot through the forest yelling at it to go away. There were a few times she got a bit stressed and frustrated, but we also both had a ton of laughs over it as well as the fun stories and comic-like ideas we came up with. She also caught and tamed a horse on her first try! All in all, it was an enjoyable and hilarious time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom