• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What Are You Doing In BOTW?

Quin

Disaster Master
Going to the castle first thing in master mode. Didnt go as well as it did when I did it on my normal mode file, and couldnt take down ganon this time either. Atleast I managed to snag the Hylian Shield and some treasures.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Just killed two silly giant babies called Hinox. I need to kill two more and one Lynel for the final upgrades of some outfits. I need their hearts. Still chasing treasure chests and find me some silly koroks.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Begun a new runthrough and picked up the Korok mask really early. Now I'm exploring each area thoroughly, aiming to find every Korok the mask signals is nearby :P

Hylian_Rebel

Soy un Perdedor
Trial of the Sword. And it has me Triggered! The first 3-5 tries, I was like okay... I'll get it eventually. But NOW, I am so fed up with it, I don't know if I will ever accomplish it.

I'm thinking about starting all over now. Maybe in Master Mode. My current (and first) file is finally starting to bore me. So it's time for a change.

ChaosxVariable

200 Praying Mantises in a Trenchcoat
I just jumped from the peak where Shee Vaneer is and glided down to Hila Rao (that flower shrine) just to avoid the Flower Lady. All my stamina food is gone but I didn’t have to deal with her so it’s a win to me. (Also just kinda wanted to see if I could do it.)

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
On my main file, I'm taking a break from Champion's Ballad to give the Trial of the Sword a try. It's a lot harder than I was expecting, so I might need go upgrade my heart containers a little bit more before I try it again.

In my other file, which I just started today, I'm trying a no armour run. I can collect the armours, but I can't use them. The one exception is the Gerudo outfit, since I don't know of another way to sneak into Gerudo Town (Though if anybody knows of a way, please let me know!) First thing I did when I left the plateau was go to the coliseum to attempt to get some splendid naked screenshots with the lynel inside, but I kept dying before I could get any good ones. :(

I'm halfway through my second play through. I played and completed main + DLC on the Wii-U and now I'm doing the same on the Switch. Even though I do remember how to complete a shrine or puzzle I find that I'm finding things I didn't in the first run! So, loving it again.

Quin

Disaster Master
I've had the same feeling in all 3 runs I've had with the game now. Just doing things in a different way and a different order can make the game exiting again.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Taking my time to try to complete 100% in my original file.

But first, I naturally had to try battling Ganon using the Master Cycle.

The next step will be to attempt a full Hyrule Castle raid using the bike.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I'm currently just exploring the map for shrines that I've yet to complete, I'm going to try and hold off on finishing off the last champion until the friend I've been playing through with is free to join again.

Quin

Disaster Master
I've had worse times waiting on the rain to go away...
BnB97NFl_o.jpg

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Doing a run in normal mode where I get zero shrines (not counting the first required 4), using base hearts and stamina, no divine beasts, no towers, and no shields or bows whatsoever except for korok puzzles.

I gotta say, it’s kinda fun. It puts even more emphasis on cooking and resource management, and I’ve found that using magic rods to take care of elemental enemies and using boomerangs to knock down archers are effective alternatives to arrows. I just took down a guardian by continuously using cryonis blocks to take advantage of its lack of object permanence while I attacked. I find myself coming up with more creative and fun solutions than usual playing like this. I’m enjoying it a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom