• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What Are You Doing In BOTW?

Hylian_Rebel

Soy un Perdedor
I just started playing the game on December 8th and I've already completed the 4 Divine Beasts and all 120 Shrines and fought and beat Ganon. So I am currently roaming around looking for another 673 Korok seeds, collecting Everything I can to upgrade my Armor and fighting every Lynel I come across. (I enjoy fighting Lynels. They are about the only monster that is challenging at this point)
I just bought the expansion pass card tonight and I haven't had a chance to add it yet so that's what I will be doing next.

Also what I am doing is trying to find a place that I can talk about all things LOZ with people who will get it. Lol. Aside from my husband, I don't really know anyone who likes/loves LOZ or can understand how happy and excited I get about all of this. I may as well be talking to myself. So am I in the right place for that?

Hylian_Rebel

Soy un Perdedor
I keep failing at Horseback Archery. The most balloons I have hit was 13 and that was bc I was using a Lynel Bow x5 . I've wasted Soo many arrows and broken so many bows it's not funny. I've not added the DLCs yet so at this point it's Horseback Archery that I find the most difficult/challenging and extremely frustrating. Lol and I really want the Extravagant Saddle/Bridle. So I guess I will keep trying & failing until I eventually get it. Does anyone have any tips that could possibly help with this?

Ninja

Well well well
I just started playing the game on December 8th and I've already completed the 4 Divine Beasts and all 120 Shrines and fought and beat Ganon. So I am currently roaming around looking for another 673 Korok seeds, collecting Everything I can to upgrade my Armor and fighting every Lynel I come across. (I enjoy fighting Lynels. They are about the only monster that is challenging at this point)
I just bought the expansion pass card tonight and I haven't had a chance to add it yet so that's what I will be doing next.

Also what I am doing is trying to find a place that I can talk about all things LOZ with people who will get it. Lol. Aside from my husband, I don't really know anyone who likes/loves LOZ or can understand how happy and excited I get about all of this. I may as well be talking to myself. So am I in the right place for that?

Welcome to the family! Jump over to the Community Area and introduce yourself. And yes, you are in the right place if you love all things Zelda. :)

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I just started playing last night but I'm in love with this game so far. I played for about 2 hours and only completed the first two shrines and stopped playing after ransacking the old man's cabin and dropping a large metal box on his head for funsies. My goal for today is to finish up the great plateau and hopefully find the first divine beast.

I keep failing at Horseback Archery. The most balloons I have hit was 13 and that was bc I was using a Lynel Bow x5 . I've wasted Soo many arrows and broken so many bows it's not funny. I've not added the DLCs yet so at this point it's Horseback Archery that I find the most difficult/challenging and extremely frustrating. Lol and I really want the Extravagant Saddle/Bridle. So I guess I will keep trying & failing until I eventually get it. Does anyone have any tips that could possibly help with this?

One thing to try is save your game before starting a new challenge. That way you can go back to that save if you need to try again. That way you do not lost weapons and arrows. Also maybe watch a YouTube video to get some ideas about the course and how to approach it. Good luck on getting your Extravagant Bridle and Saddle.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™

Real quick, the extravagant bridle and saddle are from the horseback gate jumping mini-game at the stable nearby the mounted archery camp, though I forget its exact name, but you get the soldier's bridle and saddle from the archery game.

Tips I could give: try using bows that tend to stay straight, such as the falcon bow, swallow bow, or even the great eagle bow (so any rito bow) if you really want to overkill it. The last cluster of balloons can be taken out by using a single bomb arrow, and typically jumping off your horse and going into bullet time gives you enough time to aim and fire. I'd recommend the bows I listed pretty heavily because they don't really drop down after being shot, and they also don't take the time to zoom in your aim like the phenric bow, so you're able to quickly get off your shots without giving up time for accuracy.

Other than that, just keep at it. It can be a tricky mini game, but hey, at least you'll be a pretty good shot afterwards.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Real quick, the extravagant bridle and saddle are from the horseback gate jumping mini-game at the stable nearby the mounted archery camp, though I forget its exact name, but you get the soldier's bridle and saddle from the archery game.

Tips I could give: try using bows that tend to stay straight, such as the falcon bow, swallow bow, or even the great eagle bow (so any rito bow) if you really want to overkill it. The last cluster of balloons can be taken out by using a single bomb arrow, and typically jumping off your horse and going into bullet time gives you enough time to aim and fire. I'd recommend the bows I listed pretty heavily because they don't really drop down after being shot, and they also don't take the time to zoom in your aim like the phenric bow, so you're able to quickly get off your shots without giving up time for accuracy.

Other than that, just keep at it. It can be a tricky mini game, but hey, at least you'll be a pretty good shot afterwards.

You could always use the bow you get from Akkala ancient lab

Hylian_Rebel

Soy un Perdedor
Thank you all so much.
And yes Shrooms you are correct. I got the names of the saddles and bridles mixed up. I'm sorry. Probably bc I only got the Extravagant Saddle and not the bridle from the gate jumping. (After a certain point and loads of rupees spent, they should eventually just let you buy those things lol)
I have been using Lynel bows and they help but I definitely need something with quickshot. So I'm going now to find those Rito bows lol
I had the ancient bow once and it was awesome. But I broke it and haven't yet replaced it. (Honestly I didn't even think about it) so thanks for the reminder.
You guys have been a big help

Hylian_Rebel

Soy un Perdedor
Just killed Monk Maz Koshia and got the Master Cycle of my new, 3 heart master mode file. It was pretty tough with the regen.

Congrats!
I envy you!
I bought the Expansion pass a few nights ago & haven't been able to add it. I can not get internet @ home. (I live to far out of any town) and my switch will not connect to McDonald's WiFi. Customer Service @ Nintendo told me I would have to do it from a Home Network. But guess who doesn't personally know anyone with internet at home? (Unless I drive for about 2 hrs..) I have been so frusrated I can't stand it. Knowing I have it & can't is it right now makes it so much worse. Lol

Sorry though, This is not an issue for anyone but me. & I don't mean/need to bring problems & negativity into people's achievements. So congratulations to you and to everyone else for every achievement you make. That's awesome.

ChaosxVariable

200 Praying Mantises in a Trenchcoat
Just started a new save recently and got to Kakariko to talk to Impa! Now I’m gonna be an idiot and storm the castle for items with 4 hearts and little else. Let’s hope I can slip past the Guardians and other enemies I’m not prepared for. :D

This save is probably gonna be the one I just mess around in tbh. I mostly started it so I could do the expansion/dlc stuff as I came across it since I’ve already beaten the game in my previous one.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I just tackled Vah Rudania. It was my third beast, leaving just Naboris left. I have 76 Shrines and 47 Korok Seeds. Earlier today though, I spent about 20 minutes trying to kill a Red lynel with nothing but a full arsenal of Torches. Somehow managed to get him down to about 1500 HP using a combination of Stasis+ and perfect dodges.

Once I increase my inventory space enough, I'm going to find more torches and try again.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Just got off the great plateau and am probably gonna grind shrines and seeds and head over to Naboris when I’m ready

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I finished the Champions Ballad and only have the Trial of the Sword left. Currently just filling up my Compendium because the trial keeps destroying my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom