• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What Are You Doing In BOTW?

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I spent as little time as possible in the Castle. Got the memory, beat Ganon, and left. I still haven't encountered a Hylian Shield. I got that picture for 100 rupees

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I spent as little time as possible in the Castle. Got the memory, beat Ganon, and left. I still haven't encountered a Hylian Shield. I got that picture for 100 rupees

You need to explore the castle more, the first time I went to the castle I tried to explore as much as possible of the interior as I could, looking for treasure, secrets, etc. I didn't explore it well enough, so there were still things left to find later on. I did not explore the exterior as much since I didn't want to get ganged up on by guardian beams, lol

RTW

Unbelievably, I'm still playing. Same game, going on 2 months soon. I've got all 120 shrines and am currently working on gathering materials to finish upgrades (e.g. hunted stealthfin trout for an hour this morning). I thought I was starting to get bored with it for a few days and then suddenly I'm all obsessed again. As long as you give yourself particular missions to follow (long after the sidequests are all complete) it's easy to keep playing because the world is just so fun. I think the last two things for me to do are to keep farming dragon parts (the hardest part of the game, for me, because of the dependence on timing) and play the endgame.

I'm also killing lynels. #notafraidanymore
In fact, I did NOT realize there are two lynels basically on top of each other in the N. Tabantha Snowfield. Yikes.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Unbelievably, I'm still playing. Same game, going on 2 months soon. I've got all 120 shrines and am currently working on gathering materials to finish upgrades (e.g. hunted stealthfin trout for an hour this morning). I thought I was starting to get bored with it for a few days and then suddenly I'm all obsessed again. As long as you give yourself particular missions to follow (long after the sidequests are all complete) it's easy to keep playing because the world is just so fun. I think the last two things for me to do are to keep farming dragon parts (the hardest part of the game, for me, because of the dependence on timing) and play the endgame.

I'm also killing lynels. #notafraidanymore
In fact, I did NOT realize there are two lynels basically on top of each other in the N. Tabantha Snowfield. Yikes.

3 actually, one is off more towards the hebra labyrinth one dead south of the shrine up there and one closer to the mountains

Current mission is taking the lynel on Ploymus Mountain to the Akkala Great Fairy Fountain. Was gonna do it tonight but I got lazy, so I'll take care of it tomorrow. Got everything all set up, so I'll jump right in when I play next time. Depending if I'm feeling up to it, and I wanna test my luck, I may also attempt taking him to Zora's Domain, or at least the edge of it. Doubtful, but I'm a professional at doing literally anything but the Divine Beasts like I'm "supposed" to be doing, so Zelda can suck it! I'm also gonna go take care of looking for more koroks. Closing in on 400; and will go around my map clearing up the rest of the ones I have marked so I can free up some stamps, and hopefully get another inventory upgrade.

RTW

I've decided I hate the dragons so I'm thinking about koroks. I feel like I've found a ton of them and have been almost everywhere and the count only seems to be in the mid 200s. I have no idea how there could possibly be 650 left to find and the game doesn't yet have any kind of locator for them.

Popular Korok hiding places:
- lifting stray rocks (on peaks, ledges, behind rock walls, etc.)
- matching cube puzzles
- diving circles
- pushing boulders in holes
- rotted tree stumps (usually with a ball and chain)
- yellow flower/white flower successions
- groups of flowers (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) successions
- completing rock shapes/patterns
- pinwheels
- other shooting balloons
- shootable acorns
- moving sparkles in water
- moving sparkles on land
- putting matching tributes before sets of idols

What am I missing? I've not figured out if Koroks result from doing something with
the rings of six stones sometimes found in water or the diamonds of 4 stone columns in water (though the latter often have a boulder/depression in the center hiding treasure).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom