• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What Are You Doing In BOTW?

RTW

I have 105 shrines. It's hard to believe there are still 15 more shrines hidden somewhere; I suppose next I'll start looking for blank spots on the map, but I've covered a lot of ground already. The only one I absolutely know about is
Eventide Island, from which I'm taking a break for a bit since I find it incredibly tedious.

I'm working on sidequests (though there are not many left in my adventure log). I haven't yet
caught the giant horse and I have a couple of fetch errands from Hyrule Castle, to which I've never been. And for the life of me I can't find a regular moblin club; they're all dragonbone or strengthened in some way, and the dumb kid in Hateno wants a plain one.

I killed my first 2 Lynels last night. I still don't like them and would prefer to avoid them but I need the parts. I'm going to go clobber the one at Lanayru East Gate simply because he was the first I ever met and he killed me like 100 times. I need revenge.

I'm still in shock that
Hudson married a Vai.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I have 105 shrines. It's hard to believe there are still 15 more shrines hidden somewhere; I suppose next I'll start looking for blank spots on the map, but I've covered a lot of ground already. The only one I absolutely know about is
Eventide Island, from which I'm taking a break for a bit since I find it incredibly tedious.
Actually it's very easy and less tough than it sounds.
You can drop some of your weapons and shields before you enter the island. Just leave it on the stones or raft. However keep in mind that if you make it and the Shrine appears, all items you'll have in your possession will be gone and your equipment will be the same as it was before you set foot on the island. So the items you dropped to use for fightings will be gone.
I'm working on sidequests (though there are not many left in my adventure log). I haven't yet
caught the giant horse and I have a couple of fetch errands from Hyrule Castle, to which I've never been. And for the life of me I can't find a regular moblin club; they're all dragonbone or strengthened in some way, and the dumb kid in Hateno wants a plain one.
Did you try returning to the Great Plateau? I run into plain clubs all the time :P. Or simply (if you took a picture of the club in the past) set it on your censor

RTW

Actually it's very easy and less tough than it sounds.
You can drop some of your weapons and shields before you enter the island. Just leave it on the stones or raft. However keep in mind that if you make it and the Shrine appears, all items you'll have in your possession will be gone and your equipment will be the same as it was before you set foot on the island. So the items you dropped to use for fightings will be gone.

I see. So you're saying I can plant things nearby to use, but will sacrifice them for the sake of the trial...?

Did you try returning to the Great Plateau? I run into plain clubs all the time :P. Or simply (if you took a picture of the club in the past) set it on your censor

I did the latter, and it's just silent all the time because apparently I'm never near one. But I haven't gone back to that area yet, so thanks for the tip!

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I see. So you're saying I can plant things nearby to use, but will sacrifice them for the sake of the trial...?

I did the latter, and it's just silent all the time because apparently I'm never near one. But I haven't gone back to that area yet, so thanks for the tip!
Yes, and you don't really need the most important or high damage weapons.
You only need a regular sword or spear. Just drop it on the raft before you set foot on the Island. You can pick it up right after the cutscene. The enemies you're going to face aren't that tough. Just some bokoblins and some moblins and a a couple of chuchus and octoroks. You'll be provided with some wooden weapons along the way. The toughest enemy will be the hinox. But he is easy to defeat with just bombs. Might take a bit longer but it's doable
You're welcome! Good luck! ;)

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
Since I have found all the shrines and filled my Compendium as much I can, I have mainly been hunting Korok seeds to max out my inventory. I already maxed out my bow stash, which leaves weapon stash that has three slots left and the shield stash that has four slots left. I went to Hyrule Castle to get pictures of rest of the Royal Guard weapons, which filled my compendium, expect few special endgame things plus Windblight Ganon, since I missed the chance to take picture of him.
Apart from collecting Korok seeds I really need to go and find some weapons. My inventory is only half full and most of it is the Royal Guard weapons that have low durability and break really fast. I also have at least three Windcleavers, which also have rather low durability. I don't have realiable weapon to use, since Master sword runs out of energy kinda fast and other weapons are not suitable fast striking.
And who knows, maybe I run into some funny and interesting stuff that I can take screenshots about.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Finally beat my first Lynel in a fair battle. Man that was so much fun! I'm going to hunt some more. I need a lot of their stuff to upgrade my gear plus I need to hunt for better weapons too!

RTW

Finally beat my first Lynel in a fair battle. Man that was so much fun! I'm going to hunt some more. I need a lot of their stuff to upgrade my gear plus I need to hunt for better weapons too!
I just beat my first two (last night and this morning). Both had zebra stripes, but one I think was a "red" Lynel and the other a "white" Lynel. The white seemed much, much harder to beat and the fight depleted almost all of my resources: Mipha's grace, fairies, hearty meals, many of my weapons. But I think now if you go into it knowing that you're going to deplete all these things, obviously you can spend the few minutes getting them all back in the aftermath. I'm not so worried about them killing me anymore (I used to run like hell when I saw them). I think the best advice with Lynels is to get the **** out of the way when you see them charging, then turn around and beat them in the split second they hesitate before spinning back toward you.

GFE

After finally getting true 100% and without an idea for what to do next, I found a minecart and a metal chest and started trying out the "Mario Kart" glitch I'd read about. Controlling takes some getting used to, but it's fun to run over bokoblins in a minecart!

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
After finally getting true 100% and without an idea for what to do next, I found a minecart and a metal chest and started trying out the "Mario Kart" glitch I'd read about. Controlling takes some getting used to, but it's fun to run over bokoblins in a minecart!

do you mean map completion or Player completion?

GFE

Congrats and good luck! Using the upgraded version of Stasis is my best friend when fighting Lynels, and getting perfect dodges feels so good!

GFE

do you mean map completion or Player completion?

I assume it would be Player completion. I've completed all quests, map 100% (Koroks, locations, shrines, etc.), compendium, all armor w/ all upgrades and horse gear, all shrines w/ all shrine chests, etc. I couldn't think of anything else or find anything else online to collect/do. I've always been sort of a completionist. I will admit that I used a map I found online to help find all those Koroks though! That part was crazy.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I assume it would be Player completion. I've completed all quests, map 100% (Koroks, locations, shrines, etc.), compendium, all armor w/ all upgrades and horse gear, all shrines w/ all shrine chests, etc. I couldn't think of anything else or find anything else online to collect/do. I've always been sort of a completionist. I will admit that I used a map I found online to help find all those Koroks though! That part was crazy.

sweet jesus, nicely done ^^

GFE

Thanks, it only took around 200 hours of casual gameplay:time:! I just didn't want the game to end and can't wait for the DLC.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
There are too many shrine quests. I miss looking for shrines, not looking for people to give me a riddle.
I have exactly 80 shrines, a billion unsolved shrine quests I don't want to do, and a sinking feeling there are no more spottable ones.

GFE

There are too many shrine quests. I miss looking for shrines, not looking for people to give me a riddle.
I have exactly 80 shrines, a billion unsolved shrine quests I don't want to do, and a sinking feeling there are no more spottable ones.

I know the feeling of being worried that there are no more spottable ones. On the positive side, some of the shrine quests can be completed without ever getting the quest, and if you find one of those shrine quest circles (I don't know what else to call them) on the ground and don't know what to do, usually the quest-giver is either nearby or in the closest village. I know there were a few that were hardly spottable and not even quest related. Good luck on your hunt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom