• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What Are You Better At, Puzzles or Combat?

Puzzles or Combat?

• Puzzles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Combat

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I think we have established that the latter games in the franchise fall on the easy side but that doesn't mean they don't have challenging elements. However, this thread takes into account all of the games in the franchise.

I would think that the two aspects that implement the most challenge would be, combat and puzzles. Even though they tend to differ from game to game, what would you say you're better at overall?

Last edited:
Combat all the way, i often wish Zelda was less puzzle orientated becuase i get hung up quite a lot especially in dungeons like looking up in Arbiter's grounds after rotating the room.....

Seeing as I like Oracle of Ages better than Seasons, I'd have to go with puzzles. Thinking and solving a problem satisfies me more than clearing out a room.

MW7

I highly prefer puzzles to combat, but I'm better at combat generally. I can do a 3 heart run of any of the 3d games easily, and even the "hard" parts of combat aren't difficult imo. The hardest puzzles do challenge me though. For instance I've played through Twilight Princess several times and the statue puzzle still takes me a while. In general I think the puzzles in Zelda games are too easy, but the combat is relatively easier still. Part of this is the fact that combat in Zelda games generally is just an extremely simple puzzle.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I love the feeling of satisfaction after beating puzzles, though on average, I'm probably better at combat. I enjoy fighting enemies and trying to beat them using new techniques.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
As far as Zelda is concerned, I'm better at combat than puzzles, prefer combat over puzzles, and desire stronger combat before stronger puzzles. HOWEVER, I still try to treat them equally...it's just that if I suggest puzzles, then I'll already know how to solve them! xD

But combat isn't so simple in my long history of video games. ;)

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
What am I better at? I'd say I'm pretty proficient at both. I like combat in Zelda, but I also like the puzzles. Being fairly good at both has proven to be beneficial in many cases.

Which do I prefer more? Hmmm, that's a little more difficult to answer. I like the combat in Zelda a lot, but I also think the puzzles are equally enjoyable. But if I had to choose one, I'd choose the combat. I like fighting enemies more than I do solving puzzles. :yes:

Big Octo

=^)
Although I'm fairly proficient in combat, I enjoy doing puzzles more. Combat is more frequent and easier to get a grip on. Puzzles, however, aren't seen as often and provide different forms of challenge each time. This is what I enjoy. Ask for my skill for them, I would say I'm fairly good at them.

I like combat more. I just love going into hordes of monsters and using my spin attack and knock them down! I also love the puzzles though. The puzzles are one of the things that the Zelda games need to keep in their games. It's part of the formula.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Combat.

I'm just too lazy and unmotivated to figure out puzzles.

I'm not very go at combat though because my strategy is to just spam them with hits and I get hit a lot in the process.

ThrawnTheater

Hylian Grand Admiral
Combat. Better at it than puzzles, and prefer it more. My favorite Zelda games are OoT, LttP, AoL, and SS, so I guess that sorta makes sense. Since I do enjoy combat in Zelda so much, I really enjoy challenge quests, although I've only done a LttP minimalist run, and an OoT 3 heart.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Although I prefer puzzle more, I'm probably better at combat. Just because the combat is probably the easiest part of the game. Although not to say I'm bad at puzzles though, I'd say they are pretty close for me. I'm good at puzzled, but better at combat.

Clank

Hmm
Combat all the way, I am so bad at most puzzles that I usually end up using a walkthrough...However combat is a different story, Cave of Ordeals, first try and it was epic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom