• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are You Afraid Of?

I'm afraid of losing someone who is close to me. Death is scary to me.

I am also very afraid of bugs, especially spiders and scorpions. I used to live in Florida, and Fl had both. Large spiders, scorpions, and big cockroaches. I shiver just thinking about them! The spiders in TP are so real-looking that i always 'eeek' when i see them!

x-Link-x

c o u r a g e ;
I am afraid of going blind.
My eyes aren't that good as it is and some doctors say that perhaps with time, they will get worse; eventually I might go blind. If that was ever to happen, all jokes and other bs to the side, I wouldn't hesitate to end my life.
Too much revolves around my ability to see for me to live without it.

EponaOwns

The Real Master of Epona
honestly i'm afraid of dolls... yeah i get so freaked out when i'm around dolls. i can't look at them, i can't get close to them, i dont want them touching me, crap i'm already freaking out at just the thought of dolls!!! someone save me!

whether they be porcealin or stuffed or barbies.

stuffed animals are fine but if it is in the figure if a baby or little girl or boy then keep it away PLZ!

Me too! I have some old ones up in my closet and when I have to get something they just stare at me. I'm also afraid of and "game" or video that has a face pop out at you. One good one would be The Maze Game. That is hy whenever I am on youtube I always look at the rating. If the rating is low I look at the length of the video and if it is short I look at the comments. Had a few encounters where a face could pop out at me.

Oathkeeper95

The Oath of Kinbaku, Tzion, Terra, and Iscariot.
Im not completely sure what i am afraid of. You see i kinda find it hard to get in touch with some of my feelings and why i feel them. For instance I might have this one teacher and for some reason i instantly dislike them, and i cant figure out why.

Anyway, Ill try to see what i can come up with but im going to have to tink a little bit......................................ok i think i got it.

Most of my fears are basically regular fears that any person would have depending on the situation. If I were standing next to ,say, the Grand Canyon then of course i would be a little afraid of falling over. Or if i just saw a scary movie and im walking down the street im scared of Jason running up out of nowhere and chasing me. Or if im swimming in the middle of a lake ten i would be a teensy bit afraid of Jason springing out the water and sticking a knife in my head. Yeah , i know, curse my overactive imagination.

I dont exactly have any normal fears though, except for my fear of rollercoasters, which i am trying to get over.

I guess i can relate to Caleb and Zeruda, because I am kinda fearful of looking stupid in front of people and im scared of zombies in a sense. You know whenever theres a zombie movie that theres usually one person or a small group of people who are not infected yet so they must hide/ hold down the fort and they are all alone and are in a constant run for their lives. Yeah, i would hate to be one of those guys. Its not really the zombie thing but its the run for your lives. Your constant hiding and running and if you screw up, even a little bit, your dead. The adrenalie rush, your heart going a hundred miles an hour, your stomach doing backflips, uh i hate it.

i am terrified of heights. i remember i was at notts and i got on that ride that spirals to the top and waits a lil while so can see the park and my freinds kept on moving and i was so scared i had to close my eyes and tell my freinds so sit still and shut up. lol then they tryind to get me on supreme scream (i think thats what it was called)

Cyrus Skyray

Gwladgarwr Tra Mad
I have the generic fear of hights, but this is not so much me being up in a high place, but rather other people being near edges (like on top of a staircase), where I feel a compulsion to pull them away before they fall.

I also have an irrational hatred of Crane Flies ("Daddy long legs" as they're more commonly known), and I tend to kill them whenever I see one, but I don't mind other flying insects.

D

dark-link

mine is a combination of 3 things
-silence
-darkness
-loneliness

R

ResidentZelda

I'm Extremely terrified of Spiders, when I was around 5 and below I was completely OK with them but my phobia started when I was 8 and I was looking for a Barbie (XD) in my toy box I got bitten by a venenous (non lethal) spider, when I took out my hand there was the spider still atached to it *twich* and I was taken to the doctor with my hand as big as a soccer ball :/ the pain was excrutiating.

Another one of my fears is Water, Everything started when I was 3 and I was invited to my best friend's birthday and it was a pool party so I went to the pool to the deep side and I looked a bunch of people swiming there so I tought it was the shallow side so then without thinking I just jumped in and I started drowning until my mom came running and saved me. Don't even want to a NEAR a pool anymore :/

That's it :/ I'm also a little afraid of the dark but it doesn't desserve a story lol XD

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Well, I am afraid of two things sometimes.
I'm afraid I've water and heights. I'll talk about water first.

I am not really afraid of water, but I am slightly scared of deep water, since I've almost drowned many times, and my short height doesn't help me stay above the water. Other than that, I love splashing around in the water with my friends, but I get a little serious when somebody pretends/tries to dunk me or push me into deep or unsafe water, which really annoys people most of the time. But, if there were to say be a girl I really like, or somebody I wouldn't want to see me scared, I'd act natural and try not be scared. :P

Onto the next one, I am slightly afraid of heights. This is because I'm timid, and afraid I might fall, or, if I'm standing on a high building with people I barely know or silly people. I usually have a fear of them being stupid and trying (or again, pretending to) push me. When I went on a school camp once, I had to do seiling (can't really remember what it's specific/real name was), where I had to use a rope and climb down an extremely high building. I was actually scared at first, but all the ropes and extra security kept me going and it turned out to be quite easy and fast. Again, like with water, if a person I wouldn't want to see me scared, I'd act brave and whatnot. :P

Well, I guess that concludes my long "speech". But as I get older, my fear of these things are getting better and better. In the long run though, I'm not extremely scared of either of these things, but I couldn't really think of anything that I am extremely scared of. ^^

I'm terrified of heights to sometimes
I'm affraid of just having utterly no control of my actions, and tumbling over the edge, Once on a school trip, we went to this place (can't remember what it was called) and we had to abseil of the side of this huge stone outcrop.
I desperatley attempted to do it, I could hear my rational mind saying "Don't worry! you'll be fine!" while my imagination was saying "OMG you're totally gonna fall and die!!!" I decided to do it, but then, one of the ropes which was holding me, losened a little and i felt myself falling backwards! I couldnt grab anything, so i was utterly terrified! I let my fear get the better of me...and i got off...i've regretted letting it win over me... It's not the height itself that scares me, it's the thought of falling off, mainly if i can't see where i'm falling to (like if i'm standing backwards), i always try to be brave, but sometimes it's hard.

A couple of months later, my school returned to the place for the day, and I completed the abseil! i felt so proud that i had finally conquered my fear!

I also have a fear of rollercoasters, not the height, but the thought of falling out, cause i'm not strapped in properly! Recently, My school went on a trip to a theme park (for the end of the year) and i tried to go on the rollercoaster.
as the man strapped us in, i felt increasingly anxious, then, it started. I finished the ride, and realised that it wasn't that scary! But..i still refused to go on the huge ones with my friends.

I'm terrified of losing my sight, hearing, or mobility, I'm generally healthy, with good sight and hearing, but i'm terrified to lose them.

Other than these, i 'm not afraid of bugs or scary movies, but my imagination can blow things ot of proportion (stupid over active imagination!).
Thats the end of my post (that is more like a story:) )!

Last edited:

KrazyKyuubi

OH SNAPPLE
Narnia...And sometimes Pocket Asian's box
I'm afraid of a lot of things. mostly when we drive over bridges, i just always think it's going to give away a kill all of us! i can't swim, and i've always been afraid of drowning... and canyons. i could never go to the grand canyon. i'd probably fall into it considering how clumsy i am. i've also always been afraid of how i'm going to die. am i going to go peacefully, am i going to get murdered, am i going to fall into the grand canyon (see point 3.), am i going to drown? i need to get a hold of myself so i don't have a nervous breakdown.:hmm:

D

Deleted member 121

The only thing I'm truly afraid of is heights. I can't stand being up high. Especially if I can see how high up I am. Like standing on small bridges and such, I tend to freeze up. When I went to Germany, there was a castle I went to go see, and there's a bridge you can stand on to take very scenic pictures. I could barely walk on it I was so scared.

Other than that alot of things cause me anxiety, but I'm not exactly afraid of them.

Zombies type games (i.e. resident evil) are hard for me to play cuz I'll get scared, I usually have to pause for a moment when something startles me so I can calm my nerves.

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
Well, I have claustrophobia, and thats one of my biggest fears. Just to have thoughts about being closed in too much makes me shiver. I'm afraid of my health, I'm always afraid that I have some kind of sickness when I really don't, and I have a mild case of anxiety, so I get used to being worried and afraid about small things. most people are afraid of heights, and bugs, but Im not afraid of either. But I do have a common fear which is the dark, I can sleep in the dark I just find it hard. I just have one more fear and thats presenting speech's, or projects, to my class I get very nervous.

Len

Zelda On Paper
drown at the bottom of the ocean i can say, its really creepy to think about how dark and bottomless is the ocean, brrrr, i can,t even think about it.

... and heights... can,t say by heights, i,ve allready beat that, how? well its simple, the reason about feeling scared of that its because you think too much about what its going to happend to you, (unless you,re walking in a slipy surface, then you can worry about it) i,ve hardly try to control my fears but its allmost imposible to do, its like you,re attached to something you can,t get rid of, when im at a certain floor, i don,t look how far i am from the floor, its a little hard because there will be allways strong winds blowing at high heights,the way i am controling my fears is to examinate what im fearing of, then i try to find a solution to that fear, and when i face my fear, i know what to do, thats the way i do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

NarutoAngel221

I have lots of things that are afraid of like Snakes, Spiders , Close and Dark place and also I am afraid of so many things now

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom