• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are You Afraid Of?

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I have an intense fear of Doctors, Dentists, Orthodontists and anything medical. I cannot go, I just can't. Every time I think about it it feels like I'm going to go insane or die. I usually hyperventilate to pass out to escape from it. I don't know why I have this behavior, I cannot recall any trauma, but I think there may be suppressed bad memories. When I get needles at school I don't even get upset. I also have Hypochondria the fear of having an illness because that means I have to go to a hospital.

I don't want to write anymore because it's making me upset.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
Well, I used to be deathly afraid of needles... Found out I was a type 1 diabetic a few months ago. So I have to use needles every day now. xP I remember always thinking to myself, "Gee, I'm glad i'm not a diabetic. that'd really suck. But I don't have to worry about that."

As of now, I probably have two major fears. The top one would have to be ketchup. I'm not kidding. Scares the living shiz out of me, and makes me sick. The other would be losing my job. That would really suck.

Edit: Heh, remembered a few more. I hate heights. But I can deal with that one. And crickets. We have a pet gecko, and he eats crickets. They're nasty little buggers, they smell like crap, and they got out of thecage last night. So I got to spend about an hour picking up crickets, because they got all over the house. :<

Last edited:
I'm afraid of going to Hell when I die, I get a little bit frightened when I'm in the dark, and I'm scared of spiders.
I already know when I die I'm going to hell, so no fear there. ^-^''

The top one would have to be ketchup. I'm not kidding. Scares the living shiz out of me, and makes me sick.

Amen, I agree with you so much on that.

My biggest fear? Porta-potty's. Not funny, it's true stuff here. D:
Long story shorened:
I was working at my job atSummer Camp, so our age group, 10 + boy's and girls, went on a hiking trip.
See, me having a small bladder during the time, very horrible because I had to go. So, there it was, a death trap of stankiness.
I went in, locked the door behind me, I looked down, I was disgusted- lady panties on the floor, used condom, and liquid's everwhere. I wantec out. But, I couldn't, a bee was blocking my way out. (I'm highly allergicto bee's)
So, that be scared me, I fell backward's and landed on everything. I was grossed out, I ran out, and started to wimper because of that. Oh the pain and embarassment. :(

Moon.Flower

I'm the crazy chicken. ;)
Mold floating in anything. SO disgusting. It freaks me out so much I got the chills just writing that. Rollercoasters. Snakes. *shudders*

navi_the_fairy

Spirit of the Forest
OH MY GOSH SPIDERS!!!!!!!
I really don't mind any other bugs (yes I know they're technically arachnids, not bugs, but I'm lumping them in there anyway lol).

I also am really scared of fire.
Ever since I was little I've had really long hair and I've always been paranoid that it's going to catch on fire. That paranoia developed into the fear of fire that I have today.

P

princess_zelda

My number one fear would have to be car accidents, I've been in a few minor ones (as a passenger) and they just scare the living daylights out of me. I feel like I'm going to be in a brutal car wreck someday, I imagine it all the time, worst feeling ! I hate being on busy streets/highways, I just cannot trust other drivers. I also don't like crossing busy streets, even at crosswalks, because again I just don't trust other drivers.

Another one, is injuries on other people, especially if they're bleeding. I'm fine if it's me who gets a cut, but someone else and my stomach is in knots if I see their blood. Other injuries like broken bones and whatnot, thankfully I've never witnessed them up close, just the thought makes me shudder though.

Lastly, this is a new one I've developed, due to one bad experience. I decided to donate blood, and I had trouble my first few times 'cause my veins were hard for the nurses to get (they're small apparently? Didn't even know such a thing was possible), but after a few times going I managed to donate. Recently I went to give again, and they finally got the needle in after trying forever, so I was sitting there waiting to fill my bag and whatnot, chatting with the people around me. I suddenly go veery sick to my stomach and dizzy, like the whole room was spinning, it was veery scary ! So thanks to that experience I now have a fear of giving blood or getting blood work done. Which actually makes me very sad because donating blood is something I think everyone should do if they can. Sorry for the rambling explaination, and I wouldn't wanna discourage anyone who reads this from donating blood, I'm just a very small person, that's why I had an experience like I did, it is very rare for it to happen so don't let my story scare you off!

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
the phobias that i think i have are

Apiphobia (fear of bees) i freak out whenever i see one around me especially since i am allergic to them.

mild Glossophobia (fear of public speaking) especially in front of crowds of 20 or 30 +

other than those two phobias, i am not aware of any other ones that i have at least not at this time in my life

Elvenknight

HyrulianBlackcat
To tell the truth, I don't know what I'm scared of. I used to be scared of swimming because I was afraid there were sharks in the pool. Then I was scared of thunder. I can't remember any other fears I had, but I don't know any I currently have, except maybe my imagination. That thing can drive me nuts.

SamuRaichu

ICE CREAM IS DELICIOUS.
Basically, umm, everything scary, but not heights.
yeah... i do not have the TRI4SE of courage.

I am really timid, but really social.

i am afraid of....
Heights:
we are all born with this fear only the courageous get over it
Dying:
once again we are born with this fear that is why we have created religion to get over this fear(i don't want to get into that argument)
Fire:
when i was a kid i burnt myself on a woodstove and i won't go near fire anymore unless i have to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom