• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are You Afraid Of?

For the past couple years, all my nightmares have either been about the police or car insurance. I don't know why. At least, not for the latter. Im not sure what imafraid of though. Stuff that could potentially hurt me?

Nuclear War and mighty forces of nature.

Strange, because where I live is in practically zero of danger of either of these. North Idaho doesn't have any natural disasters and anybody trying to wage nuclear war on us wouldn't target such a small population area.

My greatest fear is being shot, not necessarily dying, but being shot either while in my future career, or just doing a day to day event.

AllieHaxorNova

Nine Tailed Hannya.
My fear is death...... yet i feel like i want to die but it still scary after all..... because you never know if you will go to heaven or hell....

I read few some of these and it made me realise how much I'm actually afraid of... hmm... here's a few that come to mind.

Maskaphobia - You guessed it... a fear of masks... more so people in masks than just the mask itself. Always made me feel a bit uncomfortable because you can't be sure who is behind it... but it got worse about 5 years ago when I got mugged by a gang wearing Scream masks and subsequently had seven shades beaten out of me with a baseball bat...

Acrophobia - Fear of heights. I'm okay if I feel safe. I fly fairly often because my mum lives in the US, whereas I live in the UK. But climbing ladders and stuff... no. Not happening.

Entomophobia - Fear of insects. That's probably a bit brought because I'm only really afraid of specific insects... those being crane flies and moths. I don't really like any insect and that being on me but I especially can't sleep if I know there is a moth or a crane fly in the room.

Arachnophobia - Fear of spiders. I can just about handle the really little tiny ones... as long as they're not on me. But anything bigger than inch or so I can't sleep until its gone or I will have to keep my eye on it so I know where it is at all times.

Eremophobia - Fear of loneliness... which is an odd one because I am quite a recluse. I don't particularly spend much time outside of the house and I live with three friends of mine and I tend to stay in my room on my own a lot of the time. I think this is more to do with growing old alone... not finding that someone to spend my life with.

Kakorrhaphiophobia - Fear of failure... I constantly worry that I'm letting my family down and that I'm not good enough. Also, I constantly fear that I won't be good enough for whoever I end up with, so its probably linked to the last one.

Misanthropy - Not so much a fear... well, not a fear at all. I generally have a disliking and a distrust for people in general. I'm a firm believer that if someone can hurt you or let you down, they probably will. I don't trust anyone... not really even my own parents. Hmm...

So there you go... lots of stuff.

I grew up in midwestern/southern United States, so I was pretty terrified of tornadoes growing up. Seems like we went through three tornado warnings every month.

Pen

The game is on!
No matter how long I think about it I can only come up with one thing that I'm terrified of. BIRDS! Well, big birds, such as GEESE, EAGLES, FALCONS and CUCCOS (I even have nightmares about them). But the BIRDS that scare me most of all are the SEAGULLS! I was attacked by a SEAGULL ones, it was terrible! And especially this time of the year, when they fly around all over the place, guarding their babies. If you accidentally walk a little to close to the babies the parents go mad! They scream really loud and most of them will attack you!
So yeah, I really am terrified of SEAGULLS! D:

(So I find it pretty ironic that my favorite Zelda character Komali, is a bird man!)

Last edited:
T

TriFry

I'm really afraid of being eaten alive. I'm more afraid of being eaten alive by an unknown creature while submerged in pitch black water because I'll have no idea what's eating me D':

That and a zombie apacolypse.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I'm not really afraid of anything. I'm okay with bugs, small spaces, and especially heights. I actually like heights. I love climbing on stuff. The only thing I've ever been afraid of was the dark but that ended about 5 years ago.

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!
Losing my twin brother, DLC. if my whole family died and I could only choose one person to live, it would be DLC. I could not live without him. literally. He is the one friend I can always rely on. Not only the fact he's my best friend, but because everyone would hate me, because they would rather me died than him.
Also, I have the fear of embarrassing myself infront of girls.I can never even have a conversation without stuttering. I'm always worried I'll screw up something and embarass myself infront of them. :(

And Komali, it's strange ur afraid of birds when your name is after a bird-type-thing?

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
A scene I saw in a movie once, A Clockwork Orange, yes, that was the movie.

There was a scene where the main character started to make weird faces in front of a mirror, I don't even wanna know what he was doing. Then, his thoughts are clearly seen in quick flashbacks. Explosions, a bearded (?) wife being hung from her neck, and a vampire (actually, it's him with fangs)... I don't wanna go into any more detail than that, actually. I still try to erase that image from my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom