• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are You Afraid Of?

101hylainDin

I'm just MLG like that.
In that box at the other end of the hallway.
Fears

Not to push any buttons or anything, (:dry:) but what's your greatest fear? don't post pics cause it might be someone else's fear. mine is spiders, yet, i was able to get through TP, and i bearly even screamed!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6224

minor cloastrophobia
and im afraid of chucky and the dark when im aloni
always think of my family
dieing and it makes me cry and i cant stop it

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I have an obsessive-compulsive fear of germs, which had been very severe, but I've made remarkable progress through Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. I could talk about that for hours, but I'll spare you the fun. ^^

I'm also terrified of Like-Likes, for an unknown reason, particularly the Ocarina of Time ones; it's something with the way they move and try to inhale you -- other than that, I'm not entirely sure. The worst example is from the Beneath the Well mini-dungeon:

I'm just walking casually by, not noticing that the wall to the left of me is in fact a grate, and not a wall; I can't see it because my camera is not facing that way. Unbeknownst to me, there is a Like-Like behind that grate. So, I'm walking by, and Link starts to slide towards the left for some reason. I rotate the camera, and there is a Like-Like sucking at me from the other side of the grate, pulling me towards it, and it's covering up about the entire screen. I try everything I can to kill it and make it stop, but nothing I have can hit it, because it's protected by the grate, so I can't stop it. And it's the sucking motion that scares me in particular. After pushing the analog stick as hard as I can, I make it away after a few seconds.
Ever since that, I've been terrified by Like-Likes. That is probably the origin.

Also, I'm kind of creeped out by slugs and snails. Maybe it's just slimy, flaccid things, then. :yuck:

Austin

Austin
Bugs and spiders and creepy stuff like that. I can't stand them. Spiders in particular, I have this huge irrational fear of them. Although I'm not usually disturbed very easily, if I'm made aware of the fact that a spider is in the room I'll leave it no matter what the situation is. I still have to call my parents in if I find a spider or a large insect in my room. It's a bit embarrasing. :S

I also have OCD but the fears associated with that are difficult to explain. Essentially, if I don't fulfill whatever urge comes into my mind I feel extremely miserable and anxious. I've had many people tell me to "just shake it off" but it simply can't be done. I can't get that incessant feeling out of my head unless I complete the ritual. These days, I just feel the urge to wash my hands every half hour or so, but it was literally driving me insane when it was at its worst earlier this year.

When I was younger I was horribly afraid of people and crowds, but I've managed to greatly improve on that. These days, I don't very much like crowds or social interaction with people I'm not familiar with, but I don't feel fear.

Diablo

King of Redeads
I'm afraid of serial killers. I used to not be but I kept watched this show on tv about them and it scared the crap out of me.

I'm afraid that one of these days, the things that go through my mind will one day come true. When certain events happen, I always think in worst-case scenarios. An example: maybe around February, I can't remember what month, but I think it was still a winter month, we had a terrible thunderstorm. There is a tree in the front yard of my house. I kept imagining that the tree would get struck by lightning, catch fire, then fall on top of my house. My room is the closest to that tree, so I also thought that it may kill me if the above did happen.
Another is that recently my parents celebrated their anniversary at Universal Studios. I kept thinking that they might die in some bizarre accident, or murdered.
I probably have a lot more examples, but I'll spare you guys from any more.

Another thing I am afraid of is water. I'm not that great a swimmer, but I am still able to manage on my own without any of those safety devices. What worries me the most, though, is that I cannot tread water.

Last, but not least, I am afraid of cockroaches or anything that looks like them. I just can't stand the way they look, and I will have to call one of my parents to kill them every time I see one. What I don't like is the fact that cockroaches have wings and can fly. Luckily, I haven't experienced a roach flying straight toward me... yet...

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
PJDEP, I'll try and explain Cognitive Behavioural Therapy as best as I can; it really, really helps. Whenever you have an irrational, obsessive-compulsive thought, force yourself to rationalize the repercussions of not doing the ritual, and just try to combat the anxiety with logic, and just don't do the ritual. You have to constantly remind yourself that the effects of avoiding the ritual are negligible. It won't feel like it's working, because it's a very long-term process. I'm sure it sounds silly, but it actually reshapes the neurological structure of your brain, such that the appropriate neural pathways are adjusted to reduce obsessive-compulsive thoughts and anxiety.

Hannah

Milk was a bad idea.
THE DARK. Chucky /: bugs & creepy crawlies. Snakes. Bridges. Suicide. Car accidents. Blood. Bad injuries. Compoud fractures. So much. I'm scared of practically everything.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I have a major fear of public speaking. I have troubles with it because when I'm nervous I have troubles speaking. Not because I don't want to but because I literally can't talk properly. My voice goes realy chalky and whispery. I start to worry that it'll happen which makes me nervous which actually CAUSES it to happen. I often to presentations in front of just my teacher when all the rest of the class has gone. I hate it so much. :(

I have a pretty serious arachnophobia. If I get into the shower and I see a spider, I get out of the shower and get my mom to kill it. :$ If I try, it takes about 15 minutes to actually exterminate the beast. Then for about the next month or so, I'm so worried that there's a spider in the shower and it's all I can think about. Actually it's pretty much all creepy crawlies.. not just spiders..

I have a fear of meeting new people. Kind of the same reason as public speaking.

I have a terrible fear of big dogs and big animals.

This one's a bit weird but.. Eminem. Whenever I hear his music or see a picture of him I get terrified. This is not a joke.. Maybe it relates to something from my childhood? Idk..

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Im scared of hights/ looking up at tall things. Not tall things like my sister's friend who's 6foot something, but things like Big Ben, spires e.t.c. I'm also scared of other peoplr getting hurt.
And the dark. IDK why, but whenever i go into a pitch black room, i shut my eyes, puff out my chest and reach in for the light switch.
Going into town at night creeps me and makes me feel nervous.
Finally gibdos and ReDeads. They scare the heebies out of me. Ever since i saw one on TP, i wished to never see one again. But now im stuck on MM 'cause i can't get past the gibdos in Inkana.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom