• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What are/were your dream jobs?

Cfrock

Keep it strong
When I was a kid I had this VHS tape about Nintendo that was hosted by Craig Charles (from Red Dwarf). I don't remember how we got it, but there's a bit where he talks to a guy who works for a game hints hotline. A hotline, for those of you born after 2002, was what we did before the internet if we were stuck on a game. You'd call the hotline and some dude on the other end of the line would tell you what to do.

Anyway, that was my dream job for years, ahaha. To be a video game hotline operator. Lofty, I know.

"He actually gets paid to play video games. It's like he's died and gone to heaven." I remember him saying that so much, lol.

PS
Turns out the video was uploaded to Youtube, lmao. I am dying in nostalgia right now, holy ****

I always wanted to be an entrepreneur an start my own business. I created a website for my online business and I found info on https certificate about SSL certificate. It offers visual proof of the security provided by the website and helps to protect user's data. That's very important these days. Hope I'll attract more customers in the near future.

Last edited:
I've been really lucky/blessed in this arena, because I used to do one of my dream jobs (acting) full time, and am currently studying to get licensed for another dream job (teaching). Granted, the acting was a full time volunteer where I basically got paid in room and board, but I did get to travel a lot.

When I was in 1st grade, the local newspaper came and asked all of us what our dream job was, and I answered "comic book proof reader". When I was seven, I could not imagine anything better than getting paid to read comics, before anyone else got to read them!

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
When I was really little I wanted to be a scientist, but then that requires tons of schooling so I wanted to work with animals, now I want to be a game developer.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
My top 3 jobs as a kid were author, chef or lawyer. Came closest to going for chef, but lost my motivation along the way when I did a work experience week. Thankfully I didn’t end up with any of those jobs because it allowed me to get the current job that I have which I don’t think I ever want to leave.

Ninja

Well well well
Being half Asian, my father kept pushing doctor on me. Surgeon to be specific.

Honestly, my dream job, is unconventional. I plan to be mortgage free in 8-10 years. Once I do that, my preferred job will be just something part time with tips. By that time I’ll have enough put in retirement to be financially secure for life, and without a house payment we will be able to travel and just enjoy life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom