• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What are/were your dream jobs?

What jobs did you dream of having when you were younger/currently dram of having?

Personally, in my mid/late childhood up until I was roughly 15, when reality blind sighted me and kicked me in the shins,after my 2nd fight against cancer and right after I was diagnosed with Leukemia, my 3rd fight, I really wanted to be a game tester. Didn't matter if it was an Alpha Tester, or a Beta, I wanted to work at Nintendo. Shortly after my first fight, I got into a MMO franchise called Guild Wars, about halfway into my second battle, I strongly considered working at Arena Net, the company behind GW/GW2, as aback up.

What jobs did you dream of having when you were younger/currently dram of having?

Personally, in my mid/late childhood up until I was roughly 15, when reality blind sighted me and kicked me in the shins,after my 2nd fight against cancer and right after I was diagnosed with Leukemia, my 3rd fight, I really wanted to be a game tester. Didn't matter if it was an Alpha Tester, or a Beta, I wanted to work at Nintendo. Shortly after my first fight, I got into a MMO franchise called Guild Wars, about halfway into my second battle, I strongly considered working at Arena Net, the company behind GW/GW2, as aback up.

Wow, you've been through a lot :hug:

I want to be a writer. I'm not sure if that counts as a proper job, but as long as I could make enough to live comfortably I'd be very happy.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I would like to be a few things

One thing that I have wanted to be since I was little was to be an artist. To draw for people and sell my art. Show it off on YouTube, and possibly becoming a famous art creator ❤

Another thing is an author. I would love to write best-selling novels, and graphic novels too!

Also, a vet, and a youtuber

EDIT

Ooh, almost forgot! I would really, really want to work at a zoo! Seeing all kinds of animals every single day would be amazing!

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I wanted to be a vet but then yoid have to put down poorly animals....and clean the doodoo...

Magolor04726

Hum dee doo
Writing seems like the best option for me out of the three... I'm probably also going to learn how to play a lot of instruments too... as for the game thing, that probably won't happen unless my books and comics I do with my brother get really popular, then we hope to make a game based on them.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
1. Musician.
2. Paleontologist.

My current goal is to be in the best heavy metal band (power metal is what we play), while digging up fossils for scientific analysis. Yes, I changed majors. :)

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I think my dreams have changed a lot over the years. When I was younger I was always decent at art, so I wanted to be an artist. At one point I wanted to be a musician, but I never became particularly good with any instrument. I also always thought it'd be awesome to become a Game Developer, but programming wasn't something I ended up trying to grasp.

When I was in High School, I started making short films with a friend of mine, so during that time I started to have aspirations to pursue a career in film. Nothing came of it.

Where I'm sitting at now is I'd be happy to just be a journalist and perhaps write a novel, and make ends meet that way.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I love gears so I had to go Mechanical Engineering because that's how it works RIGHT

I kinda always wanted to give a CSI career a shot, the dream still kinda alive since my on-going degree in engineering can usually help getting there.
I seriously considered majoring psychology for the longest time but I kinda gave up, not sure why. I guess it's because people kinda always mocked me when I mentioned it since I seem a bit bonkers; and my insecurities about not being able to deal with my own inner issues the way I'd like to.
Also had a bit of fun considering culinary but since it was more of a hobby than a real talent or passion it never really took off.

Minor and/or unrealistic ones that I didn't seriously consider much included a career in Law, Game Design, Math, Pedagogy, or as an Info Dealer.
lmfao

When I was younger being a chef was all I wanted to do & remained that way until I ended up working in a couple of different restaurants. Then I realized how much I despised working in hospitality & catering & that 80% of all the chefs I met were complete c***s.

During that time however, I started to get into a somewhat decent shape after seeing a Personal trainer. And the self esteem & confidence boost gained by transitioning from borderline obese to actually somewhat slim as well as the general physical & mental lift of living a healthier lifestyle inspired me to do the same for others.

Since then I've become a certified personal trainer with the goal of helping as many people as possible achieve their fitness goals since I know firsthand how much getting proper guidance & motivation on your health can truly make a positive impact to your lifestyle & mental state.

For the record if anyone ever has any queries relating to exercise or diet they need clearing up, happy to help anyway I can.
Even the smallest changes can have the biggest impacts so don't be afraid to drop a message :)

I guess it's because people kinda always mocked me when I mentioned it since I seem a bit bonkers; and my insecurities about not being able to deal with my own inner issues the way I'd like to.
I've been there too man, it's really crushing on your self esteem to have someone mock you on something your passionate about.
Keep your chin up though!

ArmanaTheCustos

Inspiring Youtuber
Currently my dream job is to become a youtuber and once I get big enough start writing scripts, right now I'm currently working on spiderman

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
When I was younger, my dream job was to be a video game developer, though I kinda let that dream go over the years. That said, I was happy to work on a game for a course during university and complete my childhood dream that way. Otherwise, really, my dream job over the past few years has just been to work from home, and right now I'm doing exactly that thanks to the pandemic (and dreading the day I have to return to the office, lol)

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
i wanted to be a writer when i was younger

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
My dream job is to be a writer. With the help of my mother and my teachers, I discovered that I really love writing as more than just a hobby and I would love to make a career of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom