• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are the Most Important Factors YOU Consider When Purchasing Videogame Hardware?

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
I always consider these factors:
Affordability. This is why i didnt buy the PS3 first, waay too expensive. whichever is cheaper, gets a better chance.
Playability: If this is a console I'll play once in a while and has a few good games, then no. But if it has about 5 or more great launch titles, then im all for it!
Design: Controller design, etc.
Uniqueness: How unique the console and everything in total.

games....first and foremost... no its the only thing i consider. dont care what it looks like or who made it or what crap hype has been made by whatever internet tard with a website. games... if the thing has good games ill buy it

(cost is an issue too :) )

I see what games are going to be coming out on it, and I see if the reviews for it say anything good about it., Then I check to see if I can see myself playing it, and then I read more reviews, and then I make sure that it's going to be worth it. Then I wait for the price to go down, then I buy it^^
And I also make sure they're not going to come out with a new one within the next year>.<
Especially since they're making everything backwards compatible now...

Norm

God-King of Teh Intarwebz
Clearly in ur tube, blockin ur internets.
My first thought when I want to buy a console is, "Is it good?". That's why I don't have a PS3 and desperately want an Xbox 360. I don't care if one outsells the other ten to one, and I don't care if it has 8-bit graphics. If the console is good and the games are good, then it's a must buy IMO. Therefore,I'm going to have to wait and play a demo of all of them in Gamestop, but thanks to Zelda, I will efinetally at some point pick up the Wii U. Whether it will be my first eighth-gen console depends on the features and games of the Xbox 720 and PS4.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Just durability and enjoyment. If something has those two featured, I'll like it.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Honestly... I ask myself one question: Will a Zelda game be released on it?. If so, then I'll buy it. Of course I buy other systems, but Nintendo has a special place in my heart, and I'll by anything they offer.

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!
1. Price. If it's too expensive, forget it. I have no money and my parents are not supportive of me playing video games at all so they wouldn't help.
2. Power. Why i wish I hadn't bought a Wii. I'm missing out on so many good games because the Wii doesn't have the power to play them.
3. Games. If it has no good games then whats the point in having it?
4. Internet quality. Another reason why i don't like the Wii too much.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I'm not too picky. But pretty much just the price and if there are going to be any good games. Basically I just like Nintedo and Sony, but only Nintendo on Handhelds.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I usually take in the factor of playable games for certain consoles.
Not only that, but I also take into consideration:
The price, the reviews, and how long will it last(durability).

First has to have the Nintendo logo on it. Then don't be too expensive and have at least a Mario, Metroid or Zelda game.

What matters the most to me is what games will be on it. If I find a system that has a couple of games that interest me then I consider buying it. Graphics is very little concern in my opinion, although I sometimes get out of my league for those HD graphics. I also look to see if the system can give me a good time like multiplayer and such. Lastly I look at the price which is one of my biggest concerns considering that my parents make me buy games with my own money. Either way I always wait a couple of months before I buy it because of hardware and software problems/updates and because the price my lower like the 3DS.

EDIT: also it has to be nintendo and have a Zelda game on it...(not always but oh well).

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The factors I consider when buying game hardware:

- Controller comfort feel. If the controller feels good, that's a plus.
- Games that will be/are on it must be good.
- Online play if applicable must be good. I don't like lag.
- Price. I'm a poor person (literally do not make any money outside of gifts which is almost never, and I can't get employed due to my age), so hardware price needs to be reasonable for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom