• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What are the most annoying monsters in any Zelda game you’ve played?

The blue wiz robes are very tough enemies dealing a ton of damage as well in the very first legend of Zelda. I also think it’s fair to say a “bubble” enemy in any Zelda title bumping into you is god damn annoying! Haha

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Like Likes. I absolutely hate losing gear, especially in the first game where the shield was just so expensive and difficult to get. I liked that later iterations more often just took rupees from you, but I still found it far more frustrating than losing health.

Currently replaying every game in the series. Finished Zelda 1st and 2nd quest and Adventures of link in the past week so it only gets easier from here.

Zelda 1? Blue and red bubbles, Blue Darknuts and yellow Wizzrobes make you hate life when you walk into a room with 6 to 8 of them. Especially if they are mixed.

I had the misfortune as a child to think it would be cool to just name my game "zelda"

I spent like a year thinking I had a different much harder game than my friends.

2nd quests without a walkthrough likely remains one of the hardest things ever devised in a video game. And I have beaten Battletoads and Silver surfer. It took years of burning every bush and bombing every wall to figure out. i got the game when i was 11 and didn't beat it until I was 24. im 40 now and surprised with how much I remember and how much muscle memory remains in my fingers. The map I had from when i was a kid complete with personal notes I covered in clear tape because it was literally disintegrating.

It took years just to find this damn labyrinth

As For adventures of link? this game is not nearly as unforgiving as I remembered nor is it bad. bad for people who bad hand eye coordination maybe. Certainly I never thought it was as hard as Zelda 2nd quest. The years have widened the gap. Link's sword is the size of a prison shank so you have to get close to everything, but its still manageable.

But Blue Fokkas in the great palace were a doozy till I remembered the upthrust easy way of beating them. Nothing in this game is remotely as challenging as a room with mixed Blue Darknuts and Wizzrobes with bubbles to boot. Great palace often called the hardest dungeon ever is not. 2nd quests has at least 3 labyrinths way harder than Great Palace. Hell, level 6 in the regular quest 1 tops great palace in difficulty. First encounters with Wizzrobes while relatively weak is brutal.

Link to the past? I just started it this morning as I am nearly done the game. Not a single thing in this game is remotely challenging.

But every game is going to be easy as heck after 1 and 2. You are not a real zelda master until you have beaten those games without a walkthrough lol. Every other game basically holds your hand and makes it easy

Last edited:

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
After some thought, while what I said in my earlier post still stands, keese were always annoying in the 2D and 3D games. Huge shoutout to the Ice Keese in OoT in this room:

images

The bane of my existence right there.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
The soldiers in A Link To The Past, and any enemy that functions the same way. Their sword hitbox is so stretched and they can only be hit from one side and they do not stop charging at you for anything. Those pricks chip away at my health when I'm just trying to go places. They're so irritating I hate dealing with them.

10 worst:
Like-likes
Wizzrobes
Bird Knights
Bago-bagos/Skull Fish
Wall Master/Floor Master/Zant Hands
Those electric snail thingies
Darknuts/Iron Knuckles
Bombchus
Winged Bomber Mushroom thingies
Ghost Rats

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Any electric enemy in BotW.
Shock damage is one thing, but dropping your weapons every time you get shocked gets ridiculously frustrating.

Any enemy that repeatedly attacks while giving little chance to attack back.
Both ALttP and LA tend to have these kinds of enemies and they frustrate me to no end.

Bokoblins in SS.
Admittedly, this is due in part to the inaccuracy of the motion controls, but when they block almost every attack you throw out with their sword or shield, I end up waggling mindlessly in hope that something hits. It's not fun. It's just irritating.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Any electric enemy in BotW.
Shock damage is one thing, but dropping your weapons every time you get shocked gets ridiculously frustrating.

Any enemy that repeatedly attacks while giving little chance to attack back.
Both ALttP and LA tend to have these kinds of enemies and they frustrate me to no end.
Thunderblight Ganon made the shock damage SO much more frustrating when I first encountered him cause I haven't learned the timing so I'd drop things a lot

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom