• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are the Fun Little Things You Do When You're Bored?

Nicole

luke is my wife
This thread was made out of boredom. Today has been a slow day, and all the little things I usually do to entertain myself aren't working. :P

I was wondering. What do you guys do when you feel you might die of boredom? Usually, being an only child, I'll go outside and toss a ball around to myself, or play a game I invented... it's called throwing a football or tennis ball up on my roof, and waiting for it to bounce down so I can catch it. Or at least, hoping it comes back down, and doesn't get stuck in my gutters... >.>

Yeah. So what are all the basic things you do to entertain yourselves on a rainy, or generally boring, day (besides playing video games, going on the internet, or watching TV)? Let me know! You might save me from a horrible death of boredom some day. :D

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Video Games is my main hobby so I would say that but also I work a lot on Autodesk products (i.e. inventor, revit) to model future products i could make.

I

ice cream

play a Ds from my friend,and read a book-when I feel like it.
Bake-AHHHHHHHHHHH SUPER FUN!!!! :D

I talk to my girlfriend.

Im also an only child who hates boredom. You know i played zelda (OoT) nonstop from when i was 5 years old until i beat it when i was 10? I CRIED when i beat it, because i knew id be bored after the credits were done rolling. When i say 'nonstop', i mean, NON STOP.

Go outside and feed the birds, watch them eat, etc.

This is only when i'm extremely bored:lol:. But it can be quite relaxing.

Well... usually, I will just complain about being bored, eat some random food, and then annoy people. I wish I didn't, but that seems to be what I do the most when boredom strikes.

Other times, I may just sit in the recliner, put my ipod in with the volume fairly low, and just rest. But when I do that, I will eventually want to get back on ZD, so I take my phone with me to the chair. Then I'm too lazy to transition back to my computer when it's time.

Or... I'll just say "nerm", and then bother my gerbils. Don't say any of these aren't fun until you've tried it. Clearly, annoying people is quite fun.

Oh! I almost forgot! Doodling. That's a big one. I love doodling when I'm bored. The only problem is that sometimes I have no idea what to draw, so my result is either a really crappy scribble mess or a blank sheet of paper. Or... If my mom's iPhone is available--if my sister isn't playing Angry Birds on it, or my mom isn't using it, I like to play Mahjong on it. 'Tis a fun game. ;P

im practically bored all the time, i usually fight my boredom away with friends. If i dont have friends to talk to i go on skype and talk to more friends. and if all else fails i have video games. but those are the major things i do to cure boredom here are some small things i do...
I draw anything that comes to mind.
I twittle my thumbs.
i listen to music.
i watch tv or a movie.
but in the end i find myself playing video games

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Yeah. So what are all the basic things you do to entertain yourselves on a rainy, or generally boring, day (besides playing video games, going on the internet, or watching TV)? Let me know! You might save me from a horrible death of boredom some day. :D

Well, the three things you listed are what I do most of the time. But if I can't do any of those three things (say, if there were a power outage or something):

1. Read a book.
2. Play Solitaire (with real cards).
3. Sketch random shapes/images on a piece of paper.
4. Call someone on the telephone... possibly the power company in order to report the outage and whine about it.
5. Get out a tape measure and ruler, and measure random things. Possibly practice converting between metric and imperial units.

Hm, when I'm bored? Sometimes I'll listen to music, daydream, or just pace and think. Think about random things, projects, story or game ideas, etc. Sometimes I'll think about them to music since that helps me form my ideas. :bleh:

When I get really, really bored though and there's no easy way for me to cure it, it usually means I need to do something meaningful, at which point despite not wanting to, I'll usually go do some housework or work on some other kind of project.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I don't get bored. Only boring people get bored. :P I sometimes lose my train of thought, though. Or find I have a lack of things to do. Usually I daydream like crazy or go bounce on my trampoline. If it's raining really heavily I go outside for a walk and get soaked whilst thinking about something. Or I text my friends...do homework or tidy my room...I sing a lot when I don't have much else to do. Or I write some more in my story, write a song, dance, practise my flute. Endless things.

Elvenknight

HyrulianBlackcat
I'm often bored, especially when I don't have school to do (not saying I like it!). I usually get on here and chat with people. I also like to work on my stories, read book, play with my imagination, or just watch my cats. Even when they're asleep, they're fun to watch. I sometimes doodle, though those are usually planned drawings instead of marks on a page. Sometimes I count bionary on my fingers.

Last edited:

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
I listen to music, read a book, chew on things to see if they taste nice, and er... i speak french. I hate the lessons and my french teacher, but I'm good at it. I just answer everyone's questions in french or spanish (which i quite enjoy)!

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
I'll usually start drawing, either in a sketchbook (which, I usually always have one on me when I go out) or on something, even my arm. If the paper isn't too suitable for drawing, I'll make origami animals out of it. Its not uncommon to find seven or eight origami animals from napkins and wrappers on tables after I leave a diner, ha ha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom