• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What are some of your favorite programs/apps?

Ninja

Well well well
Occasionally I'll search for some quality of life programs and come across some that I really enjoy. What are some of your favorite computer programs that you are using?

For me, some of my favorites on my computer are:

f.lux. It automatically adjusts your screen tone based on the time of day to reduce strain on your eyes. It's a bit of an adjustment to get used to at first, however it really helps when I'm working on something when it's dark in the house and it helps me avoid headaches lol.

Photoshop. One of the most common programs amonst creators. I use it frequently to design things for work, and personal use.

VLC. The ultimate and free one-stop video player that will play anything. The UI is very easy to navigate, and I really enjoy the ability to further max out volume to 200%.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
A few that I use fairly often:

Express VPN: Gotta love accessing region locked content.

Canva: A wonderful graphic design website/application that has a fantastic free version with plenty of free to use resources. Highly recommend it to anyone who needs to make something pretty for an assignment or work.

Preview: Preview is built into Mac OS and I very often use it to easily merge PDFs together, separate them, add various markups such as text, shapes, signature etc.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
Apps I constantly use include, Crunchyroll $7.00 USD a month (I'll keep saying it when it's relevant to the discussion), Discord, Steam, Camtasia studio for editing and recording, and oddly Microsoft word (I like to type).

Zoom - I use it for all of my online meeting needs. Not cheap but it does a really good job.
Photoshop - I still use CS6. The last version before Adobe lost the plot and moved to a subscription model. It stll works well enough for everything I need it for.
Pixelmator - Does 95% of what photoshop does for avery affordable price and no silly subscription model.
Audio Overload - Great app for playing NSF, SPC and other music files. These are the raw dumps of NES, SNES and other music files from the games. Being able to play the tracks in a music player is quite nice.
Discord - There are some servers that are not run by juveniles on a powertrip. I stick to these servers. The rest - yeah the cesspool of Discord and informing their server admins of this usually gets you banned from their servers.
MacTracker - The complete history of every hardware product Apple has ever released complete with hardware specs of each. A great tool that I constantly reference.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
#1 Instagram
Hands down. This is the most favorite app ever. I used to login everyday when I was in 10th grade. But now I'm out of the addiction. I especially loved it when they added video calling. I'm also following a lots of celebs.

#2 Discord
Thanks to this. I'm now into gaming community further in. I even made a few friends here. @Pen keeps my company sometimes and we discuss about anime and stuff. There are tons of servers to have fun. I own an island on Discord (Sever :p). It's currently unpopulated as Discord isn't famous here ,but I'm sure to get more company soon.

#3 Messenger
I've reduced my screen time for Instagram and spend more time here. Way less toxic than WhatsApp.
I have fun hanging out with Tom boys and boys from my old school. *Sniff* . Brings back memories! :kawaii:

#4 Retroarch
Thanks to this emulator I've been able to play GBA, NES, SNES, DS 3DS ,APPLE games for free!
Who'd blow up money over old games when you have such a nice emulator that have so many cores (ie consoles)?
I really recommend this if you don't wanna waste money on old games and if you're looking for an all inclusive emulator and want to cherish your childhood games.

#5 Duolingo
This is most recent. I've been trying to learn 日本語, Русский, and Svensk through this app. I recommend this if you wanna learn a new language.

Reactions: Pen
My Fitness Pal: Free calorie counting app. Great for people who want information on their nutrition & are looking to lean out or bulk up.

Regardless of your opinion on calorie counting, I would advocate that having a general idea on the calories your consuming would benefit anyone wanting to make a change or eat healthier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom