• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are Some of Your Favorite Nicknames for Pokemon and What Pokemon Are They?

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I like to give my Pokémon generic names like Phillip and Bob. This goes for ALL pokemon, so listing them would be silly.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Grovile/Jalorda(#497) = Garlic/Parsley
I had both Pokemon, named both things. I love to name them after herbs a lot.

Victini = Macaroni
I think this name is really cute.

Tauros = Intestines
I don't know why I named him Intestines, but it certainly received a lot of head-turning. xD
I also was testing something with AR codes, and I accidentally made him learn Fly. So now I have a flying ox named Intestines. It just gets better and better. xD

(Shiny) Flygon = Aeon
I love the name. Got it from Castlevania: Judgement.

(Shiny) Rayquaza = Zabeeb
I like the name Zabeeb. Seems to fit a Black Rayquaza.... or a Houndoom I guess

As some of you can tell, I name my pokemon a lot, not just because it's fun to do but also because names can be creative or unique. I take the approach of naming most of my pokemon after characters from cartoons or anime I watch. I have named some legendaries after deities in mythology too. When i name my pokemon after characters i try to find a pokemon that closely matches them whenever possible, either in appearance (i.e. colours they wear, way they look) or personality

Anyway here are some favourite names of mine and very unlikely to have been predictable names too.

I've been playing pokemon showdown and I named quite a lot of my pokemon. I have also included the genders of each pokemon where needed. Here are some names I came up with:

Dialga- Primal Cartman- named after my YouTube channel name since Dialga is my mascot pokemon for my channel

Shiny Mega Rayquaza- Nobunaga- named after one of the main antagonists in Pokemon Conquest, who owns a shiny Rayquaza

Giratina- Damien- named after the son of Satan in South Park

Eternatus- Goma- named after a villain in the Japanese version of the Dinosaur King arcade game. he lives in another dimension

Palkia- Galaxy- based on the fact that Palkia is the legendary pokemon of space

Mega Rayquaza- Shenron- named after the dragon in Dragon Ball Z

Luxray (male)- Sasuke- named after one of the main characters in Naruto

Zeraora- Naruto- named after the main character from the anime Naruto

Hydreigon (male)- Sakon & Ukon- named after one of the sound four ninja in the Naruto series

Hydreigon (female)- Gwen- named after a character from the Total Drama series. She's the goth girl, plus the colours of her hair and clothing are close to Hydreigon

Kyurem- Stewie- named after a Family Guy character, who attempted to plot world domination. I had a Kyurem on Black with the same nickname too

Zekrom- Lightning- named after a character who appeared in Total Drama Revenge of the Island. Makes sense since he looks very bulky and has a lightning bolt necklace, like Zekrom has a lightning bolt crest. Sha-Lightning!

Reshiram- Shiron- named after a white dragon from the anime Legendz Tale of the Dragon Kings

Zoroark (male)- Mal- named after the evil alternate personality of Mike in Total Drama All Stars

Salamence (male)- Stan- named after one of the main South Park characters

Mega Charizard X (male)- Fire Style- generic nickname for a fire type

Silvally- Silver- used this name because of the metallic parts on Silvally's armour

Sceptile (male)- Kyle- named after one of the main South Park characters

Dragapult (female)- Leslie- named after the creepy advert girl in South Park

I have Arceus on showdown too but didn't name it. There's a few other pokemon i have there too but these i listed here are just some of them

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom